Budget tips?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 18, 2021
Hello all , in a single father. I ship sales and use coupons, cook at home. Heck, I even put overnight booster pads in my toddler son's diaper. The boosters make his diaper extra absorbent. Any tips to save money?

Eli1

Apr 5, 2022
Hello all , in a single father. I ship sales and use coupons, cook at home. Heck, I even put overnight booster pads in my toddler son's diaper. The boosters make his diaper extra absorbent. Any tips to save money?
There are a couple of ways.
The first one is the one that God recommends. Be honest, be fair, stay away from sin as much as you can, avoid trolling and most importantly be grateful for what you have.

The other method is not recommended but it might get you a lot of money.
Troll hard, advertise yourself on social media platforms, become a sensation with your trolling like Donald Trump, or many talk show hosts and never be yourself for the rest of your life.
With the right opportunity this avenue can make you millions.

Tall_Timbers

Mar 31, 2023
Cheyenne WY
christiancommunityforum.com
Since I don't know what you're spending money on, here's a list of things you can cut out of your life, thereby saving money:

Booze
Cigarettes, cigars, chew
Wacky Weed
Pay for tv/streaming/etc.
Eliminate other entertainment expenses
Dine in
If you have any debts, get out of debt

With regards to overnight boosters, your son might be better served with more frequest dry diapers... I don't really know because I'm not familiar with the boosters.

Aug 18, 2021
Since I don't know what you're spending money on, here's a list of things you can cut out of your life, thereby saving money:

Booze
Cigarettes, cigars, chew
Wacky Weed
Pay for tv/streaming/etc.
Eliminate other entertainment expenses
Dine in
If you have any debts, get out of debt

With regards to overnight boosters, your son might be better served with more frequest dry diapers... I don't really know because I'm not familiar with the boosters.

Thank you for the advice. The boosters are an extra layer with one sticky side that adheres to the inside of the diaper.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Any tips to save money?
Without knowing your circumstances, giving you tips might not be practical. But you could grow your own vegetables (for example) and save quite a bit.

blueluna5

Jul 30, 2018
Yes, you need more money.... if you're doing all that and still broke then you're not making enough money.

I would try looking into things that multiply or accrue. Like if you plant a seed you end up with a tree that constantly gives fruit. Yes you may work for nothing or little at first. But this is the way I believe God tells us to live, "be fruitful and multiply" is more than just having babies... but it includes that of course.

In any case not sure how demanding your job is.... sounds demanding. But if there's time for a side business that's what I would suggest for the simple fact that what you have isn't working for you. So daytrade, stocks, selling products, dropshipping, creating videos, writing a book, doing side jobs freelance work, print on demand (saturated but little to no cost) , dropshipping, etc. Of course it's a tremendous amount of work upfront, but if you're already struggling you have nothing to lose.

I'm middle class and make probably similar to you, not sure. The difference between the poor/middle class verses the rich is we pay with our time. Rich people don't do that bc they have an understanding... and they are not all evil. 😆 which is a belief that I had for a long time.

We have a little side hustle. It doesn't give us much but some years we get 10,000 extra from it. It's a lot when it's needed. There are 12 year old millionaire's that have an online business. I don't believe they are smarter than me, but I have to assume they know something I don't. 😏

notmyown

May 26, 2016
There are a couple of ways.
The first one is the one that God recommends. Be honest, be fair, stay away from sin as much as you can, avoid trolling and most importantly be grateful for what you have.

The other method is not recommended but it might get you a lot of money.
Troll hard, advertise yourself on social media platforms, become a sensation with your trolling like Donald Trump, or many talk show hosts and never be yourself for the rest of your life.
With the right opportunity this avenue can make you millions.
this surprised me at first, because in general, you're the kindest of men.

now i get it. :cautious:

Billyd

May 8, 2014
How old are your children? Where do you get daycare? Where do you live? What skills do you have? ...

All of these play into how you can make ends meet.

My son is a full time care giver of his wife. Their income consists of his wife's disability and what he can make doing jobs close by his home. He has a welding shop in his garage, and mows and trims yards within 15 minutes of his house. He also does 3d modeling and drafting.

Where there's a will there's a way!

Take stock of what your skills are. Look for new ways ti employ them.

Finally! By all means. Get on a budget. Prioritize your wants and needs, then downsize until your income matches your expenses. Get your children involved in your family finances.

Genipher

Jan 6, 2019
Do you have any debt?

I've noticed food is our families biggest expense (to be fair, we DO have a lot of kids that eat like locusts. LOL...but we're only on my husband's income and have had a lot of tight financial times).
Can you change your menu to lower food costs? Bulk oatmeal instead of cereal for bfast (cereal is sooo expensive these days!). Soup night, Black beans and rice night. Bake your own treats, etc.

We've even gone to the extreme, in the past, of cutting internet and going to the library to use computers.

You can check with your electric Co and see if they have any special deals. We've done Equal Pay before, where they average out our bill so it's the same every month. Then we're not surprised in the winter with a larger bill.

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
I’m not sure if you live in the States. We are a 1 income home and have a 16 month old. Praise the Lord we have everything we need. We don’t eat out much, and we have free streaming services. I also joined on Facebook our local buy nothing group and was able to get a few things we needed for free.