CAN SOMEBODY GIVE ME A CLUE?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

jerusalem

i have seen christian facebook. is anyone here on it? is it any good? does anyone recommend it? i am trying to expand online somewhat but i need to be careful since i don't really know what i'm doing.does anyone have any other ideas or suggestions. i like chat and forums but i don't want it to be my only outsource /resource. any feedback here would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
just add people from here to normal facebook? there isnt anything inherently unchristian about facebook in the first place.

J

jerusalem

thanks nautillus. i wish there were smiley faces to put up here.

P

prodigaldaughter

I have not considered the fact that there is a christian facebook. I guess you are talking about using social networks to expand your reach to other Christians. It depends on what you want to do if you want to write and receive feedback and do some chatting and even receive and send messages Christian Chat does that however because you had me thinking about such a thing I did a search ( I am contented with this). I came across this article The Top Ten Christian Social Networking Sites to Visit - Yahoo! Voices - voices.yahoo.com you can check it out. I have not heard of any of these places.

Yes you need to be very careful even if it is a Christian social networking site because not every one may be like minded. There are many dangers out there in putting it all out. However if you want to expand and reach people you can start with this and maybe try others. I can tell you what I have tried.

Facebook - used this got bored of it and I cancelled my account.

Twitter - I use this to get update on feeds of other sites in general.

Linkedin - This is more for professional networking as oppose social networking.

Tagit, Hi5, Myspace seemed boring to me and too much creepy people. If you are a traveler there is one for that but cant seem to remember the name right now.

You have to be even double careful because social networking also mean connecting with people who may be a bad influence. I even found one for those who like to sing but cant remember that name either music in general of different genres and not all are free.

Social networking has expanded to cater for different needs. Thus making it easier for like minded interests or focus.

If you are a writer and do art work etc you can take out a word press account and connect it with a twitter account to promote your articles/photos of inspiration. Oh yeah forgot there is also one for sharing of slide shows. See many social networking sites.

See? So identify what your specific needs are and who your target market is before signing up. Also don't use your current email addy instead take out one to use just in case you are targeted for spam.