Can Unconfessed Sins put you in hell?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

ali_

I have spent hours on end researching whether I will go to hell or not if I commit suicide, I understand suicide is a sin and there are many different views on the 'outcome' some say the direct translation of "Thou shall not murder" is "Do not kill without cause" suicide, would definitely have a cause, I recently have been having a tough time and I know I won't be able to handle staying here, I no longer want to live but by killing myself I'm rejecting God's plan for my life, suicide can not be confessed, because 1 second after death, you will know your fate and won't be able to change it. But I believe everyone dies with unconfessed sins, big or small. Lust, greed, envy , anger, these are emotions and traits we all potray everyday without even noticing, death is unpredictable and in the Bible it says we are forgiven of all sin, future past and present as long as we accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and savior, well I accept him, I believe in my heart that Jesus died on the cross for our sins and that he shed his blood so that we could be saved, people say suicide is a question of faith, people who commit suicide aren't faithfull that the Lord can fix them in the first place, but I do truly believe God can help me , and is powerful enough to pull me out of this depression, however I don't really feel I want help anymore, I feel my purpose in life is to tell as many people as I can about Jesus and guide them to faith, once I've done that I'll feel I have no purpose. I understand suicide affects many people and brings depression onto those who lose loved ones, but I feel i may be able to decrease that , before I go. So if I kill myself, knowing it is a sin, and not being able to ask for forgiveness, will I still be saved? Considering I accept Jesus as my Lord and savior?.

B

biscuit

I have spent hours on end researching whether I will go to hell or not if I commit suicide, I understand suicide is a sin and there are many different views on the 'outcome' some say the direct translation of "Thou shall not murder" is "Do not kill without cause" suicide, would definitely have a cause, I recently have been having a tough time and I know I won't be able to handle staying here, I no longer want to live but by killing myself I'm rejecting God's plan for my life, suicide can not be confessed, because 1 second after death, you will know your fate and won't be able to change it. But I believe everyone dies with unconfessed sins, big or small. Lust, greed, envy , anger, these are emotions and traits we all potray everyday without even noticing, death is unpredictable and in the Bible it says we are forgiven of all sin, future past and present as long as we accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and savior, well I accept him, I believe in my heart that Jesus died on the cross for our sins and that he shed his blood so that we could be saved, people say suicide is a question of faith, people who commit suicide aren't faithfull that the Lord can fix them in the first place, but I do truly believe God can help me , and is powerful enough to pull me out of this depression, however I don't really feel I want help anymore, I feel my purpose in life is to tell as many people as I can about Jesus and guide them to faith, once I've done that I'll feel I have no purpose. I understand suicide affects many people and brings depression onto those who lose loved ones, but I feel i may be able to decrease that , before I go. So if I kill myself, knowing it is a sin, and not being able to ask for forgiveness, will I still be saved? Considering I accept Jesus as my Lord and savior?.
Hi Ali,

You are not going through anything differently than the average 13 year old because I felt similar to you at 13. I took up sports and it changed my life perspective.

You need to get saved and invite Jesus into your life, and receive the Holy Spirit who will guide you through your tough time. I am very jealous of you at the age of 60 because you can receive Jesus and the Holy Spirit at 13. I didn't receive them until I was 51!!

Find a good church and a pastor to tell him you want to be saved and receive the Holy Spirit. Another good way is to read the NT bible every day and you will be surprise to hear Jesus & the Holy Spirit talking to you as you are turning the pages, guiding you through your tough times. You are so close to eternal life and you don't even know it. I had to answer your thread/post even though it is 6:00 am in the morning. You got a lot more going on than you are giving yourself credit for.

Get saved & receive the Holy Ghost and you are on your way.:)

W

wwjd_kilden

I understand your feelings, but please know that you can get help to get to the point where you want help.

And:
I feel my purpose in life is to tell as many people as I can about Jesus and guide them to faith, once I've done that I'll feel I have no purpose.

Isn't that a very good purpose?
I think I can say for certain you will never run out of people to witness to!