Blessing on a Godly mission

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 4, 2013
I have spent some time at a teen shelter in Portland Maine on two separate occasions. I do not have the strength or wisdom to verbally minister to them at this time. I have prayed to God and He has answered me. Tomorrow I am going to a church soup lunch, where I will discuss the setting up of a bible donation. I will ask that for the for the next two or three Sundays if time and budget allow, everyone with the ability purchase or donate a new or fairly used bible. Preferable with layman translation. After I have found and worked a job for a few weeks, I will purchase a small stereo that a music device such as an iPod can be attached. I will purchase a music device and create a playlist of Christian artists with songs that I know these youth living on the streets can (even if they choose not to) relate to. I will then bring the collection (In a bin or basket) of bibles to the teen shelter and leave the portable stereo and music player with a note on the stereo (staff property) in hopes that when the stereo is removed it will be by a case manager or staff member as not to be stolen and sold or traded for harmful purposes. I will start the playlist and promptly leave the shelter. I do not belong there. Neither does any child belong there. I will continue to do this once a month until I have more to offer and the strength to follow through. I will do this once a month because there are children that come and go through the shelter and some that are there for years. Even if all of them are to scared or stubborn to pick one of those bibles up, until I can do more, I will know I am giving the best thing that I have right not myself. If over time I get resistance from staff or the authorities running the shelter I will pray to God and go from there. I humbly request any and all prayers towards giving me the strength and ability to follow through with this. It will be a process that will either fail or prosper through my trust in God. I am prepared for good things to come of it, or bad things to show themselves. So my trust in God will not falter. God bless and I thank you in advance for all of your prayers.

P

Powemm

Hey mike .... Send me an address... I will purchase a few bibles and send to you ....
Michelle

P

Powemm

Lifting all you ask up to the Lord... That it be according to His will and His plan ..
May he lead you in it
Michelle

Jan 4, 2013
I will clarify more. Children deserve and belong in shelter. God wants them in His shelter.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Praying in Jesus's name for all you ask and more.

God bless
pickles

S

shekaniah

Father place provisions in their lives as needed,
move hearts and give wisdom, knowledge and understanding.
In Jesus Name, Amen