Champ! After this weekend, what will be #1 watched flick, The Hunger Games or.....

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Which movie #1 after this Easter weekend at the box office ?

• Titanic 3D

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
G

GreenNnice

...Titanic in 3D .

Let's make it a poll . I think that Titanic will win out myself, I don't think it can out-power the reigning champ !

'Course, we already know who the 'all time'-champ is, don't we ?

Jaws !

Oops, wrong 'J,' my bad.

Jesus. He is our buoy that makes our waves smooth and our hunger fed. :)

There is something, yes, something, so much more titanic than mere mortal thought can commit, there is something, so something, about that Name. :)

Note on poll: I made it 'public .'

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 11, 2012
1Jn 2:15 Do not love the world, nor the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him,
1Jn 2:16 because all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
1Jn 2:17 And the world passes away, and the lust of it, but he who does the will of God abides forever.

Come out from among them and be seperate says the Lord, I will set no evil thing before my eyes, abstain from all appearances of evil, set you mind on things above, He who loves the world is OF the world, guard your heart, be holy and seperate, have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but expose them.

Just a few warning verses for those who proclaim to be born again, and love to watch these holywood movies, they are not of God, they are of the world, flee all forms of evil, and immorality, repent from your love of the world, seek truth with all your heart and soul, and ask yoursef if you can watch these vile movies, with Jesus sitting next to you, if you say yes, then I pray you will wake up, repent, clear your heart from all known sin, 2 Corin 7-10-11, and seek the mercy of God.

Born again Christians are not OF the world, and walk in purity, abstaining from all appearances of evil.

There are a few good videos out there, such as the video Bible series, and my favorite is the whole Bible on DVD, to much temptation coming from these movies, sex, violence, godless idolatry, and in no way glorify God!

G

GreenNnice

1Jn 2:15 Do not love the world, nor the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him,
1Jn 2:16 because all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
1Jn 2:17 And the world passes away, and the lust of it, but he who does the will of God abides forever.

Come out from among them and be seperate says the Lord, I will set no evil thing before my eyes, abstain from all appearances of evil, set you mind on things above, He who loves the world is OF the world, guard your heart, be holy and seperate, have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but expose them.

Just a few warning verses for those who proclaim to be born again, and love to watch these holywood movies, they are not of God, they are of the world, flee all forms of evil, and immorality, repent from your love of the world, seek truth with all your heart and soul, and ask yoursef if you can watch these vile movies, with Jesus sitting next to you, if you say yes, then I pray you will wake up, repent, clear your heart from all known sin, 2 Corin 7-10-11, and seek the mercy of God.

Born again Christians are not OF the world, and walk in purity, abstaining from all appearances of evil.

There are a few good videos out there, such as the video Bible series, and my favorite is the whole Bible on DVD, to much temptation coming from these movies, sex, violence, godless idolatry, and in no way glorify God!
Everything we do should be for the glory of God , that is, your thinking should be something constructive from watching a movie that is not of the Lord. That said..

Though we are not OF this World, having given our life to Christ, we are still IN this world. We have friends (I will speak for myself, anyway) that do not profess a life of faith in Jesus, so, how can we reach them IF we do not do things with them ? We can't can we? Should we leave our non-christian friends , like ones since childhood, for some, me included? 'No' is the answer from our human brains, but, of course, the Lord leads, and, He ultimately is who we follow. I have countless times, through movies friends teenagers, including nieces and nephews that are christian but going to watch movies secular, ANYWAY so WHY not their uncle help them understand that movies are to be wattched with a right understanding and likeness to God things. I have watched secular movies , been able to let God speak His Love through me, and...

The Hunger Games and Titanic and ALL secular world movies are NO different, the Lord leads, Tommy, and, we, as His, should NOT seek out sinful things, of motive, action, in our life, but does Lord put us in people's lives to do spiritual warfare?

Only one answer, YES ! :)

I appreciate your post, God bless you for your courageousness, Tommy, for bringing glory to our forever Saviour of the world. :)

Plan your heart with God's way and there's no need to have reordered your steps . See Proverbs 16:9

16:3 Commit thy plans to the Lord and you will not have hunger, well, 'you will succeed,' anyway.

It IS a personal relationship with Christ, through The Word and praying to God, and, the Spirit inside our temple (body). THAT is what God wants from us (simple isn't it, 'relationship'), that matters more than the most titanic thought you can thunk . :)

C

CC_Bride

Their bringing back The Back to the Future Trilogy at our movie theatres in 3D!!

Now that'll be a wicked movie to rewatch :D

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
I don't think Titanic 3D will be strong enough to topple Hunger Games, but I do think Titanic might just become the best selling 3D remake at the box office.

G

GreenNnice

I don't think Titanic 3D will be strong enough to topple Hunger Games, but I do think Titanic might just become the best selling 3D remake at the box office.
====
Fair enough, zere, hunger games is enormously popular, but I think Titanic 3D will continue to be close to it weekly. I think it will be #2 after this weekend. But, what do I know , it was #3 first week out.

My thinking: love will beat out hate. Isn't the hunger games about killing others to survive. You have to become ingrained to hate others to live, wow! that sounds a lot now like dkfferent religions and even denominations going after each other, not becauze of any sound reasoning, they ALL believe in the same God. Sad really. :) truly sad is that, men made division, not God, jusy like man chose to have a king when their King of Love for them was already the BEST they could hav..

Stupid man :)

Man becomes all happy , $o thinking they made a rich decision to benefit them, sign, having done this after God grants them their wish ( like Saul became Israelites peiple wanted king) :) before soon realizing their decision was bad :(

Sounds like a good plot for a movie, eh, zere :D

C

CanadaNZ

I don't get this whole 3D fascination, especially considering which moving they are making 3D. I mean does Titanic really need to be made into a 3D movie? I mean has society so completely lost their imagination that they can't see the 3D in every movie? I don't get anything special from 3D, to me my brain processes all movies as 3D I don't need them to try and trick my brain into thinking the movie is coming out of the screen. Kinda ruins it for me really in a lot of ways.

Aug 2, 2009
Their bringing back The Back to the Future Trilogy at our movie theatres in 3D!!

Now that'll be a wicked movie to rewatch :D
Cool! Out of all the 3d remakes, those would probably be the only ones I want to see!! :D Who could pass up the Professor and Marty Mcfly!! :)

G

GreenNnice

I don't get this whole 3D fascination, especially considering which moving they are making 3D. I mean does Titanic really need to be made into a 3D movie? I mean has society so completely lost their imagination that they can't see the 3D in every movie? I don't get anything special from 3D, to me my brain processes all movies as 3D I don't need them to try and trick my brain into thinking the movie is coming out of the screen. Kinda ruins it for me really in a lot of ways.
-,,,-
Not me, cc, 3 D is pretty hip, it reminds me of about 15 years ago when I got a cool Aiwa pro logic stereo with surround sound speaker minis in back sides of each corner of the room and big front speakers and a,center channel speaker.

I loved to watch movies with all that swirling noise, like Blue Thunder helicopter realism and how about placing a glass of water on the coffee table and watching the glass shake every chilling step the T-rex took in Jurassic Park .

3 D still too expensive for most folk but that will change, the $1500 3D TVs will be around $500 soon.
I will be surprised if 3D does not become a huge deal in the near future.

Our minds are too wrapped up in TV now, but pretty soon we will be even more so vegetablized as a nation majority watching 3D and not needing speciak glasses to watch even, and, thats came to pass already, too, there is lg 3 d that no glasses are needed .

C

CanadaNZ

-,,,-
Not me, cc, 3 D is pretty hip, it reminds me of about 15 years ago when I got a cool Aiwa pro logic stereo with surround sound speaker minis in back sides of each corner of the room and big front speakers and a,center channel speaker.

I loved to watch movies with all that swirling noise, like Blue Thunder helicopter realism and how about placing a glass of water on the coffee table and watching the glass shake every chilling step the T-rex took in Jurassic Park .

3 D still too expensive for most folk but that will change, the $1500 3D TVs will be around $500 soon.
I will be surprised if 3D does not become a huge deal in the near future.

Our minds are too wrapped up in TV now, but pretty soon we will be even more so vegetablized as a nation majority watching 3D and not needing speciak glasses to watch even, and, thats came to pass already, too, there is lg 3 d that no glasses are needed .
See surround sound I get, it gives a more fuller sound. But 3D is technology that is designed to do something our brains are already capable of, will never own a 3D tv, they couldn't give me one (well maybe they could give me one, but I would only take it to sell it).

G

GreenNnice

See surround sound I get, it gives a more fuller sound. But 3D is technology that is designed to do something our brains are already capable of, will never own a 3D tv, they couldn't give me one (well maybe they could give me one, but I would only take it to sell it).
_______
We shall see....

I have watched monster inc movie with 3D glasses and it was way cooler than watching it in 3D, CNZ, but, your point is well taken, our brains can dimentionalize.
____
And, lol, but I saw your avatar and wife in it and thought you were 'cc,' which is the name I call your neat wife on here. :)
Blessed you are, Christ bro, she's interesting to listen to on here, and, God gave you her. Plus, cc.is, she has you and I see your posts on c.c. too, and, you definitely lend intelligent, poignant ideas and meaning in your bible discussion posts. :)