Cant forgive...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

blackout

ok this may sound odd but is it possible that God wont forgive you anymore? i mean if you ask for forgiveness so many time for the same sin does God say thats enough?...... help....lol..

X

xJoe

1 John 1:9
9If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
the thing is IF we confess as it says.
Don't be confused by the nonsense of.
"Well since its the same Sin maybe God just won't forgive it" that is a funny statement because we do the same sins everyday. We all fall into being prideful, selfish and unloving. Ever waste your time? That is a sin you know, just wasting time. How often do we commit that sin?
We all need to confess daily I believe.

shemaiah

Jan 28, 2011
Adding on to what joe already said, God will always forgive you if you ask Him to. And not only will He forgive you, He will bless you without you even asking. Thats the grace of our Lord. Usually we do not forgive ourselves and try to think God will not too... But His love is for us is greater than His wrath or judgement.

I

imabeliever2

I think the short answer to your quetion is no. There is no sin that God will not forgive us for as long as we ask for that forgiveness. To me it's really a question of rerpentence. And remember repentence is more that feeling ashamed or sorry for the sin that has been committed. It has to include a positive action on our part, i.e. a real effort to remove ourselves from the circumstances that lead to temptation that wil end in sin. I think the first and most powerfull action we can take is PRAYER! Continually ask for Gods direction and help in avoiding those circumstances that lead to sin. then take whatever physical steps you can to avoid situations that can lead to that temptation. Time and again Gods word tells us to RUN from those situations. Having said all this I can tell you as a 50 year old guy there are sins that I have struggled with all my life. I thank God every day for His grace and for help in overcoming my sin. Remember sin is our nature. We are born into it. But, through Gods undeservrd love and grace we can overcome it. The fact that this issue concerns you tells me that God is working in your life. I'll pray that God helps you in this matter.

E

EverlastingChange

Like others said I believe as long as your sincere there is nothing he won't forgive. It really does have to be sincere though. Sometimes when we say sorry to someone we don't necessarily mean it, we just know it's the right thing to do. With God it will never work that way, you can't put up a front with him. He searches our very hearts to see if we speak truth.

would not God have discovered it, since he knows the secrets of the heart? - Psalm 44:21
or
..The Spirit searches all things even the deeps things of God. - 1Corinthians 2:10

I believe this is why a lot of prayers go unanswered when it comes to the likes of repentance, it's not that god has not heard it. He simply knows you never meant it.

P

Psalm2713

It's a lie I have heard so many times and as in everything bad I proudly blame it all on the devil, what a liar he is!!!! Always remember what a liar he is. He wants you to stop believing in God, He doesn't like it when you see God's love for you. Nw I am a mere human and I don't knw you but through the spirit of God in me can see myself forgiving you for whatever. Hw much more does God, if He was willing to die for you? Disappoint Satan, Trust in God's love and promise of forgiveness.
May God give you strength.
Love you Brother/sister<3

B

blackout

wow thanks guys :) i needed to hear this!

Jul 24, 2010
I'm pretty sure that the Bible says if you are genuinely sorry and confess, you will be forgiven. I can't remember however where the passage was that says He would eventually "give them over to a perverse mind," but I believe that's more in reference to the people who continuously commit the same sins, aren't sorry for it, and are making no attempts to stop doing the same sins.

Anyone who has the actual passage can correct me on this lol I may have interpreted it wrong.