Breaking Bread

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 23, 2015
How many times did Jesus break bread with sinners? Why is Jesus sitting with sinners or interacting with them? Jesus also feed the sinners many times, but feed them what?

Matthew 9

10 And as Jesus[b] reclined at table in the house, behold, many tax collectors and sinners came and were reclining with Jesus and his disciples.11 And when the Pharisees saw this, they said to his disciples, “Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?”

Luke 7:34
Holman Christian Standard Bible
The Son of Man has come eating and drinking, and you say, Look, a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners!'

Mark 2:13-17

15 While He was reclining at the table in Levi’s house, many tax collectors and sinners were also guests[a] with Jesus and His disciples, because there were many who were following Him. 16 When the scribes of the Pharisees[b] saw that He was eating with sinners and tax collectors, they asked His disciples, “Why does He eat[c] with tax collectors and sinners?”

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
How are you supposed to reach sinners if you dont sit and interact with them? I mean this is like the most basic way to plant a seed of someone finding Christ...

What did he feed them? Well probably food. I mean it clearly mentions bread and fish, but there was probably some beef, maybe some lamb. Im not to sure what the diest consisted of in that day.

A

Ariel82

Earthly food and manna from heaven through his life giving words.

Feb 7, 2015
How are you supposed to reach sinners if you dont sit and interact with them? I mean this is like the most basic way to plant a seed of someone finding Christ...

What did he feed them? Well probably food. I mean it clearly mentions bread and fish, but there was probably some beef, maybe some lamb. Im not to sure what the diest consisted of in that day.
Probably no BBQ Pork though, eh?

prove-all

May 16, 2014
How many times did Jesus break bread with sinners? Why is Jesus sitting with sinners or interacting with them?

Luke 5:32 (KJV)

I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

also breaking bread back then only refered to eating a meal,

Jun 23, 2015
Jesus feed them also the spiritual food of the Word of Holy Scriptures, the people were broken because the religious folks though the common man or man of the earth were unlearned, unclean, impure and unrighteousness. Jesus is about love from the heart. Great answers everyone! Be Bless with love, peace and joy!