Call for Help to the Lord, You will be saved

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Does anyone believe there is a possibility of souls being lost that could have been saved? My mind, heart and soul was settled on this frightful thought many decades ago when I first read the quoted verses below from the prophet Joel. At that time, 1969, I knew no Hebrew, however the Holy Spirit was guiding me, and I believe I knew what the verse was saying even then.

The name of the Lord here being used in the original Hebrew is Yahweh, which means "One Who Is." When I prayed, locking myself in a room and was decided not to eat until I received some kind of answer from Whoever God is, I shook my fist to the heavens crying, "You are Who You are." With no further elaboration, He answered me that night, incredible as it may seem. With this in mind, and the quote from Joel below, imagine the great tribulation and many who just do not know Who God is, then imagine them in their distress calling out to Whoever is in charge of all that is for HELP. Who do you think will be answering them? Of course this will not include any who have chosen evil. Salvation is a choice, even for those who do not yet know our Lord, Jesus..

....What a God is our God, praise Him for all glory is His, now and forever, in Yeshua, amen.

Joe 2:32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.
והיה כל אשׁר־יקרא בשׁם יהוה ימלט כי בהר־ציון ובירושׁלם תהיה פליטה כאשׁר אמר יהוה ובשׂרידים אשׁר יהוה קרא׃

Sep 8, 2012
Yes I do.
Or else Jesus would not have sent the seventy, or His disciples.
I do think we need to spread the gospel.
Think of how many that are saved by prayers. The prayers of a family member.
How can they pray unless they know who to pray to?
We need to be constant in season and out of season.... ready to share the hope that is within us.
"Let your light so shine before men, that they see your good works and glorify Him." - Matt5:16.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Yes I do.
Or else Jesus would not have sent the seventy, or His disciples.
I do think we need to spread the gospel.
Think of how many that are saved by prayers. The prayers of a family member.
How can they pray unless they know who to pray to?
We need to be constant in season and out of season.... ready to share the hope that is within us.
"Let your light so shine before men, that they see your good works and glorify Him." - Matt5:16.
The time indicated is what has been called the great tribulation, not from the Cross until and including now, so with this in mind, of course I agree with you on this.

D

Disdame45

I'm not sure if I am understanding what you are trying to convey JaumeJ, but would like to share what came to my mind as I read your post. I had thought I was a "Christian" for most of my life... did all the things good Christians are supposed to do; church, choir, Sunday School, Chrisitan College, etc. I even said the 'sinner's prayer' a few times and got baptized around the age of 12 or 13. The years passed and at some point down the road of my life, I got so extremely depressed that I wanted to commit suicide. This was after I had encountered my first and only real brush with death. My mind was in some dark places and one day, in my kitchen standing with a knife, tears streaming down my face, I cried out, "Lord, help me!" Something changed in me at that moment. I had hungered for the word more than I had ever done in my entire life. I began really seeking Him in the one place I knew He could be found and in which I had been largely ignoring most of my life.
I began to realize that I had relied too heavily on allowing other people to feed me instead of getting my food and drink directly from the source. I was getting 'watered down' versions of the living water, which turned out to be the path of destruction. Bit by bit, as I moved away from man and sought His Kingdom through His Word, prayer and meditation, I was being led by His Spirit of truth from the errors of the world's ways. It has been a long journey and I have learned a lot over the last fourteen years. Last year, I happened across a youtube video that was talking about the name of God being Yahuah/YHWH - as in 'I am that I am' - Hayah Asher Hayah, and that the name of Jesus in Hebrew is really more in line with the name Joshua, Yahushua, which means 'Yahuah is salvation'. The video had much to say about how the scribes of the Masorite texts had replaced the name of YHWH with the words the LORD. After seeing that video, my mind recalled various scriptures where calling on His name was important. Seeing how we have inherited all sorts of lies from Babylon, I really have to wonder if this was yet another clever device of Satan's to keep people from actually calling on His actual name. But I am sad to say that I am still up in the air about this, whether it is true or not, mainly because I have searched many different websites regarding these names and find a wide variety of spellings of the names. According to various groups of people, YHWH could be Yahuwah, Yahuah, Yahvah, Yahweh, Jehovah, etc. And the name of the Messiah also has many variants, such as Yahushua, Yahshua, Yeshua, etc. I certainly would love to use His actual name, but I am still unclear as to which one it might be. I would be very much interested to hear anyone's thoughts about their research or conclusions based on the names.
Thanks

PS - My point from the first two paragraphs was merely that even though I had thought I had 'called on Him' when I was younger by saying the sinner's prayer, etc., it didn't really change me, this I knew deep down, hence the reason why I was wondering about my state of salvation had I died during that brush with death. I knew I hadn't lived right up to that point. I knew that I didn't really know my Savior, but had merely been offering up vain lip service. But, when I stood before Him, with a totally broken and contrite heart, ready to end my life, He began to dwell in Me and I in Him. It was the turning point, and it wasn't until 13 years later that I had learned that there might be a different name than just merely 'God' or 'Lord'... I'm hoping that I'm not being too confusing with all of this!

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
I'm not sure if I am understanding what you are trying to convey JaumeJ, but would like to share what came to my mind as I read your post. I had thought I was a "Christian" for most of my life... did all the things good Christians are supposed to do; church, choir, Sunday School, Chrisitan College, etc. I even said the 'sinner's prayer' a few times and got baptized around the age of 12 or 13. The years passed and at some point down the road of my life, I got so extremely depressed that I wanted to commit suicide. This was after I had encountered my first and only real brush with death. My mind was in some dark places and one day, in my kitchen standing with a knife, tears streaming down my face, I cried out, "Lord, help me!" Something changed in me at that moment. I had hungered for the word more than I had ever done in my entire life. I began really seeking Him in the one place I knew He could be found and in which I had been largely ignoring most of my life.
I began to realize that I had relied too heavily on allowing other people to feed me instead of getting my food and drink directly from the source. I was getting 'watered down' versions of the living water, which turned out to be the path of destruction. Bit by bit, as I moved away from man and sought His Kingdom through His Word, prayer and meditation, I was being led by His Spirit of truth from the errors of the world's ways. It has been a long journey and I have learned a lot over the last fourteen years. Last year, I happened across a youtube video that was talking about the name of God being Yahuah/YHWH - as in 'I am that I am' - Hayah Asher Hayah, and that the name of Jesus in Hebrew is really more in line with the name Joshua, Yahushua, which means 'Yahuah is salvation'. The video had much to say about how the scribes of the Masorite texts had replaced the name of YHWH with the words the LORD. After seeing that video, my mind recalled various scriptures where calling on His name was important. Seeing how we have inherited all sorts of lies from Babylon, I really have to wonder if this was yet another clever device of Satan's to keep people from actually calling on His actual name. But I am sad to say that I am still up in the air about this, whether it is true or not, mainly because I have searched many different websites regarding these names and find a wide variety of spellings of the names. According to various groups of people, YHWH could be Yahuwah, Yahuah, Yahvah, Yahweh, Jehovah, etc. And the name of the Messiah also has many variants, such as Yahushua, Yahshua, Yeshua, etc. I certainly would love to use His actual name, but I am still unclear as to which one it might be. I would be very much interested to hear anyone's thoughts about their research or conclusions based on the names.
Thanks

PS - My point from the first two paragraphs was merely that even though I had thought I had 'called on Him' when I was younger by saying the sinner's prayer, etc., it didn't really change me, this I knew deep down, hence the reason why I was wondering about my state of salvation had I died during that brush with death. I knew I hadn't lived right up to that point. I knew that I didn't really know my Savior, but had merely been offering up vain lip service. But, when I stood before Him, with a totally broken and contrite heart, ready to end my life, He began to dwell in Me and I in Him. It was the turning point, and it wasn't until 13 years later that I had learned that there might be a different name than just merely 'God' or 'Lord'... I'm hoping that I'm not being too confusing with all of this!
You experienced the very same as I. Growing up, my family moved between 20 and 30 times beginning with a tent in Modesto, California. I am the youngest of five, and my youngest sister and I would go (were sent) to Bible school when I as not yet in elementary school. At this point the seven of us lived in a trailer, 1940's, so I imagine getting the two youngest off to Bible School helped my Mom. From that trailer the rest of the moves insued, and my sister and I would go to the nearest church with a cross on it from each new residence unaware that each was a different denomination and not really caring as long as we heard of the love of Jesus. At about the age of 11 or 12, I realized the churches were many denominations, Nazarene, Baptist, Methodist, Four Square, and more. Hearing the folks quibble over silly points of dogma and ignoring the love of Jesus began to annoy me. I stopped going to any church, but kept my theology to "Jesus Loves Me This I Know," from my Bible School days. I was also upset to hear peaching against various people from the pulpits and not the Word with Love, and I believe you would have been also.
From there I always kept a like for Jesus, but I really did not know Him as we do now. One day, my heart was broken, as your experience, and I called on God for help. He answered me by filling me with His Holy Spirit, though I had never really learned about it.
The first person I encountered after this infilling was a Jewish friend, and he asked me, "Jack, what happened to you?" All I could say is, "God's Spirit came into me, your God, Yahweh." I had known Jews called God Yahweh.
It was not until October of last year that I actually began to study Hebrew in earnest, and since I have read the Torah (Books of Moses) and I am just finishing reading Chronicles II. It is not necessary to know any certain language, but language has always been of special interest to me, so I continue in them..
The problem with varied versions of the names is really no problem at all. They are more accents than anything else. All of them mean the same as far as my learning has taken me. I call Jesus Yeshua, but knowing the group of words making up His name, and I call the Father Yahweh, but I see all the versions in my Hebrew readings. Your interpretation of what they mean is as close as anyone else's.
It is perfectly alright to call Yeshua Jesus and Yahweh God, but I do have a tendency to favor the original names with their interpretations in mind when saying them. It gives me a feeling of privilege, imagined I suppose, but also it makes me feel I am pleasing Them. So I hope something here has helped in your quest to be a better servant of Yeshua. Yahweh bless you and hold you close forever, amen..... Thank you for bothering to post...

D

Disdame45

JaumeJ,

Your words have been an encouragement and a blessing. Thank you.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
JaumeJ,

Your words have been an encouragement and a blessing. Thank you.

Thanks for your posts. I am answering to see if this subscription will reset. I deleted everything by mistake. Forgive the bother.