blah

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

Brandon777

I don't know what to do. I can't seem to give one area of my life to God, and it's getting in the way of worshiping Him. I guess because I feel like it's not who I am to lift my hands to God if I'm disobeying Him. I want the strength to beat this, but I don't think I can win...I don't think anything short of a christian sexual addiction counselor would help, but I don't have the money for that and even then it's no guarentee, plus the Bible says people who have a problem with lust should be married. So I think that's a solution that would work. Please focus on my problem when responding to this. My problem is not having the desire to worship.

D

DownUnder

1. Slow down, take breath.
2. You are saying the problem is lust?
3. you can still hold your hands up to God, if you are disobeying, Christ said He came for the sick, not the healthy. You have a problem with Lust, He will help you, you need to pray to God to help you AND you need to help yourself too! Ask Him for the strength to do so, and point you in the right direction.
4. find out how you can get that help (counselling), and if you can get it cost free?
5. Just marrying someone to fix an addiction is wrong, that would be just using them.
6. Worship is love, loving God, Love God and ask Him for help. Ask in Jesus name.

You don't have to jump around and sing praises. Try this, Psalm.46:10. Rest back in God's, your Fathers arms and TALK to Him. Just like kid in it's earthly fathers arms does when it is hurt, ask Him like a son to his dad to help. Ask the Holy Spirit to guide you in this.

Do you have a pastor you feel comfortable enough with to discuss this?

koolcas

Jul 12, 2012
i heard a story once where this guy who was always 'falling' into this sexual sin got so tired and so desperate that he went into a bedroom and fasted and prayed for three days. he wasnt leaving the room til God broke the cycle of sin. I guess we got to get real desperate with God. God wants us to totally rely on Him and he definitely wants us to persevere. The race is not for the swift you know, but for those that will endure to the end. Hold on to Him and His word. Also dont make enemy fool you into thinking you cant praise God because you messed up. Its one of his most successful strategies. You can be strong- but only in the Lord and in the power of His might. You can beat this!!!