Canada Elects Justin Trudeau

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
There are enough results in to declare a majority Liberal government. This means Trudeau will have the right and ability to govern for the next 4 years.

He deposed Stephen Harper who has been Prime Minister of Canada for 10 years. Harper has balanced the budget, stood strong against terrorism, fought against ISIS, supported Israel, and had given Canadians many tax breaks and cuts.

Trudeau is the son of former Prime Minister Pierre Elliot Trudeau, a left leaning politician who stole resources from the west to give to the east. He repatriated our constitution which means the judiciary makes and throws out laws, not Parliament. He catered to Quebec, as his son Justin has promised to do.

For me, this is a very sad day. I could not be more disppointed at the stupidity of Canadians, who voted for change without looking at the candidates, the party platforms, or the leaders. I know, that is opinion, not news!

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
For me, this is a very sad day. I could not be more disppointed at the stupidity of Canadians, who voted for change without looking at the candidates, the party platforms, or the leaders. I know, that is opinion, not news!
A sad day, indeed. Mr. Harper was far from the perfect statesman, but he did represent sanity and sense in a West sorely lacking in both. Much more so than the recently deposed though equally conservative Prime Minister recently deposed in Australia.

I pray the United States changes its tune.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I hear you, Angela. I got the news minutes before I voted, and was surprised and saddened by it. I had to bite my tongue not to share it with others at the polling station, many of whom would not have been happy. I am concerned for this nation.

Our pastor shared briefly on this yesterday, challenging us to pray that the Holy Spirit would be present and active in the federal caucus, regardless of who was voted in. So that's what we'll have to do.

It occurs to me, though, that we would have needed to pray that prayer just as much, even if 'our' choice of party won the election, though perhaps for different reasons.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
A sad day, indeed. Mr. Harper was far from the perfect statesman, but he did represent sanity and sense in a West sorely lacking in both. Much more so than the recently deposed though equally conservative Prime Minister recently deposed in Australia.

In case you missed it, Abbott was recently deposed. :p

Sorry folks. If I could edit it, I would.

H

hopesprings

This is so nauseating...blah

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012

Oh yeah, Obama will have a close golf buddy!

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
This guy is quick...

Canada to Withdraw Jets from Iraq and Syria - US & Canada - News - Arutz Sheva

Canada's prime minister-elect Justin Trudeau on Tuesday told President Barack Obama that Canadian fighter jets would withdraw from fighting the Islamic State (ISIS) group in Iraq and Syria, but gave no timeline, AFP reported.
"About an hour ago I spoke with President Obama," Trudeau told a press conference.
While Canada remains "a strong member of the coalition against ISIS," Trudeau said he made clear to the Obama "the commitments I have made around ending the combat mission."

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
So Trudeau wishes Canada to be known as a strong member in the coalition against ISIS, but pulls actual military power from a fight.

What does he propose to contribute to remember a strong member of the coalition? Twitter hashtags.

That isn't to say Obama's coalition is ironclad anyhow. It says a lot about Obama's leadership that his nearest neighbor, greatest trade partner, and possibly closest ally feels so comfortable with just cashing out.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
Yes, I heard about the jets being taken out on the news tonight. I heard him promise this in several debates. He has some idea about Canada helping train local ground troops.

The man has absolutely no background in the military or international issues. Nothing he does should surprise anyone. He is clueless!

It's going to be a long, long 4 years.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
And speaking of ISIS, Harper would not let in Syrian refugees without a thorough background check. To stop ISIS recruiters from slipping into the country.

Trudeau promised the whole election he would be letting the refugees in without any checks, and as soon as possible. Just waiting for that announcement.

Canadians are getting exactly what they voted for! Too bad Trudeau seems to be the only politician in history who plans on keeping his election promises. Because most of his promises are just wrong!

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
And speaking of ISIS, Harper would not let in Syrian refugees without a thorough background check. To stop ISIS recruiters from slipping into the country.

Trudeau promised the whole election he would be letting the refugees in without any checks, and as soon as possible. Just waiting for that announcement.

Canadians are getting exactly what they voted for! Too bad Trudeau seems to be the only politician in history who plans on keeping his election promises. Because most of his promises are just wrong!
A progressive promise-keeper out of step with reality? We've been dealing with that too.

I honestly wish our progressive executive came off as buffoonish as yours. Obama's arrogance is much more annoying than Trudeau's babe in the woods demeanor.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Wouldn't it be great if the US and Canada had responsible governance at the same time? Gosh, it almost sounds too Utopian!

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Yes, I heard about the jets being taken out on the news tonight. I heard him promise this in several debates. He has some idea about Canada helping train local ground troops.

The man has absolutely no background in the military or international issues. Nothing he does should surprise anyone. He is clueless!

It's going to be a long, long 4 years.
a long 4 years? That's what we said in 2008...that four somehow multiplied into 8...which feels like 16.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
A progressive promise-keeper out of step with reality? We've been dealing with that too.

I honestly wish our progressive executive came off as buffoonish as yours. Obama's arrogance is much more annoying than Trudeau's babe in the woods demeanor.
Except Trudeau actually is babe in the woods. Someone said in one of the news shows he has been preparing to be prime minister for years. So why didn't he get some courses, training or jobs that might aid him in this endeavour? I mean, besides being a bouncer in a nightclub, a snowboard instructor and a short while as a French teacher in a private school, since he couldn't get hired in a public school?

I was comparing my meager qualifications as prime minister to Trudeau's. I sang in nightclubs for a living. I taught dance. And I taught school for many years. He attempted 2 different Master's degrees and didn't finish them. I finished my Master's. Making me more qualified than Trudeau.

So tell me, my American friends, does this incredible bitterness ever go away? Canadian Christians are all all posting we need to pray for Trudeau and his new government, and they are right. But what if just can't, at least yet?

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Except Trudeau actually is babe in the woods. Someone said in one of the news shows he has been preparing to be prime minister for years. So why didn't he get some courses, training or jobs that might aid him in this endeavour? I mean, besides being a bouncer in a nightclub, a snowboard instructor and a short while as a French teacher in a private school, since he couldn't get hired in a public school?

I was comparing my meager qualifications as prime minister to Trudeau's. I sang in nightclubs for a living. I taught dance. And I taught school for many years. He attempted 2 different Master's degrees and didn't finish them. I finished my Master's. Making me more qualified than Trudeau.

So tell me, my American friends, does this incredible bitterness ever go away? Canadian Christians are all all posting we need to pray for Trudeau and his new government, and they are right. But what if just can't, at least yet?
Look at the next four years as an opportunity to say "I was right." Sometimes, being the opposition is more fun than actually being the person in power.

I don't know the exact makeup of the Conservative Party in Canada, but also take it as an opportunity to evaluate your own side of the aisle. Why did they lose? What kind of leadership will Canada need most going forward.

That has been the nicest by-product of an Obama victory. American conservatives have been given a blessing of time to think about what they could have done better when they had power. What it is they truly value.

I think America will soon benefit from that internal struggle. Canada can do the same in four years. Perhaps then the Anglophonic world as a whole will have decent leaders.

One hopes.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Re: Trudeau..When it comes to politics, it's not what you know but who you know...that much a politician has in common with a Christian.

jb

Feb 27, 2010
There are enough results in to declare a majority Liberal government. This means Trudeau will have the right and ability to govern for the next 4 years.

He deposed Stephen Harper who has been Prime Minister of Canada for 10 years. Harper has balanced the budget, stood strong against terrorism, fought against ISIS, supported Israel, and had given Canadians many tax breaks and cuts.

Trudeau is the son of former Prime Minister Pierre Elliot Trudeau, a left leaning politician who stole resources from the west to give to the east. He repatriated our constitution which means the judiciary makes and throws out laws, not Parliament. He catered to Quebec, as his son Justin has promised to do.

1Sam 12v23, 1Tim 2v1-8, Rom 13v1-7

D

didymos

another canadian Justin we can do without