Bush 43 breaks silence on Obama, criticizes current Mideast and ISIS policies

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
V

Viligant_Warrior

Bush unloads on Obama’s Iran diplomacy, anti-ISIS efforts

Former President George W. Bush reportedly delivered a broadside against his successor's foreign policies in a closed-door meeting over the weekend, ripping the pending Iran nuclear deal in what may be his most direct criticism to date -- as Washington and Tehran resume talks.

Secretary of State John Kerry is meeting Monday with his Iranian counterpart Mohammad Javad Zarif in New York. The U.S. and five world powers are trying to finalize a nuclear deal with Iran by the end of June.

But Bush, according to a report in Bloomberg View, warned that the deal would be bad for U.S. national security. The former president, who rarely criticizes or even comments on the Obama administration in public, was speaking at a closed-door meeting of the Republican Jewish Coalition on Saturday in Las Vegas.
Bush called the Iran "deal" short-sighted and one-sides, while categorizing Obama's anti-ISIS efforts as having put the U.S. "in full retreat" in the Mideast.

I know President Bush is of the opinion that "if you can't say anything good, don't say anything at all," but I'm glad he finally decided to speak out about the miserable failure of a foreign policy Obama is foisting off on the world. OK, now, wait for it ...

Hear that in the distance? It's the "blame Bush" crowd stampeding to this thread to say how awful, terrible, and egregious President Bush's decisions on the Mideast were. Got news for those of you in the stampede: We were far better off with President Bush leading the country. Obama has turned us into a second-class nation, and there is no way to recuperate.

S

Sirk

I think Obama did what he came to do. To destabilize the United states internally and to render it inconsequential nationally. It'll be interesting to see where it goes from here and the world upending crisis that lies ahead....and the worldly solution that will follow.

Dec 12, 2013
Yeah I am glad too......No matter how blindly one slices and dices the facts O is bringing the nation down bit and piece meal.....The U.S. just like all empires is crumbling and will fall just as they all have.....God is clear...when the base rule all will pay......we see the seeds of civil unrest (flamed) by Obama, we see the respect afforded the country going down the tubes, we see the military being gutted, we see immorality, sexual perversion and the right to murder babies in the womb on the rise, we see biblical Christianity being yanked out of everything and legislated against while those opposing Christianity are gaining rights and ground etc......This nation is not long for the ash pile and the pages of history which will accurately describe is demise and destruction.....instaed of one of the greatest presidents in history he will go down as the stooge that ruined the nation and led her to her own demise!

Dec 1, 2014
I will have to agree whole-heartedly with you on this one for sure!!!! There is nothing I can add or say..you have summed it up so completely, no nicely that this needs to be aired. Oh, by the way, did you hear the comment that Obama used over this past weekend when he used "BUCKET" as a metaphor for a vulgarity? Instead of bringing shame upon himself (which he deserves), it brought laughs and applause. When a person who is in the spotlight gets attention for something like this, our nation is really in trouble.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Bush has the historical benefit of being a mediocre President right before a terrible one. I'm great apologist of his, but at least the "Bush Doctrine" had a rhyme and reason to it.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
*I'm no great apologist of his...

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Bush called the Iran "deal" short-sighted and one-sides, while categorizing Obama's anti-ISIS efforts as having put the U.S. "in full retreat" in the Mideast.

I know President Bush is of the opinion that "if you can't say anything good, don't say anything at all," but I'm glad he finally decided to speak out about the miserable failure of a foreign policy Obama is foisting off on the world. OK, now, wait for it ...

Hear that in the distance? It's the "blame Bush" crowd stampeding to this thread to say how awful, terrible, and egregious President Bush's decisions on the Mideast were. Got news for those of you in the stampede: We were far better off with President Bush leading the country. Obama has turned us into a second-class nation, and there is no way to recuperate.
I'm no fan of our current president, but it might be naive to think Bush is speaking out for any reason other than political expediency.

We're entering an election cycle, and at just the right moment, as precisely timed and requested by the political analysts in the Republican committee, he delivers whatever message is requested of him, in order to undermine the standing president and strengthen everyone in opposition.

Maybe it isn't necessary to give Bush a pat on the back for his sudden courage when all he's doing is making the same kinds of statements all politicians make when requested by their party.

Sorry, but politicians all make me throw up a little in my mouth.
: )

D

didymos

Bush called the Iran "deal" short-sighted and one-sides, while categorizing Obama's anti-ISIS efforts as having put the U.S. "in full retreat" in the Mideast.... We were far better off with President Bush leading the country. Obama has turned us into a second-class nation, and there is no way to recuperate.
George W. started this mess in the first place, Obama has to clean it up.

S

Sirk

George W. started this mess in the first place, Obama has to clean it up.
if by cleaning it up you mean laying the groundwork to bring death and destruction on an even larger scale.

D

didymos

if by cleaning it up you mean laying the groundwork to bring death and destruction on an even larger scale.
No, evidently that's what you think he's doing

S

Sirk

No, evidently that's what you think he's doing
Truth be told...I have no idea what he is doing. Not too sure he does either. Maybe you have some inside info you could share?

Jan 19, 2013

Yeah, I'll always love Dub'ya. . .not just because I am a Texan, until recently. . .he's born again and does it show!. . .I think it probably caused him some domestic problems in the last couple of years in the White House. . .because he is so transformed he just couldn't hide it or pretend otherwise. . .God love 'im!. . . 'cause I sure do. . .and I do miss him. . .

Last edited: