Can Christians learn dancing?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

JustAnotherUser

I don't see why not.

A

atwhatcost

I'm really planning to learn salsa this Nov onward...
If you get it, (I took six weeks to learn how to do the Rock, which is just a stay-in-place shuffle lol), take a video and post on here. I love watching people salsa! It's such a fluidity of movement/two-part harmony!

O

oldthennew

does anyone out there KNOW what the MASH-POTATOS IS????
how about the WATUSEE????
:rolleyes::cool:

A

atwhatcost

does anyone out there KNOW what the MASH-POTATOS IS????
how about the WATUSEE????
:rolleyes::cool:
I can do the mash potato (and do the twist), but missed Watusee all together. (I can also do the monkey, the swim, the Batman, the hitchhiker, and the chicken dance. lol)

jb

Feb 27, 2010
Over the years, many people tell me that Christians should not learn dancing (e.g. ballroom dance, salsa, etc.) as it is un-Christian. Married people who learn dancing will fall in love with their dance partner and cause them to take the step to divorce. Single people who learn dancing fall in love with their dance partner bringing them closer to non-Christians and walk out of the faith. In addition to that, these people also added on that dancing is a sexual act.

What do you think? My social circle is getting very small and I love to dance. I would very much be interested to learn salsa. Should I or should I not?
I do West Coast Swing and also East Coast...

Go and learn Salsa, I think it's a lovely dance style...

J

JustViv

Hi all,

I could not wait to start dancing! I've contacted my ex-colleague who does salsa and now, I'm waiting for her to get back to me to see if I could join in the salsa trial class this Wednesday evening! I'm so looking forward to it.

I'm also thinking about taking up latin ballroom dancing and eventually learn Spanish too....

Dec 9, 2011
Over the years, many people tell me that Christians should not learn dancing (e.g. ballroom dance, salsa, etc.) as it is un-Christian. Married people who learn dancing will fall in love with their dance partner and cause them to take the step to divorce. Single people who learn dancing fall in love with their dance partner bringing them closer to non-Christians and walk out of the faith. In addition to that, these people also added on that dancing is a sexual act.

What do you think? My social circle is getting very small and I love to dance. I would very much be interested to learn salsa. Should I or should I not?
The body expresses what is going on inside.

David danced and his body expressed what he was feeling inside.

IMO if the inside is right then the outside will harmonize in truth effortlessly but if someone is lusting then if you are in truth you should tell them the truth and if you don't then you are not in GODly truth but something worldly.

Feb 1, 2015
Reverend Billy Sunday says: NO.The Bible says: Can you take fire into your bosom and not be burned?PT says, Yes if it is Square Dancing. lol hehe

Feb 1, 2015
One of my old Junior High teacher would say, You can, but you may not. lol

M

MrOhAllRight

You were given a body with many abilities by God. If you can teach non christians how to not dance feel free to boogie ;) :)