Bored

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

arwen83

I'm bored. Ever desire to spend money when your bored? I do. But on what? Can't think of anything and there is something unfulfilling about spending money solely to relieve boredom. So I'll just stay home and be bored. Blah.

Last edited:

JimJimmers

Apr 26, 2012
I actually don't desire to spend money when I'm bored, I usually desire to create something. That almost sounds like a symptom of being an artist though, and I don't think I am one. Maybe I'm a craftsman? But I think you are right, we should not spend money to relieve boredom.

A

arwen83

Thank goodness for online gaming- gettin' my geek on

K

kayem77

When I have money and I'm bored, I buy food or snacks. I also play online, or read different blogs. All this while I have Facebook open lol.

Nov 7, 2012
8ballrs_zpsb2d71d1f.png

svg graphic from inkscape.i learned from a youtube tutorial.
this could be your boredom!

Last edited:
A

adekruif

I look at car parts when i'm bored...and try to justify spending so much money on small little parts that 0.5% of the population will notice. Ok, ok maybe 0.5% is being generous. :rolleyes:

rachelsedge

Oct 15, 2012
Sometimes I watch funny videos on YouTube (usually cat videos or bloopers of my favorite shows) and giggle like an idiot.

Or I'll try to be productive and journal or clean, but that doesn't usually last as long. :p I'm not really a boredom cleaner, I'm a I'm-in-a-cleaning-mood cleaner.

DuchessAimee

Apr 27, 2011
Have you considered Pinterest? It's a digital corkboard of sorts. A lot like shopping but without spending the money.

A

arwen83

Have you considered Pinterest? It's a digital corkboard of sorts. A lot like shopping but without spending the money.
Yeah I'm on it, it got old fast lol.

TheAristocat

Oct 4, 2011
I look at car parts when i'm bored...and try to justify spending so much money on small little parts that 0.5% of the population will notice. Ok, ok maybe 0.5% is being generous. :rolleyes:
Whenever I go past an auto parts store I die a little inside.

S

Shouryu

I'm with Kayem. If you're going to spend money due to boredom, it should be food. At least that's an impulse purchase that will get used, rather than sit in the closet unopened. ^_^

May 24, 2013
I'm bored. Ever desire to spend money when your bored? I do. But on what? Can't think of anything and there is something unfulfilling about spending money solely to relieve boredom. So I'll just stay home and be bored. Blah.
...man, I hardly ever get bored --- so much happens on spiritual levels when in the Realm of God --- that interface with the 'tip of the iceberg that is the physical reality' --- how can anyone ever get bored??

...my dilemma is I see myself as only having a short time to fulfil all I want to and need to here....I need 1000 years just to study the areas I want to excel in and perfect ... and then an eternity to fulfil them all ... In addition, there is just so much potential to 'live and love in'... in the Light ... hmmmmm

...shopping?? now that is therapeutic and anything good for ones health is 'good' :cool: .... :D

...a good hi-fi system? ie: Valve pre-amp/amp with Rega Planar or Linn turntable?
...a new sporty car? ... how about starting up a perfume lab?? something I want to do on the side sometime.... :)

Last edited: