boyfriend and I?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Pres19

Nov 27, 2013
I'm not sure if I'm in right thread or not but since this is a family thread I'll try here.
Okay so I need help cause I don't know what to do. My boyfriend and I have been together for almost a year and I love him every much. But I want nothing more than to live my life for God and it just seems like he doesn't want anything to do with God. He says he does but he won't read the bible with me and he won't go to church unless I beg him to. Sometimes I just wanna give up. Can anyone give me any advice please?

U

Ugly

The bible says the man is the spiritual leader in a marriage. Is he able to abide by that? If the answer is no, then there is the answer to whether or not things should continue. Sounds like hes given up on his faith. Do you want someone like that to bring you down?

N

nimbus3852

A conservative might leave him. A liberal would probably stay.

It might help to evaluate the benefit of the established relationship, and see how your values fit in.

E

Ecclesiastik

A conservative might leave him. A liberal would probably stay.

It might help to evaluate the benefit of the established relationship, and see how your values fit in.
What would Jesus say? That's what matters. Before you answer, remember this is the same Jesus who told people to pluck their eyes out if they cause them to sin. This is also the same Jesus who said that if anyone loves their family more than Him, they are not worthy of Him.

Don't put anything in front of God or place anything as equal to God.

J

jb800m

This a very hard choice to make... It is so easy to give advice either way , but i have to believe that ever situation is different and with all those things said and done, it is a heart thing right now... so all i can offer is a prayer

Dear father in heaven, you are the king of Kings and the lord of Lords, you have sent your son to die for us and i thank you for that, lord i lift up this sister that you will give her the right answer to this situation, that you will give her the answer and peace with come forward,, I pray for her walk that she will continue to strive to become more Christlike, and that you bless her in the things you guide her to do... I also lift up this boyfriend .. that you will keep on his case day and night till he will build a stronger relationship, pls heal what needs to be healed and set a fire that no man could ever quench.. God it is your choice how they will move forward, so i do ask again for clarity to both of them , but most important is that they both will move forward in you ty Jesus amen

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
"Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Orwhat fellowship has light with darkness?" 2 Cor. 6:14

I think you are "in love" rather than loving you boyfriend. If you really stand back and evaluate what you have in common, you will realize that you do NOT have a Christian foundation. You would be spending a lifetime going to church alone, reading the Bible alone, or slipping yourself.

Christ must be the foundation of a Christian marriage. If your boyfriend says he is a Christian, he is not showing it. Do you want to fight with him over how to raise the children? What if he becomes a total atheist?

Sorry to be so blunt, but I have a friend who got saved after her marriage to a non-Christian. He lets her take the children to church, and she loves him. But she says part of the marriage is missing, because her husband just will not believe in Christ. We have prayed for him for years, and I have personally witnessed to him. But he just is set in his ways.

Praying for you to seek God, and find some answers to your dilemma. I think most of us are in agreement on this thread, that unless he changes radically, you do need to make some hard decisions about your relationship.

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
OP I know exactly how you feel. It was because of a woman, my girlfriend at the time that was my stumbling block in comijg to Lord a few years before I actually did. I thought we loved each other and that we would possibly marry some day as we were together for about a year until she tore my heart apart. I remember telling God I would come to Him if we ever broke up but I couldnt let her go and a couple years after we broke up I finally submitted.
Heres my advice, you need to choose and you need to choose remembering he is only a boyfriend, you are not bound to one another.
My wife told me that she had to ask God to help her break out of a relationship with a guy so she could come to Him and miraculously He did help her, her desire for God was greater than for any man.
I hope this helps. Grace and peace.

W

ww_21

I have been in a similar situation. I am sorry that I can not offer any advice to you, or any comforting words except to pray about it, ask God to open your boyfriend's heart to his grace so that he may be able to accept God's love for him and become a man of God.

Pres19

Nov 27, 2013
I've been praying about it. I know I should leave him and focus on God. But still I don't want to hurt him. Please pray for me. Your words got me thinking about a lot... thank you

W

ww_21

I've been praying about it. I know I should leave him and focus on God. But still I don't want to hurt him. Please pray for me. Your words got me thinking about a lot... thank you
I have prayed for you my dear and I hope God blesses you.

Oct 31, 2011
Is this a sexual relationship? If it is, then you are one with this person in God's eyes, and God sees your leaving very much like a divorce. If this is a regular boy friend relationship, then to marry would make your life very difficult.

F

fourleaf

I'm not sure if I'm in right thread or not but since this is a family thread I'll try here.
Okay so I need help cause I don't know what to do. My boyfriend and I have been together for almost a year and I love him every much. But I want nothing more than to live my life for God and it just seems like he doesn't want anything to do with God. He says he does but he won't read the bible with me and he won't go to church unless I beg him to. Sometimes I just wanna give up. Can anyone give me any advice please?
Hello Pres19. I have a similar problem too with my bestfriend. He is really a good person. In fact, I can't imagine him doing awful things. The problem is, he also doesn't want anything to do with God. He once been a catholic but later on he had given up on his faith.

I think the best advice I could give you is never stop praying. Prayer is very powerful. “ When we pray, we open the door for God to come into our problems and situations and work on them.”

We can't change people and make them love God, but if we pray, God can direct to their hearts and reach them.

God bless! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I

intercessorginger

This is a bummer for you because it's pretty obvious he is not a born again Christian and you are unequally yoked in a relationship with him. You can and should pray for him daily, but I don't see a future for this relationship unless he changes radically.
I would advise you back off of this and keep your eyes open for the one God has for you.