Bible question

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

Lindasue

Philip one of the twelve apostles of Jesus; (John 1:43-51). Philip had four virgin daughters who prophesied; (Acts 21:9). Does anyone know there names?

M

MaggieMye

Their names are not given in scripture. And it isn't important to the story's point.
Maggie

Oct 14, 2013
Do not add or Take away dats alllll

K

Karraster

How dare you ask that question!! kidding of course, but ya know....I've often wondered about the name of Moses wife. Nowhere can I find anything about her either. Not sure why a simple question like that could be so wrong...then again, I don't know everything.

R

reject-tech

The number and the fact they are virgins I guess is more important.
Four is something like "knowing the way" or "direction sense", something that consumes a large amount of time for 4 legged creatures. We drive on 4 wheels and sit facing the middle of a 4 sided table every day.
East, West, South, North
Lion, Ox, Man, Eagle

And those first 9 verses indeed set this up as they touch in detail on the course they took.
Similarly there are 7 cities in the course, with the ship "unladening her burden" appropriately at the 7th, all mentioned right before the mention of a layover of 7 days.
Philip the evangelist is "one of the seven" just like Philippians is one of Pauls seven letters, and Philidelphia is one of John's seven letters.
I'd say if the Spirit wills, it can even reveal the meat of the prophecy of those 4 virgins by tying their quantity of 4 and it's variants, 40, 400, and so on, together every where 4 occurs in scripture. For anyone wanting to look deep, and to look with hope above fear.

Numbers and names are among other more important things, a method of cross reference put in place by God, before man decided to divide up chapters and verses in his own mechanical file cabinet kind of way. Or enumerating every word like Strong's.
A "numerology" system that a child can understand, as opposed to the tiring and complicated ones that are submitted by math gurus looking for dates.

Before a child learns to multiply and divide, he thinks 666 is the same as 18, and 4000 is a really big 4 that nobody can count to.
And when he starts to learn to multiply and divide, he quickly discovers that 7 must be the loneliest number ever.

I don't know their names, but I think it's easy to believe their names jive in essence with every other set of 4.

N

nathan3

Philip one of the twelve apostles of Jesus; (John 1:43-51). Philip had four virgin daughters who prophesied; (Acts 21:9). Does anyone know there names?
Important thing to me about that verse is, they taught God's words. And they are women. That is the great thing to note.

Last edited:
L

Lindasue

Important thing to me about that verse is, they taught God's words. And they are women. That is the great thing to note.
That was the first thing that interest me also,about them being women and prophesied the word of God.

N

nathan3

That was the first thing that interest me also,about them being women and prophesied the word of God.
Mary: mother of Christ. Luke 1:26-45 .. Luke 1:27,30,34,38,39,41,46,56; 2:5,16,19,34…Matthew: (1:16,18,20; 2:11) (13:55)… Mark: (6:3) 3:31. etc.

Eve : from who eventually , Christ would come through Mary.

Four daughters of Philip the evangelist; virgins, which did prophesy. Acts 21: 7 -9

Priscilla : Acts 18:2-3, Acts 18:18, Acts 18:19:, Acts 18:26, Romans 16:3-4 , 1 Corinthians 16:19:,
2 Timothy 4:19:

Deborah – Judges 5:1-2, Judges 5:6-7, Judges 5:5:12-13

Huldah – 2 Kings 22:13-16, 2 Kings 22:20, 2 Chronicles 34:22-28

Naomi. Ruth 1:16-17

Eunice and Lois – mother and grandmother of Timothy

Elizabeth – Luke 1:5-7, Luke 1:13, Luke 1:24-25, Luke 1:36, Luke 1:40-44, Luke 57-61 Mother of John the Baptist.

Euodias, and Syntyche Philippians 4 : 1- 4 -5…

Mark 12:41-44

King James Version (KJV)

41 And Jesus sat over against the treasury, and beheld how the people cast money into the treasury: and many that were rich cast in much.

42 And there came a certain poor widow, and she threw in two mites, which make a farthing.

43 And he called unto him his disciples, and saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That this poor widow hath cast more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury:

44 For all they did cast in of their abundance; but she of her want did cast in all that she had, even all her living.

N

nathan3

Also in the latter days. God will pour out His Spirit on all peoples, men and women and they will prophecy . As recorded in Joel. ( That is at the time Antichrist is here ) .

Oct 31, 2011
I think an important aspect to the study of God's word is to be able to say that God didn't tell me that, I don't know, God didn't think I needed to know.

When we begin to use our own reason, trying to make what we are told and what we do know add up to fill in what God hasn't told us, lots of time our reasoning leads us in wrong direction. If God doesn't tell us something, I think we should leave it alone. When we say I don't know, there is no harm in it. When we try to reason through to make up our own minds, when we add to scripture, there often is real harm in it.