bratty little kids (boys) who keep coming on our property

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
Am I the only one just thinking ''just someone spank them'' lol

jenniferand2

Mar 19, 2016
that is illegal you can not put your hands on another persons child Although back in the day you bet your butt would get beat by everyone in the neighborhood if you were out of control... New rules now no touchy anyone's kids nonononono

M

Miri

Children/teens need boundaries, if their parients won't provide them,
then you might have to, at least when it comes to your own property.

I live on a large circular green and last year we had a problem where a group of youths kept
coming on playing football. I didn't mind this, but they kept playing close to my house (why
they didn't have the brains to play in the middle of the green I have no idea). None of them even
lived on the green they lived further down the road.

So the ball kept coming in the garden, they didn't even bother to knock on the door,
they just kept running in and out, trampling the plants and leaving the gate open.

Several times over different weeks, I went out to tell them to move into the middle of the green
but each time they came to play, they came close to the house.

Then one evening the ball hit the window twice, the second time I was waiting and I got the ball
before they did.

They all lined up shouting over the garden hedge asking for their ball back.
I said I would give it back to the parents of the kid who owned the ball, so if they
wanted it back they would have to get the parents to come and get it!

They all ran off and I thought "O lord I hope dad isn't too big!" Lol

Anyway it was mum who came around wanting to know what the problem was, so I told her.
At that point my aunt was also sleeping downstairs in the living room and I said the last thing she
needed was kids running in and out of the garden and footballs hitting the window.

Anyway she told them to play further away from the house and that if they made any
more trouble, she would take the ball off them!

Problem sorted, it never came in the garden again and it didn't this year either when they have been
on the green. So I think they got the message.

Plus....mum started going to my church earlier this year and she has given me lifts home on a
couple of occasions. Never say God doesn't have a sense of humour!

M

missy2014

Play bible sermons really loud through the windows... when they come around.. maybe it will gain their interest in GOD or send them running... Hopefully gain their interests.. Yes continue to pray about how to handle it..
hahaha yall cracking me up i could be silly and have real fun trying to imagine this: as soon as they walk past the door step the 'familiar sermon' comes on 'submit to parental authority' 'caring about others' and 'submit to Parental authority" and then when they go to get off my property its off and then 10 secs later they come back sermon is back a bit like a DJ I guess. Oh and once they go past the door step the volume is REALLY loud then when they start to move away it get quieter like a mouse hahah I like this lol :D I might as well make a dj and make a 'techno' song part music part of their favourite sermons

M

missy2014

yeh thats how my parents would of deal us but yeh New wine is right its illegal and in NZ too.

M

missy2014

Squirt guns are great a super soaker would be amazing lol
thats how we deal with the birds and our rubbish bags i guess I could say "oh sorry I thought you were a bird my bad!"

M

missy2014

Children/teens need boundaries, if their parients won't provide them,
then you might have to, at least when it comes to your own property.

I live on a large circular green and last year we had a problem where a group of youths kept
coming on playing football. I didn't mind this, but they kept playing close to my house (why
they didn't have the brains to play in the middle of the green I have no idea). None of them even
lived on the green they lived further down the road.

So the ball kept coming in the garden, they didn't even bother to knock on the door,
they just kept running in and out, trampling the plants and leaving the gate open.

Several times over different weeks, I went out to tell them to move into the middle of the green
but each time they came to play, they came close to the house.

Then one evening the ball hit the window twice, the second time I was waiting and I got the ball
before they did.

They all lined up shouting over the garden hedge asking for their ball back.
I said I would give it back to the parents of the kid who owned the ball, so if they
wanted it back they would have to get the parents to come and get it!

They all ran off and I thought "O lord I hope dad isn't too big!" Lol

Anyway it was mum who came around wanting to know what the problem was, so I told her.
At that point my aunt was also sleeping downstairs in the living room and I said the last thing she
needed was kids running in and out of the garden and footballs hitting the window.

Anyway she told them to play further away from the house and that if they made any
more trouble, she would take the ball off them!

Problem sorted, it never came in the garden again and it didn't this year either when they have been
on the green. So I think they got the message.

Plus....mum started going to my church earlier this year and she has given me lifts home on a
couple of occasions. Never say God doesn't have a sense of humour!
awesome story I loved it all

M

missy2014

hahaha yall cracking me up i could be silly and have real fun trying to imagine this: as soon as they walk past the door step the 'familiar sermon' comes on 'submit to parental authority' 'caring about others' and 'submit to Parental authority" and then when they go to get off my property its off and then 10 secs later they come back sermon is back a bit like a DJ I guess. Oh and once they go past the door step the volume is REALLY loud then when they start to move away it get quieter like a mouse hahah I like this lol :D I might as well make a dj and make a 'techno' song part music part of their favourite sermons
"personal space" was the other sermon haha

D

Depleted

Their all neighbourhood kids i admit ive struggled to love their ring leader-
the boy from the neighbours right beside us i love him but its a struggle
i know hes cool and that but hes rebellious a loud mouth and mean
came to our house once and kept putting my nephew and our family down
and does what he likes also around the neighbourhood
his parents pretty much dont discipline their kids
im not hating on strong willed but sometimes if they dont use or see as it as a strength its a sure pain in the butt
but its also demonic he tries to manipulate control like spiritually burden or hinder people at even at the mention of him needing
to pull up his socks.
or when i try and pray about this situation my Dad is strong willed so im not demonizing strong willed folks, I have
an amazing dad .

I love his parents they are cool people we have talked before and met them too
and i can see the good in them and their oldest son
but its provocative and really ticks that they let him just do what he wants so the problem
in the ring leader and boys keep going on particularly our property and the neighbours
its random to say the least ive told me parents but yeh theyre not doing anything about it.
They dont ask they just come funny cause the neighbours are the type that wont mess with anyone
with you rub them the wrong way - they can be agro
I think its better for us all to pray about this esp the parents( than to tell off the boys esp the ring leader
I was about to) that this door is closed and this opposition
is bound up .
Can you see my frustration tho?
I hope you know me enough to realize how different this is than my usual suggestions.

"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar."

An alternative to going the legal route/starting WWIII, make friends with them while setting your rules.

They yell and scream on your property? Bring out snacks for them when asking them to quiet down. In the future, if they're quiet, they get snacks. If they're loud, they don't.

Are they destroying your property? Pay them to fix it up. (Also include snacks, when the job is done right.)

Don't need work done? Who in the neighborhood does? Pay them to do that work and make sure they understand it will be inspected before payment, and the approval of the neighbor is required. (Amazing what you can get kids to do for a lot less than skilled labor. lol)

They're kids. You weren't but a kid not too long ago. Can you spend time with them? I was cool back when I played the same video games kids played. Great conversation starter. And, yup, I played with them, if they let me. If I didn't have back pain, I'd be down at the skateboarding park learning from the experts. I learned some info about skateboarding for my novel by asking local SBers. (I'm now the nutty old lady who talked to them instead of yelled at them. lol) It doesn't take much to get on the same wavelength if we but have some connection.

Give them a sense of community. Give them time from one old lady. (Yeah. You. Face it. You're an old lady to kids. lol) And maybe, just maybe, you make friends that won't harass you. (More friends, if you can get them to be the paid help in the neighborhood.)

How about catching the flies instead of adding to the over use of vinegar? ;)

Tinkerbell725

Jul 19, 2014
Philippines Age 40
I hope you know me enough to realize how different this is than my usual suggestions.

An alternative to going the legal route/starting WWIII, make friends with them while setting your rules.

They yell and scream on your property? Bring out snacks for them when asking them to quiet down. In the future, if they're quiet, they get snacks. If they're loud, they don't.

Are they destroying your property? Pay them to fix it up. (Also include snacks, when the job is done right.)

Don't need work done? Who in the neighborhood does? Pay them to do that work and make sure they understand it will be inspected before payment, and the approval of the neighbor is required. (Amazing what you can get kids to do for a lot less than skilled labor. lol)

They're kids. You weren't but a kid not too long ago. Can you spend time with them? I was cool back when I played the same video games kids played. Great conversation starter. And, yup, I played with them, if they let me. If I didn't have back pain, I'd be down at the skateboarding park learning from the experts. I learned some info about skateboarding for my novel by asking local SBers. (I'm now the nutty old lady who talked to them instead of yelled at them. lol) It doesn't take much to get on the same wavelength if we but have some connection.

Give them a sense of community. Give them time from one old lady. (Yeah. You. Face it. You're an old lady to kids. lol) And maybe, just maybe, you make friends that won't harass you. (More friends, if you can get them to be the paid help in the neighborhood.)

Even kids can become abusive. Long time ago we once fed poor and hungry kids from our neighborhood. They kept coming back and it came to a point where they banged the door it was scary. You can only help people once, if you do it many times they get abusive.

A

Ariel82

I am confused what exactly are they doing wrong?

I saw a comment about telling one kid to pull up the socks?

"but its also demonic he tries to manipulate control like spiritually burden or hinder people at even at the mention of him needing
to pull up his socks."

Seriously?

Most kids I know would be offended and find it ridiculous to be criticized about how low their socks are.

It's not right for them to come into your yard and insult your family and your nephew. I would tell him to get off my yard.

If he refused I would take out the hose and tell him we had three options.

Option 1: He leave voluntarily and never bother my family again.

Option 2: I shot him with the hose and he never bother my family again.

Option 3: I call the police and fill a harassment report, add vadalism if he decides to destroy anything on my property.

A

Ariel82

Great ideas but the kids respect folks who stand up for themselves too.

She might be able to win the gang over with honey but only if she puts the ringleader in his place(shows consequences for his actions and makes him apologize...show him grace and forgiveness when he does) show them how not to be afraid of him or it's more fun to follow the rules then break them.

M

missy2014

I am confused what exactly are they doing wrong?

I saw a comment about telling one kid to pull up the socks?

Seriously?

Most kids I know would be offended and find it ridiculous to be criticized about how low their socks are.

It's not right for them to come into your yard and insult your family and your nephew. I would tell him to get off my yard.

If he refused I would take out the hose and tell him we had three options.

Option 1: He leave voluntarily and never bother my family again.

Option 2: I shot him with the hose and he never bother my family again.

Option 3: I call the police and fill a harassment report, add vadalism if he decides to destroy anything on my property.
im sorry if i offended you that wasnt my intention its just an expression I wouldnt go about telling to literally pull up their socks because its thats not an issue .
Pull up your socks means they are being problematic and need to fix the problem their causing basically sort it out . we use this expression alot in NZ . yeh i agree with the rewards with food but i know my parents wouldnt want me wasting food like that.
I go with the clear boundaries and consequences .

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
that is illegal you can not put your hands on another persons child Although back in the day you bet your butt would get beat by everyone in the neighborhood if you were out of control... New rules now no touchy anyone's kids nonononono
True, you cannot put YOUR HANDS on another person's child.

But...
if your whole YARD WAS A CROCODILE PIT...
and the only was to cross the crocodile pit was by a zip line...
PROBLEM SOLVED!

[video=youtube;x1GZYV8Fsgw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1GZYV8Fsgw[/video]

A

Ariel82

im sorry if i offended you that wasnt my intention its just an expression I wouldnt go about telling to literally pull up their socks because its thats not an issue .
Pull up your socks means they are being problematic and need to fix the problem their causing basically sort it out . we use this expression alot in NZ . yeh i agree with the rewards with food but i know my parents wouldnt want me wasting food like that.
I go with the clear boundaries and consequences .
Oh that makes more sense.

I don't think the food would be wasted if given to hungry children, but it shouldn't be a bribe for them to behave.

I like the idea of offering them jobs like raking the leaves or other yard work and paying them for it.

Would not pay them for fixing what they broke...sends mixed messages and might make them think that crime pays well.

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
OR..... you could pull an Eastwood on them.....

my lawn.png

D

Depleted

Great ideas but the kids respect folks who stand up for themselves too.

She might be able to win the gang over with honey but only if she puts the ringleader in his place(shows consequences for his actions and makes him apologize...show him grace and forgiveness when he does) show them how not to be afraid of him or it's more fun to follow the rules then break them.
Sure. And that's why I suggested putting them to work for money. Nothing teaches you consequences faster than earning the money by needing to do the work right. :)

W

workinprogress

This is really tricky, sometimes bad neighbors retaliate and escalate things after police is called on them. So just be careful.