Careful with your bible

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 5, 2012
Many bible’s today have different translations of scriptures, some even make the bible sound like a book of fables. I searched a single verse not long ago when discussing a forum. The verse was [Lk 1:28] the Salutation by the angel Gabriel to the blessed virgin Mary. One may think that such a short and simple message would not be altered.

Here are some of the translations I found
The text is supposed to say “Hail, Full of Grace”

- “Hail, thou that art highly favored, the Lord is with thee; blessed art thou among women.”

- “Rejoice, favored one! The Lord is with you!”

- “Greetings! The Lord is with you; you are very special to him.”

- “·Greetings [Hello; L Rejoice; C a common greeting]! ·The Lord has blessed you and is with you [or …favored one, the Lord is with you].”

- “Peace be with you! The Lord is with you and has greatly blessed you!”

- “Greetings to you, Mary. O favored one!—the Lord be with you!”

- “Greetings, favored one! The Lord is with you.”

- Good morning! You’re beautiful with God’s beauty, Beautiful inside and out!
God be with you.“The Lord has given you special favor. He is with you.”

- “You are honored very much. You are a favored woman. The Lord is with you. *You are chosen from among many women.”

- `Be happy! God has blessed you more than other women. The Lord is with you!'

How water down this salutation has been changed. This makes the blessed virgin Mary be like a random lottery winner. I am not here to discuss the blessed virgin Mary. This is just something I came across with different bibles and would like to share with you. To believe a bible is the actual true word of God, one must have a bible with the original scriptures.

English not being my original language I know how a word could have many meanings. There is a word in spanish that means "you are not man enough and you can not please you wife, thats why she sleeps around" [only one word] But the same word means "you have guts you have done something words can not express" l. This word has a few more meanings which are completely different. This word in other Spanish nations, has a completely different meaning.

So to say that a bible has the true infallible word of God, it must be in the original language. Be careful not to fall in the trap that it does not matter which bible you get, because it does. As a catholic can find which bibles are approved by the church. I do not know if other denominations have something similar, do your search and find an approved version.

This is the word of God we are talking about here, do not be fooled by pretty covers or pretty pictures. As one christian to another be careful which bible you read from.

God Bless!

R

rauleetoe

Many bible’s today have different translations of scriptures, some even make the bible sound like a book of fables. I searched a single verse not long ago when discussing a forum. The verse was [Lk 1:28] the Salutation by the angel Gabriel to the blessed virgin Mary. One may think that such a short and simple message would not be altered.

Here are some of the translations I found
The text is supposed to say “Hail, Full of Grace”

- “Hail, thou that art highly favored, the Lord is with thee; blessed art thou among women.”

- “Rejoice, favored one! The Lord is with you!”

- “Greetings! The Lord is with you; you are very special to him.”

- “·Greetings [Hello; L Rejoice; C a common greeting]! ·The Lord has blessed you and is with you [or …favored one, the Lord is with you].”

- “Peace be with you! The Lord is with you and has greatly blessed you!”

- “Greetings to you, Mary. O favored one!—the Lord be with you!”

- “Greetings, favored one! The Lord is with you.”

- Good morning! You’re beautiful with God’s beauty, Beautiful inside and out!
God be with you.“The Lord has given you special favor. He is with you.”

- “You are honored very much. You are a favored woman. The Lord is with you. *You are chosen from among many women.”

- `Be happy! God has blessed you more than other women. The Lord is with you!'

How water down this salutation has been changed. This makes the blessed virgin Mary be like a random lottery winner. I am not here to discuss the blessed virgin Mary. This is just something I came across with different bibles and would like to share with you. To believe a bible is the actual true word of God, one must have a bible with the original scriptures.

English not being my original language I know how a word could have many meanings. There is a word in spanish that means "you are not man enough and you can not please you wife, thats why she sleeps around" [only one word] But the same word means "you have guts you have done something words can not express" l. This word has a few more meanings which are completely different. This word in other Spanish nations, has a completely different meaning.

So to say that a bible has the true infallible word of God, it must be in the original language. Be careful not to fall in the trap that it does not matter which bible you get, because it does. As a catholic can find which bibles are approved by the church. I do not know if other denominations have something similar, do your search and find an approved version.

This is the word of God we are talking about here, do not be fooled by pretty covers or pretty pictures. As one christian to another be careful which bible you read from.

God Bless!
Well regarding approved versions for different groups..its going to depend on whom you ask and their opinions and preferences.
I for one, read in spanish a Reina Valera 1909,while my church usually teaches from the 1960 reina valera..(got one too)I like how the nueve(how we say in spanish) reads..got it in audio and book form.
I in english tend to read lately more 'devotional' type bibles, like paraphrases or 'dynamic equivalents' Latley its been the Living Bible,The Voice*thomas nelson,The word on the street, and once in a blue moon..The common english bible or the AMP. The Voice has been a fav of mine lately and that one verse you speak of reads this way in it..

messenger: Greetings! You are favoured,and the Lord is with you![Among all women on the earth,you have been blessed]*

regarding spanish Bibles..most have a catholic/latin influence in them..like in john 1, the beginning was the word..
In the spanish bibles they say Verb, or verbo..instead of word..the only ones that i hear do not are supposedly the Gomez Bible and reina valera purificada.

they use, Palabra..the spanish translation of 'word'

K

kenisyes

Makes a good argument for learning some Hebrew and Greek.