Biblically viable or false prophecy?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 4, 2020
many have been saved only by hearing reading "JESUS IS COMING SOON". AMEN
It probably works both ways. It likely causes disillusionment when people say “Christ is coming soon” and then Christ doesn’t come within their lifetime.

I think the sign I posted a picture of in the OP likely does more harm than good if the end result is apostasy. They would have believed in vain and thus lost their salvation.

Maybe with signs like this there should be someone preaching to explain what they mean exactly, to answer questions, or the sign should be reworded to make it clear it’s a possibility and not a forgone conclusion.

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
What is it when God sends a warning through one of His redeemed and they are accused of blasphemy from other "christians"?
I think that's rebellion, right? Being stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart, like the unbelieving Jews? :)

But God's people recognise His voice. I think too often, we are afraid to call out blasphemers for what they are and hold them to account, when they say they heard from God and they clearly didn't, as their false prophecies do not come true. In the Old Testament, they'd have been stoned. (That said, as you mention, in the New Testament, the Jews stoned a lot of the redeemed for telling them what they didn't want to hear).

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
I think that's rebellion, right? Being stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart, like the unbelieving Jews? :)

But God's people recognise His voice. I think too often, we are afraid to call out blasphemers for what they are and hold them to account, when they say they heard from God and they clearly didn't, as their false prophecies do not come true. In the Old Testament, they'd have been stoned. (That said, in the New Testament, the Jews stoned a lot of the redeemed for telling them what they didn't want to hear).
The church has an apostasy, a group claiming to be apostles, prophets and speaking from God but in reality living in the flesh. They will be "circumcised" or "cut off" at the rapture. This is why I believe the rapture will be the 8th day. It will be a new beginning for the raptured saints while at the same time the flesh will be cut off for all those rebellious, stiff necked and unbelieving.

Franc254

Oct 7, 2022
This is my advice to fellow believers, keep your light burning and you wont fear if he will come today or tommorow or 1000 years from now...believers have an advantage, they know how it all ends....true believers will keep the light burning and lamps full of oil, we should always be saying Come Lord Jesus and reminding ourselves that salvation is ours

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
This is my advice to fellow believers, keep your light burning and you wont fear if he will come today or tommorow or 1000 years from now...believers have an advantage, they know how it all ends....true believers will keep the light burning and lamps full of oil, we should always be saying Come Lord Jesus and reminding ourselves that salvation is ours
The Lord is a little more specific

1. You will be judged for you how you serve in the church. Are you a good and faithful servant in the church or do you slander and mock others in the church, while eating with those drunk on the wine of this world.

2. You will be judged on your relationship with the Lord. Do you spend time every day in prayer and in the word with the Lord?

3. You will be judged for your ministry. Have you been investing what the Lord has given you, witnessing publicly for the Lord or did you bury your talent in the backyard?

Franc254

Oct 7, 2022
The Lord is a little more specific

1. You will be judged for you how you serve in the church. Are you a good and faithful servant in the church or do you slander and mock others in the church, while eating with those drunk on the wine of this world.

2. You will be judged on your relationship with the Lord. Do you spend time every day in prayer and in the word with the Lord?

3. You will be judged for your ministry. Have you been investing what the Lord has given you, witnessing publicly for the Lord or did you bury your talent in the backyard?

yes lamp with oil

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Would you ever post a sign up in public with a message about the imminent return of Christ? What verses would you quote to say you know Jesus is returning soon? To be clear, I don't mean "soon" as in the sense that with God a day is like 1,000 years and 1,000 years is like a day. A normal person would read this sign and think "Oh, Jesus is returning this week at least." Then they wait, but what if Jesus doesn't return? Would you consider signs of this nature to be a false prophecy?

I met someone on the Internet once who kept falling for false prophecies about the return of Christ. The last time I talked to her, she had said something about being concerned about all of the predictions not coming true. Her faith was damaged.

So are signs like this more helpful or are they damaging?

View attachment 246825

It is illegal to pray silently in the UK, must be seen to be believed.