buhay ofw

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

Lydz

So sad to be away from home, especially when you're brought into a country with only limited actions and a lot of patience,understanding and kindness are needed.Being a Christians helps a lot but the more you believe the more temptations and trials comes into your life.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Hey Lydz,

What country are you in?

If you let us know of your specific needs, we can be praying for you.

Most of the Filipinas on this forum board are very mature Christians; I'm sure they'd all be very understanding of your situation and be very happy to talk to you about anything you're dealing with.

God Bless,
Max

L

Lydz

Hello po I'm here i KUWAIT working as a Carer ,been here for 8 months and as days comes by am feeling unhappy with my job and its unfair with my madam coz she is really dependent..I don't know if I'm lacking faith or because of my environment or feeling homesickness

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Lydz,

It's perfectly normal to feel homesick, and miss your friends and family, and your country. It's also normal to have cultural problems in another country... that is to simply feel like the people are strange, or don't understand you. All of these things are natural ways to feel sometimes.

Also, not every human being in the world is very good at being a boss. It's possible to have an employer that isn't very understanding. Of course even a good boss will make mistakes, and might not be a good boss all the time.

I'm guessing you probably have a 2 year contract?
If you're under contract, you need to do your best to fulfill your contract, and do good work, and pray that God will help you, and give you peace. You also need to just keep praying that your employer will be more kind and understanding.

Sometimes God teaches us the most, as Christians, when we're going through difficult times.

There's a passage in the New Testament that gives us some advice about employment. It says we should do our job as if our employer is actually Christ, because Christ allows us to have the job we have, and we should work as if we're trying to please Him. We may be able to take a different job, or get a new employer eventually, but while we're under the current employer, we're to work diligently as if we're working for Christ, because he allowed us to have the job. Also, doing our job well is how we show unbelievers the love of Christ... it is how we show our Christianity to them.

Here is the passage about employment:

Colossians 3:22-24
"22 Servants, obey in all things your masters according to the flesh; not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but in singleness of heart, fearing God: 23 And whatsoever ye do , do it heartily , as to the Lord, and not unto men; 24 Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ."

The point of this passage is that even if our employer is not a nice person, GOD will still reward us, in His own ways, for doing right. And it is "right" to do a good job for our employer. Christ will reward us for faithful service to our employer even if our employer doesn't seem to care.

I know that sometimes people are not fair, or kind, but we should still always do what is right.
We should always do our best, and pray for God to help us with everything that is difficult.

I'll be praying that God will give you peace, and comfort, in this difficult time.

God Bless
Max

Last edited:

jangel

May 12, 2010
Hi Lydz kumusta? Hindi ba ang Kuwait is an open country? pero cguro mahirap talaga pag muslim country, pero tiis tiis lang makakapag-ipon ka rin. Magskype ka nalang lagi sa family mo or viber, u have many options para connected ka parin sa kanila kahit malayo ka and pagbored masyado tambay ka nalang dito sa CC or sa chatrooms.

True, the more you believe mas mahirap pa, but isn't it God said to follow Him it would be a difficult road? Let's just keep our faith lahat tayo may struggles. ;)

L

Lydz

@maxwell thsnk you very mush for the enlightenment and beautiful words of encouragement

L

Lydz

@jangel..yap country pero madami pa ding bawal and iba talaga ang kultura yap buto na nga lang at may mabilis na way of komunikasyon para di mas lalo ma homesick..salamat kabayan

P

Psalm23

@Lydz, And hirap niyan Sis. Ako mag-na-9mos na d2 sa Hong Kong pero parang kahapon lang ako dumating d2. Madalas lalo pag maxadong pagod, natutulala na lang at kusang tumutulo ang luha. Buti na lang mabait and Lord pag nagkakaganun ba ako, nagreremind Siya ng mga Scriptures then I'm back on my senses. hehe. First time lumayo eh. Ngayon ko lang naiindintihan ang ibig sabihin ng homesick :D