Campus Crusade for Christ (CRU)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JFSurvivor

Jan 20, 2015
Hey there, I am so sorry that you had such a horrible experience with the CRU. I too have had my fair share of bad experiences with Christian based groups. I have social anxiety and its very difficult for me to open up to people and fit in. If you cannot find any churches you like, then maybe you can find a bible study in the area? I have had better luck with bible study groups because they are small and the people are all there to learn about the word of God. Best of luck to you. Again, I am so sorry about your experience. Please pray that God brings you to some good Christian people. Let Him guide you. :)
I will. Thank you. :)

Feb 7, 2015
But i just wanted to go to them for the spiritual side of things but in doing that I needed them to respect my emotional needs so I wouldn't be triggered. I can't learn if I am constantly being triggered all the time. Also it would be innapropriate to go to a counselor for Bible questions. Do you see my issue? It's like if I had anaphalactic shock and needed an epi-pen but people didn't respect that and told me I didn't need that and that all I needed was Jesus. Make sense?
Sounds a bit like you might be afflicted by the same symptoms many of the clients in our Behavioral Modification classes suffer from.... "Billy Goat Syndrome." (But, but, but.....)

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
Part of it depends on how 'serious' your emotional needs needs and what triggers you. If it is a long list or something hard to avoid then realize most large groups arent going to restructure to accomodate that.

D

dalconn

It amazes me how we want and seek the things of God but refuse to follow His instruction manual to get them. God does not save us only to cast us out to the wolves. Use wisdom and practice humility by getting into a fellowship so that you can be blessed as well as being a blessing to others.

I love you as my sister but please shake off the fog and jump in this with both feet (praying for you)