Can you see the love? The good in marriage

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

atwhatcost

I thought I'd try for a more uplifting post. So, a two-parter, but not in the traditional (lengthy) version.

Part 1.
1. What's the last thing your spouse did that made you know he/she still loves you?
2. What's the last thing you did for your spouse just-because you love him/her?

Part 2:
Once give the "last thing," how about coming back when your spouse did something very cool to show the love?

Personally, sometimes we forget to notice.

And, since I started this, I'll answer the Part 1 question for us.
1. He washed the pots and the stove top - the hard part under the grill the pots boil over onto. That may not sound like a big thing, but we haven't done dishes for three days. (He had a medical test that hurt enough that I did dinner -- usually he makes dinner -- followed by our Sabbath Rest day, followed by my birthday, so he made a special dinner and wouldn't let me do any housework.) It was a LOT of dishes.

2. I asked him, and then got him, a soda while I was getting a new one for me.

It's not the grand gestures that say the most, (although my birthday dinner was five-star restaurant good lol); it's the every day things.

So... what have you noticed?

A

atwhatcost

Sorry, I thought some had happy marriages. It would have been nice to see the good side of marriage.

MarcR

Feb 12, 2015
Earlier this afternoon, I was typing on the forum. The house was beginning to warm to the point of mild discomfort.
My wife put her cool (NOT COLD) hand on my cheek and dragged it to the back of my neck then brought me an iced tea.

Both her hand and the drink were really refreshing.

Jan 25, 2015
OOOOOOO

Ok, my wife bought us some meat for the braai this week-end (because it is my favourite thing to do :) :) )

and I usually surprise her with her favourite meat (I have to buy it)

The small things usually matters the most if you know each other for a long time :)

A

atwhatcost

OOOOOOO

Ok, my wife bought us some meat for the braai this week-end (because it is my favourite thing to do :) :) )

and I usually surprise her with her favourite meat (I have to buy it)

The small things usually matters the most if you know each other for a long time :)
I suspect I understood what a braai was, but I googled it and found out I'm right. But Google didn't teach me how to pronounce it. Does it sound like how it's spelled, or can you pull off showing me how to pronounce it? I'm reading "Braw-ya."

And, yeah, this is what I mean. Small things do matter in a wonderful way.
:)

P

psychomom

on cold nights, when my husband sees me struggling with the covers,
he reaches over and pulls them up over my shoulders.

and when i notice his restless leg syndrome bothers him,
i wake him enough so he'll change his position and sleep better.

and that's just the nighttime stuff. :)

A

atwhatcost

on cold nights, when my husband sees me struggling with the covers,
he reaches over and pulls them up over my shoulders.

and when i notice his restless leg syndrome bothers him,
i wake him enough so he'll change his position and sleep better.

and that's just the nighttime stuff. :)
You don't sleep deeply. RLS hurts... ME! He's a very good kicker. lol

Has he tried iron yet? Hubby usually doesn't have it, if he takes enough iron each day. (Enough iron each day causes other problems, so it's good if he talks to his doctor about it.)