Charles Stanley Correction

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Thunderrr-mental

Dec 18, 2023
1) obviously true
2) obviously false

David was guilty of rape, conspiracy, murder of one of his best friends, and the deaths of 70,000 (!!!) of his countrymen.
All this done at an advanced age (he should have been spiritually mature by that time....right?) when he was in a very bad state of spiritual complacency and weakness to the temptations of the world.

What saved person that you know of is absolutely guilty of this magnitude of sinful acts?

BUT......David never "changed god's" or abandoned his Savior.
David had not received the gift of the holy spirit. He was in a process

Dec 29, 2023
Every time we sin we are forfeiting repentance and will not be right with God until we repent of it and allow the Spirit to lead us.

Exactly. That's a good word.

And what happens if a saved person dies in sin.

That will be counted as being unrighteous because they turned away from the Lord and rejected Him in favor of doing sin. Jesus is not kicking them out, THEY are rejecting Him.

A saved person cannot die in sin.

Sure they can, according to God's Word!

2 Peter 2:20
For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.

James 5:19,20
Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him;
Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

Romans 2:7-11
To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:
But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,
Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:
For there is no respect of persons with God.

Salvation is a once and for all SPIRITUAL reality. Outside of time.
You are trapped in a ridiculous doom-loop of time-bound cause and effect.

Actually mankind is still living in the envelope of time so we are subject to time.

When one gets born again it does not mean they'll go to Heaven if they turn away from the Lord and go back to sin as many are doing now as the falling away God tells about in His Word is in full swing.

2) obviously false

Not according to God's Word.

David was guilty of rape, conspiracy, murder of one of his best friends, and the deaths of 70,000 (!!!) of his countrymen.
All this done at an advanced age (he should have been spiritually mature by that time....right?) when he was in a very bad state of spiritual complacency and weakness to the temptations of the world.

Uh huh and David spent a lot of time REPENTING too.

You forgot to mention that which makes it sound as though it's all good with the Lord to do sin.

David became separated from the Lord because of his sin and he was only in right standing with the Lord again after he repented.

If he had not repented he would have gone to hell just like it is with Christians today.

The "security in sin" gospel is a false gospel not supported by scripture.

It's amazing to hear people claim one is still saved when they are living in sin. Amazing!

BUT......David never "changed god's" or abandoned his Savior.

Sure he abandoned the Lord!

When he was doing sin, he was NOT walking with the Lord and had in fact turned his back on the Lord in rebellion.

Had be remained in his fellowship with the Lord he would NEVER had dome all those terrible things!

Thunderrr-mental

Dec 18, 2023
Exactly. That's a good word.

That will be counted as being unrighteous because they turned away from the Lord and rejected Him in favor of doing sin. Jesus is not kicking them out, THEY are rejecting Him.

Sure they can, according to God's Word!

2 Peter 2:20
For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.

Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:
But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,
Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:
For there is no respect of persons with God.

Actually mankind is still living in the envelope of time so we are subject to time.

When one gets born again it does not mean they'll go to Heaven if they turn away from the Lord and go back to sin as many are doing now as the falling away God tells about in His Word is in full swing.

Not according to God's Word.

Uh huh and David spent a lot of time REPENTING too.

You forgot to mention that which makes it sound as though it's all good with the Lord to do sin.

David became separated from the Lord because of his sin and he was only in right standing with the Lord again after he repented.

If he had not repented he would have gone to hell just like it is with Christians today.

The "security in sin" gospel is a false gospel not supported by scripture.

It's amazing to hear people claim one is still saved when they are living in sin. Amazing!

Sure he abandoned the Lord!

When he was doing sin, he was NOT walking with the Lord and had in fact turned his back on the Lord in rebellion.

Had be remained in his fellowship with the Lord he would NEVER had dome all those terrible things!
he's lost his love for his brother's I think,.

Dec 29, 2023
he's lost his love for his brother's I think,.

Actually, because of his love for the brethren he is pointing our the warnings God gives in His Word.

That's to help the brethren heed God's warnings so they don't fall in to false doctrine and end up going south when they die instead of north

Thunderrr-mental

Dec 18, 2023
Actually, because of his love for the brethren he is pointing our the warnings God gives in His Word.

That's to help the brethren heed God's warnings so they don't fall in to false doctrine and end up going south when they die instead of north
I'm saying at this moment in time tread carefully some people have lost there love for there brothers ❤️

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
I utterly reject the "one sin that's going to get you" crowd.
Losing your salvation 1000 times then regaining it 1001 times is heresy.

Dec 29, 2023
I utterly reject the "one sin that's going to get you" crowd.
Losing your salvation 1000 times then regaining it 1001 times is heresy.

How would you know?

You said you don't believe the Lord communicates with His people any more.

Sounds like you believe you have no way of knowing anything about the Lord at all.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
How would you know?

You said you don't believe the Lord communicates with His people any more.

Sounds like you believe you have no way of knowing anything about the Lord at all.
You are on ignore.

Blade

Nov 19, 2019
"2 Peter 2:20

For there is no respect of persons with God."

2nd Peter as I read it is not about losing salvation. Those that are victims of false teachers will end up in a worse state then they were in before they were saved. Jesus made a similar statement in reference to a man from whom a unclean spirit had been cast out. "the last state of that man is worse then the first". Looking at the word Entangled is emplakentes meaning entwine, involve. Its the word used of braiding or plaiting the hair, a very deliberate process and indicates their return to their former immoral lives is not as rash act but a willful choice on their part.

Now in James 19-20 a word used "should wander "to lead astray, deceive, cause to wander". So if were going to play with words like "sinner" some Christians believe they are no longer sinners where as others (Christians) believe after being saved from above yet are still sinners. So for me some are lead astray, deceived does not mean they now rejected Christ and no longer saved. It is amazing no, how sin can so easily cost ones salvation of which was never based on.

It would seem what cost God so much.. to die on that (suffered so much) cross HAHA oh praise GOD. Thinking that and just as I was typing it those words were sang by Keith Green.

Just because we believe trust in Jesus Christ does no mean we are now never touched by sin nor does it mean we never willingly sin. Is your salvation based on if you ever sin or do you have some time limit on it? Well we can't say we never sin or don't have sin.. granted John was talking to those believer's that believed they never sin any more. So to them he was saying if we say we have no sin we deceive our self's and the truth is not in us. Yeah it really matters with "some" scriptures we know just who when why things were said.

See I never have these thoughts about I can lose my salvation or I can lose it. I was not promised ( I love this song I still believe by 7eventh Time Down". Again I was not promised tomorrow nor the next coming seconds so for me what matters is this "do you right now believe Yeshua/Jesus ( oh this is SO AWSOME. Well as I was typing now believe the song kept saying (I believe I believe I believe) remember we talked about God talking to us and how?

So..what matters is not tomorrow but right now.. right now do you believe Yeshua/Jesus Christ came in the flesh died on the cross for the worlds sin was buried rose the 3rd day is the only way to the Father? Your saved your His in His hands and His are in the Fathers. And knowing He leaves the 99 to go after the one.. how long is that? Yeah its not written how long it takes Him to find them and He has never ever lost. So today is the day of salvation. And so so sorry but our personal belief does not equal were right. Sorry I did my best here. I am no writer , speaker, speller..

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
Is God not able to chastise His children sometimes even unto death?

7 If[a] you endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom a father does not chasten?
Hebrews 12-6 - 11
I believe whole heartedly God chastises those He loves.
But the video mentioned only be punished at the time of Judgement (no rewards etc), not while on earth as your verse is talking about.

HeIsHere

May 21, 2022
I believe whole heartedly God chastises those He loves.
But the video mentioned only be punished at the time of Judgement (no rewards etc), not while on earth as your verse is talking about.
I will admit I did not watch the whole video only at the start (poor attention span, lol) I am curious now to go back and watch the full video now.

Thunderrr-mental

Dec 18, 2023
I will admit I did not watch the whole video only at the start (poor attention span, lol) I am curious now to go back and watch the full video now.
I think what's lost in the video is being saved is process before recieving completion of salvation.

Where as one of the things that can happen, as in God punishing you,.is before completion is complete 😊

This is what I'm suggesting

That for a time before completion, the light can be removed as punishment.