Can't get out from under

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
H

honey52

I'm just utterly discouraged. I know money is meaningless however when it's needed for shelter, medical problems,etc. (we're not talking high maintenance things here-I could care less) what can we do---------I'm physically unable to work, friends have slowly pulled away or I let them go, haven't found a church yet- & now the room-mate is leaving-I'll be honest-used to be boyfriend-today I'm 60! Unbelievable! I have used all my savings, I allowed him to stay;giving me a monthly pittance & now I have no where to turn for help. Need to rent a room but he refuses to move ANY of his junk & no self-respecting person would look at it & want to move in. I,m going to lose everything. Praying constantly. Does anyone have advice on renting a room? The websites are scary & none are free. Sorry to whine, overwhelmed & scared again, Where does my faith go in crises? God Bless Honey 52

L

LadySpeedStick

I'm physically unable to work,

Define "physically unable to work." There are plenty of jobs you can do from the comfort of your home, i.e. telemarketing, customer service, tech help, medical transcriptions, etc.

friends have slowly pulled away or I let them go,

Pull them back. If you were the one who let them go, reach out to them and express your regret. But don't do it because you need something, do it bc you care about restoring the relationship. Most people will respond to that.

haven't found a church yet-

Finding a church is imperative. Don't be too picky. No church is perfect. Pray, find one thats biblically sound, and get involved- quickly.

& now the room-mate is leaving-I'll be honest-used to be boyfriend-today I'm 60! Unbelievable! I have used all my savings,

Go online, there are websites that will make you a monthly budget for free, i.e. Personal Finance Software | Online Budget | Free Budget Software | Money Management. For a Christian perspective, google Dave Ramsey principles. Start some savings and really look into investments for retirement.

I allowed him to stay;giving me a monthly pittance & now I have no where to turn for help. Need to rent a room but he refuses to move ANY of his junk & no self-respecting person would look at it & want to move in.

Whether you have the actual money to hire a lawyer or not, you could threaten him with that possibility. Look up real-estate laws for your state, I'm sure he is in violation of some, and use it against him. Make your demands reasonable (him moving his things) and most people will bend at the sound of "lawyer."

I,m going to lose everything. Praying constantly. Does anyone have advice on renting a room? The websites are scary & none are free. Sorry to whine, overwhelmed & scared again, Where does my faith go in crises? God Bless Honey 52

Most big cities have renting websites for Christians. If there isn't one where you live, google churches nearby. Many churches have open forums (like this one) that you can write in even if you don't attend church there. You could post an ad there about needing a room/roommate.

"All of my life, in every season, You are still God. So I have this reason to sing, I have this reason to worship."

Good luck.

J

Jullianna

I'm just utterly discouraged. I know money is meaningless however when it's needed for shelter, medical problems,etc. (we're not talking high maintenance things here-I could care less) what can we do---------I'm physically unable to work, friends have slowly pulled away or I let them go, haven't found a church yet- & now the room-mate is leaving-I'll be honest-used to be boyfriend-today I'm 60! Unbelievable! I have used all my savings, I allowed him to stay;giving me a monthly pittance & now I have no where to turn for help. Need to rent a room but he refuses to move ANY of his junk & no self-respecting person would look at it & want to move in. I,m going to lose everything. Praying constantly. Does anyone have advice on renting a room? The websites are scary & none are free. Sorry to whine, overwhelmed & scared again, Where does my faith go in crises? God Bless Honey 52
I'm curious, like LadySpeedStick, regarding the "physically unable to work" thing. If you don't have a marketable skill set for any of the jobs she suggested, would you be able to clean homes or sit with the elderly? If you don't know where to start, you could contact a local homecare company or hospice center to get started.

If you truly can't work, have you applied for disability benefits?

A church is very important. Are you able to get there? They might be able to put you in touch with college students or other ladies in the congregation who may be looking for a place.

If there is a college or university in your area, check to see if they have a forum where you can post. Post a sign in your yard. Stick up a notice in a laundromat or convenience store near you. A lot of small business like that have bulletin boards. Call friends and family and ask them if they know of anyone looking for a room.

Did you have any sort of lease with the boyfriend? If he doesn't come and get his stuff, have an attorney give him notice via letter. A lot of attorneys will do this for a small fee. If you are quoted an amount you can't afford, google and contact your local bar assocation and ask for their referral service. If it were me, I'd already be using his stuff for lawn ornaments, but you seem nicer than that. :)

God bless :)

V

violakat

If he refuses to remove his junk, and anything of it is of value, give him a 2 week to 30 notice to remove said items, or you will sale them. Then, when he doesn't, sell them.

Otherwise, I'm not sure what you can legally do with the items.

V

violakat

If he refuses to remove his junk, and anything of it is of value, give him a 2 week to 30 notice to remove said items, or you will sale them. Then, when he doesn't, sell them.

Otherwise, I'm not sure what you can legally do with the items.
Revising what I said earlier, just to give additional suggestion with my advice.

If he refuses to remove his junk, and anything of it is of value, give him a 30 day notice to remove said items, or you will sale them and keep the money. Then, when he doesn't, sell them. Make sure when you send the notice, send it via letter, and it might be better to send it via signed. Yes, it's more expensive, but this way you have proof that he received a copy of the letter, and it will not be a he/she said thing, in case anything he tries to take you to court. Also, keep a copy of the letter you send. Should be easy with computers and copiers.

H

honey52

Want to thank you all for helpful suggestions. About the disability- I was a psychiatric R.N. for 20 years and worked in detox & developmentally disabled before that. NO medical skills. Ended up on disability due to severe panic attacks and four joint surgeries. Then (and I allowed it) my Mr. Wonderful refused to help me shovel out my car in our worst snowstorm & my back developed several slipped discs, 4 other grossly painful problems won't bore you with-Havve been to many healing masses with Cathoolic friend. Back surgery, even with Medicare is way beyond my means. Living from check to check; have never been frivolous; excellent with budgets! Just need the roomie to make the bills. I know God provides. I read somewhere on this site there's a list of churches if you plug in your zip? Anyone know how to access that? Trying to work as companion with the elderly, take care of all they need-put a resume together recently & gave to a church! Hoping something comes thru with that; just can't handle anyone grossly obese due to back. So God Bless you all for encouragement. Hard to believe staying with someone so hostile & critical can break you down- I'm actually sad & crying though I know God's plan has not been what I've been enduring. Love you all Honey52!