Catch and release dating. Once the pursuit is over, is it over?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

1still_waters

And some catch and releasers forget some of the fishies are piranhas. lolol...N they get lil bitesies.. lalalala :p

Attachments

Liamson

Feb 3, 2010
The thing I want in a relationship is the ability to Romantically "TEE-OFF." I want the whole enchilada with everything sauce.

I want to be over the top. I want to dance and sing in front of everybody. I want it all to be ridiculous and wonderful and exciting and surprising.

So... I don't really do the catch and release thing. I don't even really like the idea of fishing for women. "Whoever takes this bait, I hope she's a keeper."

Error used the term "Hunting" and that is generally more my speed. I see what I want and its as if there are no other things in the forest.

niceguyJ

Feb 5, 2011
There is something fishy about this whole thread.

Somebody had to say it.

N

NodMyHeadLikeYeah

I've had this happen to me once.
Except it lasted for about two years with the same person.

Not the best two years of my life.

J

Jullianna

I knew there was something else I forgot to talk about before. About the fish…

Some fish are “collectors”, like the ones we talked about in here months ago. They aren’t really interested in a relationship, they are merely collecting the attention of the opposite sex, like trophies or badges.

They usually have insecurity issues, are usually very young, and haven’t had much experience with the opposite gender when it begins. Some of them are girls who only dated a guy or two in high school or perhaps none at all. Some went to all girl schools or were home schooled and are just now learning how to interact with guys. They find themselves suddenly flooded with male attention and aren’t quite sure how to handle it, but it soon gives them a feeling of power over men, and they like it. That’s where the trouble begins.

A lot of them end up pregnant. A lot of them end up abused becaused they played the wrong guy. Some of them end up waaaaaaay in over their heads and are never able to dig their way out. Some of them wake up before it’s too late. I know some that I’m praying for and have tried to talk with…not sure they are listening…but my God is able to protect them.

Some women never recover from this. Some of them love this attention and “power” over men so much that they learn how to use it…very well, almost like an addiction. I’ve arrested strippers and prostitutes who have told me that this was what they liked the most about their lifestyles.

MOST girls get a healthy handle on the male/female attraction thing in jr high/high school (that’s what all of the giggling is about), before they are spending too much time alone with guys and are still protected by a lot of adult supervision. It’s far more dangerous if they don’t catch on before they are out on their own. A lot of people can get hurt, both the collector and the men they target…. It’s a game of “Chase Me Until I Catch You”. Don’t play.

P

Peter321

Most fish smell bad anyways :3
You have to go to the nice lakes, with the clean water, and cast it deep, wait for a long time then you get a nice fishy, you might think it's boring in the meantime, but in the end it might just be worth it!
Nah i don't know really.. just.. mumbling about..

Liamson

Feb 3, 2010
I think the thing that is not acknowledged enough, and what drives me the most crazy is that Marriage IS JUST THE BEGINNING.

Everything before marriage is just picking teams. People who think that life is over when they get married are either looking for the wrong people or just delusional. Theoretically, if we are doing it right. We can't even go on long trips backpacking, sailing, traveling to a foreign country or anything alone. The temptation would be overwhelming to do something else. This whole catch and release thing, is really just playing in the shallow end of something MUCH MUCH deeper. The goal is not "settling down" it is merely finding someone who is crazy enough to go with you.

J

Jullianna

I absolutely agree that marriage is just the beginning of a relationship that will, hopefully and prayerfully, last a lifetime.

In the thread where we talked about how much we change between 18 and now, it's clear how we all change and continue to grow throughout our lives. As christians, it will be for the better if we allow it and yield to it.

It IS an adventure, even if you never leave your hometown. :) The scale of that adventure is determined by the couple and God.

Life affects us and we affect those around us, especially those closest to us. When you think you've found that one person you want to join you on that adventure, it's so important to ask yourself if you can see yourself loving them and standing by them through whatever comes, and whether they are strong enough to do the same for you because you never know...

When you find the person who knows you, gets you and "fits" with you, it's really cool when something comes along and, without saying a word, you can look at one another, read one another, smile and say, "Yea. Let's do this!"