Celebrating 41 years in marriage!!! What about us???

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

Bate

A beautiful night in Paris Don Moen (Praise and Worship Leader), with Laura! Celebrating 41 years of marriage!

What I can say here is ''congratulations!" And I wish them many more years of happy marriage.

It is my prayer that they'd be such an example to our generation, more so now that the rate of divorce is on the increase. I wish that the whole world and our brethren will take it too. That way, marriages and relationships can stabilize and be respected in all aspects by the respective partners.

Let the change at least start from or begin with us here :)

Be and stay blessed!

Attachments

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
​Bate, my parents have been married for almost 60 years!! Their 60th anniversary is in September of 2015. :) My sister was married for almost 33 years, and I used to admire her for that because I thought her marriage would last forever like my parents has. Sadly, she got divorced last year. What you say about marriages not lasting, for the most part it's true. :(

B

Bate

Wow! Really thumbs up for your parents Blue_ladybug :)..... But I thought that you were actually giving me a second successful testimony about your sister's marriage too; but that's bad news indeed. You haven't said a word about yours :) ..

Otherwise, I'm trying to find answers for the drastically rising concerns in marriage and why all that which happens, is taking place! Could it be so, that people engage into marriage because of the flesh's desire, duty, a practice or just because they aren't ready and sure??!! A lot!

:confused:

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
​Bate, my parents have been married for almost 60 years!! Their 60th anniversary is in September of 2015. :) My sister was married for almost 33 years, and I used to admire her for that because I thought her marriage would last forever like my parents has. Sadly, she got divorced last year. What you say about marriages not lasting, for the most part it's true. :(
Sad, but true.

M

Marian29

I admire the long lasting blessed pure and lovely marriages. Built in the wills of our Lord Holly God. :D It's inspiring.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Wow! Really thumbs up for your parents Blue_ladybug :)..... But I thought that you were actually giving me a second successful testimony about your sister's marriage too; but that's bad news indeed. You haven't said a word about yours :) ..

Otherwise, I'm trying to find answers for the drastically rising concerns in marriage and why all that which happens, is taking place! Could it be so, that people engage into marriage because of the flesh's desire, duty, a practice or just because they aren't ready and sure??!! A lot!

:confused:
Bate, thank you. :) Yeah, my sister is having a mid-life crisis and feels life is passing her by while my ex-brother-inlaw put in long hours at IBM. I think she's nuts to have a 32-year marriage, but oh well. I am incredibly disappointed in her, though. As for myself, I've never been married. I enjoy the single life!! :) I think some people enter into marriage just because they are either young and want out of their parent's house and control, and their trying to prove they are mature enough to be married, or just because they want feel the NEED to be married to feel worthy in other people's eyes. Everyone has a different reason, I suppose.

D

dabodab

A beautiful night in Paris Don Moen (Praise and Worship Leader), with Laura! Celebrating 41 years of marriage!

What I can say here is ''congratulations!" And I wish them many more years of happy marriage.

It is my prayer that they'd be such an example to our generation, more so now that the rate of divorce is on the increase. I wish that the whole world and our brethren will take it too. That way, marriages and relationships can stabilize and be respected in all aspects by the respective partners.

Let the change at least start from or begin with us here :)

Be and stay blessed!
Wonderful, thank you for sharing your friends' success with us! What a blessing ...

Know what would be great, to have Christian's with solid marriages come here and give some testimony.

Toska

Nov 16, 2013
I love to hear about long and successful marriages! I am so happy for your friends and their 41 years of marriage!

My parents will be celebrating their 50th anniversary this week:) The funny part is that, when they got married, they were the couple that everyone said would not make it. Dad was too wild, Mom was too good. They ended up complimenting each other in ways that nobody could imagine. Out of their group of friends from back in the day, they are the only couple still married:p.

B

Bate

Blue_ladybug I really do understand and how it would feel to live and endure life with someone who'd spend/offer most of his (her) time to some other stuff like phones, than devoting it to fix and improve their marriages!
It was a question we were asking and sharing with some friends yesterday; ''what's taking place today? What's wrong with marriages and relationships?'' :confused:

Otherwise, Toska, I'm humbled the more here and I'd like to say, ''congratulations to dad and mom!''
It at times require self examination and find out how things would work out especially when the couple is of a kind, just as you explained how your parents were! :)

It somehow gives courage.....