Can we ask for too much?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

jsr1221

Jul 7, 2013
So I recently graduated college but had been having trouble finding a job until earlier this week. Only thing is it's a part-time job and by the time student loan payments come I'll be making just enough to pay them. I spent all the money I had saved while in school since coming home in May on payments and groceries so I'm essentially starting over. I know things could always be worse but as someone going into his mid 20s, I don't want to stay at home and just content with a part-time job for a long time. I want to save and move out and start my own life. I've been feeling paying all that money to get a B.S. in psychology has been a waste because right now I don't have anything to show for it. I am grateful I finally found something and I know we're supposed to be grateful with whatever it is God gives us, but is it wrong for wanting more than just a 12 hour a week, minimum wage paying job?

Rapunzel

Mar 16, 2014
Why would that be asking for too much? God's plan for us isn't to just get by and barely have enough. He wants us to prosper and have enough to bless others. So no, you are not asking too much. You are also not alone. When I graduated with my bachelors I couldn't find a job either. I applied to everything and couldn't even get a part time job for a good 6 months. I was asking God why I couldn't find a job. I felt like I was being blacklisted. However, looking back several years later I can see that God was lining everything up perfectly for me. God was pushing me into a career that at the time I had absolutely no desire to do, but I love it now! If God had not prevented me from going into a career that I thought I wanted, I never would have found the calling that God has placed on my life. Also, God used my education that I felt was pointless because it wasn't in my career field. He never allows you to go through stuff for no reason. You just need to pray, ask God the way you should go and wait on him. One of my favorite verses is Psalms 32:8 "I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you," says the Lord.

M

MrsClementMelton1122

Never! Whatever you want from God ask...That doesn't mean you will have it instantly. God may have a different plan for your life. I had many dreams for my life. It was my goal to become a goal medalist in the Olympics and receive a nike endorsement. God had a different plan for my life. Now, I prophesy to people and want to build a ministry that pleases God. Ask, God for everything you want but be thankful for whatever he gives you.