Captivity

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 18, 2023
What does being held in captivity mean.

According to scripture the moment Adam and eve sinned they died.

As we know the wages for sin is death.

But is every man held in death for evermore.

Can you hold Gods captivity, and death to be the same meaning.

For God said this

If ye eat from the tree of good and evil ye will surely die

But right after he gave that commandment, he gave this verse.

It is not good for man to be alone.

What is he more concerned about, man disobeying God or man being alone.

If your held in captivity are you alone, as in truly alone.

And if your held in captivity do you have free will.

Dec 18, 2023
Wow 73 verses Bible Verses about Captives.

wouldn't it be lovely to do a study of captivity 😊

Luke 4:18

"The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to set the oppressed free,

Isaiah 61:1

The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners.

Isaiah 43:1

But now, this is what the LORD says – he who created you, Jacob, he who formed you, Israel: "Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine."

Ezra 1:1

In the first year of Cyrus king of Persia, in order to fulfill the word of the LORD spoken by Jeremiah, the LORD moved the heart of Cyrus king of Persia to make a proclamation throughout his realm and also to put it in writing:

2 Corinthians 2:14
But thanks be to God, who always leads us as captives in Christ's triumphal procession and uses us to spread the aroma of the knowledge of him everywhere.

Anyone notice the word free will in any of these passages.

😊😊😊🎂🎂🎂😊😊😊😊😊😋😋😋

Dec 18, 2023
What dies it mean to be held in captivity

Please leave your answer on a post card thankyou.

In loving memory of Jean Calvin died 1564

Therefore

Screenshot_20240420-002515.png

Dec 18, 2023
Everyone here has free will

But nobody wants to do a study of captivity.

Hmmm ok then