Can you help me help my sister?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
if your sister thinks shes lost someone maybe shes taking it all to heart but God really knows whos lost and who is found. He sees things she may not and He knows whos repented or not.

God is just, He knows whats in our hearts. Shes really only seeing it from her limited pov...I dont know why people think they are fit to judge God. its like who died and made YOU God? Job tried to do that and God just told Job He made the entire universe ...what had Job done...exactly?

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
Basically anything I try to say or any scripture I share, she goes back to the beginning and says, "But there's no point because God could have stopped sin from the very beginning by not even offering a choice to Adam and Eve and He's allowed people to be doomed for all eternity when He didn't have to. Why?"
In a way, this is a very large clue...

It is not about preventing sin or evil.

Tell your sister the answer is simple.

It is not about us.

It is all about Him.

He is Holy and Righteous.

He is God. We are His creation.

Everything that is exists to Glorify Him.

That is the primary reason.

And, every soul - saved or lost - will glorify Him forever.

Those who love Him will bring honor to Him forever.

Those who hate Him will bring honor to Him forever.

And you ask - how can that be?

Revelation 14:

11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

The first part of this verse describes a form of glorification of God that will continue forever.

You see - God has "arranged" it so that every soul - no exceptions - will glorify Him forever - "one way or another"...

Those who love Him will be blessed - and glorify Him.

Those who hate Him will be tormented - and glorify Him.

And you ask - how can that be?

Because of His righteousness.

Think of it this way --- it is like saying "He was right!" forever-and-ever...

eXric

Mar 31, 2022
My sister (blood sister, not sister-in-Christ...though I guess we're actually both:unsure::LOL:) and I have been texting and after the second time the same conversation came up this year, I thought I'd pose some questions that have been bothering her, here. She says it's an issue that's made her faith kinda get "stuck". Anyway, she said she was okay with me sharing on this site so here goes:

Her beef:
"If God is omniscient, then He already knew Adam and Eve would sin and eat the forbidden fruit. If God already knows the choices we're going to make, why give us a choice or free will? He knows who will follow Him and who won't so why would He allow those lost souls to be born into this world and remain lost and then doomed to eternal torment? Especially when He desires that none be lost? He can prevent that, but He doesn't. Why?"

She knows a lot of this comes back to faith or "His ways aren't ours", but feels those aren't "real" answers.

I've given many examples that I thought would help her sort it out in her mind but I think I've fallen flat.
I told her we parents do the same thing God does. We offer a choice to our kids: Obey or be punished.
To that she says, "But we don't kill our kids over their disobedience!"
I told her, "God spanks harder than we do." :LOL:

Or, like Abraham with Isaac. God knew the choice Abraham would make but Abraham didn't. Not until that moment that he lifted the knife did he realize God was more important than the son he had been promised. I told her, we have free will and God might know what we're going to choose but...we don't. And that those choices are refining us like gold.

I've told her God doesn't want robots preprogrammed to love Him. That He wants us to love Him because we desire to. Just like we don't want to force our children to love us. We want them to choose to love us.

But then, she always brings it back to the people God knows won't make the choice and will die in sin. Why allow them to be born?

Basically anything I try to say or any scripture I share, she goes back to the beginning and says, "But there's no point because God could have stopped sin from the very beginning by not even offering a choice to Adam and Eve and He's allowed people to be doomed for all eternity when He didn't have to. Why?"

Hopefully this doesn't sound too garbled. It's hard to really convey her worry/question/doubt.
If anyone has things I can tell her about this matter that will help get her faith "unstuck", I'd appreciate it.

I'll be back later to check in for any words of wisdom. ;)
God' view is not human view, we as believers should take that in to account?
God can see the past, present, and future all at the same time. God is there in the past, is now , and is future all at same time. There for, God can elect , save, and judge at same time. Because it is happing all at same time from His prospective.
For example, God see a person in hell (meaning it is over for that person) already knowing this, God can elect for for this, while also giving that person free will to chose to be saved( which in this case the person chose wrong). Talking like God is human, and with a human view point. God's view and lean not on human understanding.

Genipher

Jan 6, 2019
God' view is not human view, we as believers should take that in to account?
God can see the past, present, and future all at the same time. God is there in the past, is now , and is future all at same time. There for, God can elect , save, and judge at same time. Because it is happing all at same time from His prospective.
For example, God see a person in hell (meaning it is over for that person) already knowing this, God can elect for for this, while also giving that person free will to chose to be saved( which in this case the person chose wrong). Talking like God is human, and with a human view point. God's view and lean not on human understanding.
I get what you're saying and it makes sense to me. But I know my sister. She'll point out that if God sees that man in hell before the man is even born, why allow the man to be born in the first place? God is all-powerful, He could prevent that loss of a soul. It always circles back to the same question on her mind.

I agree with what many here have been saying. It is not our place to judge God. When I talk to sis again, I'll bring that up.

eXric

Mar 31, 2022
I get what you're saying and it makes sense to me. But I know my sister. She'll point out that if God sees that man in hell before the man is even born, why allow the man to be born in the first place? God is all-powerful, He could prevent that loss of a soul. It always circles back to the same question on her mind.

I agree with what many here have been saying. It is not our place to judge God. When I talk to sis again, I'll bring that up.
the key to it is God does not just see the past present and future but multi future. God see the man in heaven and hell at same time.

Genipher

Jan 6, 2019
the key to it is God does not just see the past present and future but multi future. God see the man in heaven and hell at same time.
That is an interesting point.

But He ultimately knows where that man will end up, yes?

eXric

Mar 31, 2022
That is an interesting point.

But He ultimately knows where that man will end up, yes?
yes both at same time.
God created man knowing both ends. God calls out and tries to guide us to be saved. Knowing both ends that the man will go. there is free will.

JTB

Aug 31, 2021
Most of us were taught to see time as linear - there's eternity, then a timeline, then eternity again. But we can see the relationship of time to eternity better by picturing them as a wheel. With God/eternity in the hub and time running around the rim, we can see how like randomly inserted spokes, God can reach out to all of time, all of the time.