Blue & White Collar Job?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
W

wing2x

Hello everyone, I just wanted to ask about the blue and white collar job, of which two get higher salary mostly in developed countries. Are they have the same or almost the same salary?

U

Ugly

I could be wrong, but i believe blue collar jobs are more of things like mechanics, bus drivers, factory workers. More 'hands on' type jobs. Whereas white collar jobs are more like banking, office work, stock market, etc.
Personally, i don't care which i do, i just want to do something i enjoy and be successful enough at it to make a decent living.

W

wing2x

thanks for the information

Aug 2, 2009
Hello everyone, I just wanted to ask about the blue and white collar job, of which two get higher salary mostly in developed countries. Are they have the same or almost the same salary?
White collar are supposed to be the highly educated, suit-wearing workers/executives with the high-salary jobs (hence the white collars on thier oxford shirts).

Blue collar is supposed to be the "working class", who did not go to college and works lower wage jobs like mechanic, waiter, construction worker, truck driver,etc.. Thanks to unions, some blue collar earn the same or more than white collar!

They are both just stereotypes and there's no definitive list of classifications for either.

J

Jullianna

It depends upon the job and the individual's performance, along with other factors. There are a lot of blue collar electricians, repairmen, construction workers, etc. who are bringing in some pretty hefty incomes, as their services are always going to be in demand, while certain professions like financial advisors, stock brokers, etc. can be deeply affected in financially troubled times.

The important thing is to do what you are good at and enjoy because you are going to have to work for a long time most likely. :) Anything you do for an honest day's pay is honorable. You get out of it what you put into it.

W

wing2x

Thank you for alll the information. God bless...