Breakfast ideas

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

jb800m

ok this old whale is in a rut i love to cook and i made omlettes and hashbrowns to die for and buttermilk pancakes so awesified you pop a button on your pants just by smelling them, but i want some other ideas taht are interesting but simple to make ,,, yes i can make eggs all sorts of different ways but looking for other suggestion and since this site reaches all over the world i would love to hear what everyone does for breakfast meals

thanks

and yes i would do chocolate cake for breakfast but bill cosby stole that form me *winks*

CatHerder

Mar 20, 2013
quiches
coffee cakes
breakfast wraps (w/egg, sausage, veggies)
some do "breakfast for dinner." I do "dinner for breakfast."
crepes
french toast
waffles

W

wwjd_kilden

My impression is that the typical american breakfast resembles what I would eat for a dessert or a saturday snack :p (Maybe I'm just boring? Normally I just have a slice of bread with one type of spreading + a glass of milk)

Hmmm, a good breakfast.

A small bowl of muesli in milk (with added fruit if desired)

Whole- grain bread, lightly roasted
+ Some sort of meat on top (sausage / ham )
+ some bits of vegetables (paprika / tomato / leek ... or all :D )
+ sour cream / Crème fraîche

PS: Egg is good for putting on bread too, though probably not together with the mix mentioned above :p

Oct 31, 2011
If you like to fuss with your cooking like I do, and you have the time, I think popovers make an elegant breakfast, especially if it is served with fruit. Any recipe will do, and any muffin tin, but I like my cast iron one. And this recipe tells you just how to fuss enough to be sure they pop beautifully.

Put oven rack on a lower rack so the tops of the popovers will be near the middle of the over. Preheat to 450F.

Spoon 1 cup sifted unbleached flour in a cup and level with a knife. Add 1/2 teas salt and a light grating of nutmeg.

Whisk 2 large eggs together, it should measure 1/2 cup of eggs. Whisk in 1 cup of whole milk. Warm this in microwave or on stove until it is room temperature.

Gently whisk the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients only until just mixed. There will be some small lumps in the batter.

Put the muffin tins on a baking sheet, heat until very hot. Brush cups with plenty oil, fill cups 1/2 full of batter. Bake for 20 minutes, then reduce heat to 375 and bake 20 minutes longer until they are golden and crisp. Do not open oven door for first 30 minutes of baking.

CatHerder

Mar 20, 2013
This is good too. A nice change from pancakes, you don't have to stand at the stove and flip it. Just let the oven do the work. I haven't done the traditional cherry kind (shown), but have used strawberries while reducing the sugar. You may have to do this depending on the fruit you use. And if you don't use brandy, you can sub any fruit juice.

Cherry Clafoutis Recipe | SAVEUR

X

xXErraticEmilyXx

I like to make stuffed french toast for breakfast. Two slices of french toast with a layer of whipped cream cheese (or you can use cheesecake mix) and fruit/jam, topped with syrup, powdered sugar, or whipped cream. It's like a sweet sandwich.

Egg in a hole- which is simply a slice of toast with a hole in the middle you cut with a cookie/biscuit cutter, and you put it in the pan and crack and egg into the hole. It's pretty much sunny side up in toast. I like to use lots of butter and putting bacon on top. The leftover round from cutting the bread is good for dipping into the yolk.

Crepes filled with bananas and drizzled with warm nutella and a side of mixed fruits

Oatmeal banana shake- about a quarter cup of rolled oats, (blended to achieve a finer texture) brown banana, enough whole milk to preferred thickness, a bit of cinnamon, and a generous addition of real honey. Great for lazy, non-morning people, or tight timing.

Fruit parfait- Plain or vanilla yogurt with two layers of fruit and granola with a topping of dark chocolate syrup.

Tacos... I love tacos for breakfast- especially potato, egg, bacon, onion, and cheese. Very quick and versatile. You're not limited to certain ingredients, so you can use leftover bbq, beans, and vegetables.

Now, this one's kind of strange, but I love cottage cheese on top of honey nut chex with mandarin oranges. The oranges bring flavor to the meal, the cheese is creamy, and the chex has a nice crunch. It is a very light breakfast and has lots of protein in it to start off the day or make a good snack choice. If the cottage cheese is too overpowering, you can add honey for natural sweetness.

O

overcomer2

I'm into this right now. Little skillet 1. butter, onion, mushroom, tomatoe,(all diced) 2 eggs on top (cheese if you have it and want it). Piece of rye toast or pumpernickel bread. Glass of OJ and (yummy). I'm going to have to make this in the morning.

CatHerder

Mar 20, 2013
mmmmmm.......pumpernickel

T

tanyatruetime

Ha ha ha Nice to read you have such a healthy appetite in the morning time and passion to cook and create at such early hours.

"They" (some people) say one should eat as richest during morning and work way down and the lightest meal should be evening.

I surely do not eat what I would like to eat in morning times and reading your post may inspire myself and others like me.
My main focus when awakening is coffee.
Lots of strong gorgeous coffee then feed my neigher.

I went to a cafe that made beautiful double shot banana coffee shake.
Very good for those with poor morning appetite or who are to tired to eat in mornings.

Starting the day in positive way and a good feed.
Start to Exercise would be nice and then follow up with a humungus gorgeous breakfast hopefully blessed be with loved one or loved ones.

Those who like porridge in morning I advise linseed, honey, nuts and a few other lovely seeds, gorgeous amounted pinch salt and cook slowly on stove with wooden spoon or micro if hurry you be in.
It is very soothing and warming, comforting on a cold winter day and you can serve with apple puree or farina/brown sugar and milk.

L

Ladybuglove

When I'm lazy I make breakfast casseroles that are similar to quiches. Another thing I eat is congee, which is a savory rice porridge. It's a popular asian dish(that I grew up eating as breakfast on cold winter mornings) made with rice, chicken broth, cilantro, green onion, and chicken or crumbled bits of ground beef(optional).