Can virtue be taught?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
To me virtue is- following the government as far as we morally and Biblically can,
And that would not be very far under current circumstances! The governments of the world now encourage criminals to rampage all over the country, but arrest law-abiding citizens who question their evil policies. Anyhow Welcome, Lilygurl, and see how the Bible defines virtue (which is moral excellence or moral goodness).

lilygurl

Mar 9, 2022
And that would not be very far under current circumstances! The governments of the world now encourage criminals to rampage all over the country, but arrest law-abiding citizens who question their evil policies. Anyhow Welcome, Lilygurl, and see how the Bible defines virtue (which is moral excellence or moral goodness).
Yes I agree- but to some extent. I believe that may in the police force and other's may not be blameless, but many of them have died protecting us. I also believe that there are a good many people working to uphold the civil safety. I do not like the fact that in court, it seems that the mindset has slowly become "guilty until proven innocent" but I also believe that the people we have put away have been deserving of it and were put there by the law and its upholders. Is that along the lines of what you were saying? I'm really just curious, I don't get the chance to speak in political standpoints hardly ever so it's nice to be able to discuss this-