Bill Hamon teaching falsely on tongues

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
Ever wonder why so many people think speaking in tongues is so marvelous? It's because they're listening to people like Bill Hamon. See this video; first at 1:00:50. Hamon says: "It's [tongues] the greatest gift the Holy Spirit could find in all of heaven to give the individual." Did you catch that? Tongues is the greatest gift. God's word says: "And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love." 1 Corinthians 13:13. In 1 Corinthians 12:8 Paul lists tongues at the very bottom of his list of spiritual gifts.

Earlier, at 59:07, Hamon recounts a tongues experience he once had. Notice how he demonstrates how he spoke in tongues; he has it all memorized.

Also notice all his books in front of him. He's not a prophet of any kind (other than a false prophet). He's a salesman masquerading as a prophet.

Guys like this aren't even trying to hide their false teachings anymore. They declare them openly because they know people don't know their Bible or don't care what it says. Hamon also teaches "new revelation" and "present truth." He believes he has the power, given by God, to reinterpret scripture as he sees fit.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
"And in their greed they will exploit you with false words." 2 Peter 2:3

Artios1

Born again to serve
Dec 11, 2020
Ever wonder why so many people think speaking in tongues is so marvelous? It's because they're listening to people like Bill Hamon. See this video; first at 1:00:50. Hamon says: "It's [tongues] the greatest gift the Holy Spirit could find in all of heaven to give the individual." Did you catch that? Tongues is the greatest gift. God's word says: "And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love." 1 Corinthians 13:13. In 1 Corinthians 12:8 Paul lists tongues at the very bottom of his list of spiritual gifts.

Earlier, at 59:07, Hamon recounts a tongues experience he once had. Notice how he demonstrates how he spoke in tongues; he has it all memorized.

Also notice all his books in front of him. He's not a prophet of any kind (other than a false prophet). He's a salesman masquerading as a prophet.

Guys like this aren't even trying to hide their false teachings anymore. They declare them openly because they know people don't know their Bible or don't care what it says. Hamon also teaches "new revelation" and "present truth." He believes he has the power, given by God, to reinterpret scripture as he sees fit.
I had never heard of the guy before…. and I couldn’t give that video more than 15 mins …

But I would agree, he does seem to be a boasting salesperson.

His words regarding “tongues being the greatest gift” have to be kept in his context of understanding.
Obviously, there is no greater gift than salvation ….. But he regards the 9 manifestation of the spirit as individual gifts…. which they are not. They are a “manifestation” (evidence or demonstration) of the gift of the spirit that we were given at the new birth. (1Co 12:7)
((The difference between gift and manifestation. A gift is individually given, and you do not have it unless someone gives it to you. A manifestation is an evidence… a showing forth of something you already have.))

But because of the benefits associated with tongues I understand (to a degree) why he made that statement.

The whole preprogrammed thing (upload and download) with tongues (59:39) sounds like a bunch of kah-kah ………… or maybe it was God working with his understanding ….but it is not pre-programmed as the man depicts.

I take slight issue with your statement regarding tongues being at the very bottom …it’s not... “interpretation of tongues” is. Something has to be first ….and something has to be second to last… when a group of something is being described verbally or in writing.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
I had never heard of the guy before…. and I couldn’t give that video more than 15 mins
I don't expect anyone to watch the whole thing; I didn't watch the whole thing. That's why I included time markers so people could see the parts I was commenting on. You don't need context, it's very clear what he said.

I take slight issue with your statement regarding tongues being at the very bottom …it’s not... “interpretation of tongues” is. Something has to be first ….and something has to be second to last… when a group of something is being described verbally or in writing.
You're right, my bad. Tongues is next to last.

But because of the benefits associated with tongues I understand (to a degree) why he made that statement.
I can tell you the benefit of tongues, for Hamon at least and others like him. They encourage the idea that everyone can speak in tongues and everyone can prophesy. They only need to "activate" these dormant abilities. The reason seems clear to me: People who speak in tongues and prophesy are more likely to buy books on tongues and prophecy.

Mar 4, 2020
Wow. This is what people are doing in church nowadays? I feel so bad for their congregation. I wish people would just read the Bible more. Last time I went to church the guy in front of me was literally kicking the Bible around on the floor, stepping on it, and no one seemed to care. Meanwhile, the preacher is up front giving a motivational speech. I ran into a prophetess and she spoke a blessing over me, but it didn't come true. Dear God, please show us how to help the modern day church.

Bob-Carabbio

Jun 24, 2020
I can tell you the benefit of tongues, for Hamon at least and others like him. They encourage the idea that everyone can speak in tongues and everyone can prophesy. They only need to "activate" these dormant abilities. The reason seems clear to me: People who speak in tongues and prophesy are more likely to buy books on tongues and prophecy.
Ignoring "Harmon" (whoever he is) and his opinions, the MOST significant thing about the gift of tongues is that it gives you real-time experience with Speaking words THAT DO NOT ORIGINATE IN YOU, but are being fed into your mind from somewhere else. Prophesy, and interpretation of tongues Are identical to "tongues" in operation, BUT generally in a language that you (and everybody else) understands. Other Gifts work in a similar fashion in that you are simply acting on commands that are burdened to you by the Holy Spirit.

Bottom line: IF YOUR MIND has anything to do with producing the WORDS, either in the common tongue, or one that's unknown to you that you're speaking, then NO SPIRITUAL GIFT is in operation. Tongues, Prophesy, Interpretation, Word of Wisdom, Word of Knowledge, discerning of spirits, etc. come from outside you. Can you LEARN TO DO IT CONVINCINGLY ON YOUR OWN?? Absolutely!!!

Paul warn that spiritual manifestations should be JUDGED by others to determine if they be "fish, or Fowl"

Peter says: "YOU ARE THE CHRIST THE SON OF GOD", and Jesus clarifies that by informing him that HE didn't think that up for himself, but HE WAS GIVEN IT by the Holy Spirit.

When Peter says "Silver and gold have I none, BUT SUCH AS I HAVE give I thee - in Jesus' name (by Jesus' authority) get up and walk, Peter's not thinking any of that up in his mind - He's speaking words sourced to him by the power of the Holy Spirit.

The "Charisma" DO have to be activated, but it's the HOLY SPIRIT who does that and burdens us to do something, according to HIS WILL and timing, when the REAL THING is in operation.

Mark 11:22-24 gives some details about speaking the Word in FAITH, and KNOWING that when you speak it in the unction of the HOLY SPIRIT - you wil HAVE what you speak. The reason that "Word of Faith" and the "Prosperity gospel (so called) DON"T WORK, is simply because people are following false teaching, following "Methods and Formulas" and PRETENDING to "Have faith", when BIBLICAL FAITH (Heb 11:1) isn't even on the radar.

WHen the cripple got up and walked, Peter wasn't even surprised - HE KNEW what would happen when he spoke God's WORD to the cripple.

In Pentecostal churches, typically we "Pray for the sick", and NOTHING HAPPENS most of the time, but SOMETIMES there's a healing as a "pleasant surprise". That wasn't true in the early church.