Can someone...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
...cast a demon from themselves?

Oct 6, 2012
Ricky. Some of your recent posts surround around self centeredness. About self healing self without the need to get anyone else involved.
The answer to all of them are the same: NO!
The only Spiritual "power" we hold is that given from God to help others, but ultimately it is given to glorify the name of the Father.
I think if a person needs exorcism, it must be an external force that does it; either Christ or His Spirit within another believer.
It can happen through your prayer, yes, but that wouldn't be you casting it out, but rather a Christ answered prayer that did it.

K

kenisyes

Yes. I have done it. James 4:7.

J

J-Kay

RickyZ;[COLOR=#2f4f4f said:
1066560]...cast a demon from themselves?

[/COLOR]I would not advise it. I have been taught Christians are NOT possessed but Oppressed.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
Kenisyes. Isn't that scripture in reference to a person overcoming temptation and not demonic possession?
It's actually about repelling an attack, but not about loosening a demon that's already bound them. For someone honestly possessed to be freed requires the third party intercessor. That would be you and me for someone else.

And yes Kay, those with the Spirit indwelling them cannot be possessed, but I've seen the oppression of some of them being as binding as possession. And more damning.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
Ricky. Some of your recent posts surround around self centeredness. About self healing self without the need to get anyone else involved.
The answer to all of them are the same: NO!
The only Spiritual "power" we hold is that given from God to help others, but ultimately it is given to glorify the name of the Father.
I think if a person needs exorcism, it must be an external force that does it; either Christ or His Spirit within another believer.
It can happen through your prayer, yes, but that wouldn't be you casting it out, but rather a Christ answered prayer that did it.
You are right about the subject of self centered healing, but I'm coming at it from the other side; that no you cannot do these things for yourself, it requires someone else to act as an intercessor. Which we should all keep in mind, that we be mindful and sensitive to those who need an intercessor.

And which again brings up the secondary question, can satan afflict someone by isolating them from any potential intercessors?

K

kenisyes

Kenisyes. Isn't that scripture in reference to a person overcoming temptation and not demonic possession?
The OP does not specify possessed. It is doubtful a possessed person would be able to think of casting out the demon.

The demon is there because Satan sends him there. Resisting the devil is expressed by the act of casting out. When the devil flees, the demon loses his headship to be there. Thus the Scripture applies to this situation as well.

K

kenisyes

And which again brings up the secondary question, can satan afflict someone by isolating them from any potential intercessors?
I've known very few cases where he does not try to do this. People run from intercessors all the time, for this very reason. God is stronger, of course, and it is sometimes entertaining to watch the social interaction unfold, as God inspires the intercessors to create situations where they can move around/through Satan's defenses.

May 17, 2013
IT depends how you view demons. Are they exterior influences that somehow 'control' you against your own will from an outside source? Like a radio remote controlling a television?

Or are they your own set of urges (which are unique to each person), of which you have total control over?

The former is a fearful view and one in which the mind of the person in question is already programmed to 'loose control' of itself. The latter is a view of responsibility and control.

Once you realize that exterior influence only has as much power over you as your own inner thought process allows it, then you realize that you are not a product of someone else's actions, and your reactions to things are in fact totally within your own control.

Hence Jesus telling us to 'renew out minds' in his teachings. It is all about practice and cultivation of self-control and compassion, not only for others, but in fact for yourself. Jesus points out that nobody dwelling in his teaching would harm and destroy their own bodies. Self respect and being as gentle on your own mind as you would with others, is an important trait.

You can only truly be as loving to others as you can be as gentle to yourself. I'll explain more in a minute. Breakfast.

Last edited:
May 15, 2013
...cast a demon from themselves?
If a demon is in you and if you don't want it to be in you, all you have to do is rebuke it everytime it tries to give you some advice, and it will start to see that it can't grasp hold of you; but then it will leave you and might enter someone that is closer to you; like Judas was closer to Jesus.

[h=3]James 4:7[/h]New International Version (NIV)

7 Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

And to rebuke is to correct them by the way it suppose to be done. I have seen a lot of people going around just saying the word rebuke but doesn't understand the meaning. That how satan win by keeping knowledge from us. this verse tell you what is to rebuke...

Matthew 4:10

Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.’”

And after satan couldn't controlled Jesus, he went to the ones that were closer to Him.

May 17, 2013
If you put yourself down and chastise yourself without giving yourself any compassion, you invite a negative way of thinking to yourself. You tally up against your flaws and your inner 'demons' and learn to almost condemn yourself in guilt for them, and that creates a spiral effect where the pressure to change and the guilt of 'being' in that state almost immobilizes you (it's not true for everyone, but it's what I've found). Now think, would you have that same outlook to others? and what good does it bring?

Where if you learn how to accept yourself as you are, then you can change for a reason better than guilt; you can change positively because you know that being different in some ways can benefit you and others. And you can learn to understand, that everyone has certain demons.

It's a process almost of 'letting go'. That phrase 'away from me' says it all. it's like 'I'm free of this'. You 'give up' your tendencies when you view them as a restriction rather than something to 'fight against'. They aren't really (for me) an exterior force that must be fought as such, but rather an internal pair of handcuffs, restraining you from being what you can be.

Let the shackles fall off, so to speak.