boycotting

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Z

zaoman32

I've never really seen Christians boycotting a thing as the true problem. Christians making false accusations, being ill-informed, having knee-jerk reactions and believing the first thing they hear about a thing from unreliable sources are problems.
I can't like this enough. I think this why a lot of Christians do what they do. I was friends with one on facebook who posted the pepsi story, with the comment "Not sure if this is true or not, but just in case...?" I kindly let them know that the story popped up a year ago and still I saw no can such as they mentioned, I think I also mentioned it was Coke's sinister plan to put pepsi out of business. It wasn't like before they deleted the story, I'm still not sure which line did it for them though...

Zao...I touched on this same thing a month ago in I think it was the bible discussion thread. I still hold my opinion,it's because many christians still have not renewed their minds in this area of that pack mentality..that insecurity...it's like this mob mentality. Instead of just being an example & let's say not buying pepsi products,if that's what you feel convicted to do because they are supporting something evil or God has directly spoken to you & placed a conviction on your heart not to buy pepsi,people it seems would much rather act angered,gather others to themselves & spread the anger...like misery loves company. I say..pray for God to give you wisdom in the situation as to what he wants you to do. Pray for the people who make that product,or support something immoral...who knows maybe God will lead you to blog about it or share with others,but ya' gotta keep that heart in check. It's too easy to flesh out & become a complete idiot,thus certainly not showing Jesus to the world by your actions. Ok..dismounts soapbox.
You brought up a point I was just thinking of. You talked up people should use prayer and ask God where to lead them, which is a good thing, but then there are lot of people who do that, and when God does lead them they think "Oh, I heard straight from God, that means I'm right and everyone should follow suit!" And I think that associated with Jullianna's post is the poison in the wine (you see what I did there?). Not much unlike when someone finds a solution to their problem, and automatically pushes that on to everyone else thinking it will work.

Great comments and insight guys! Thank you much!