Chastisment

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Spokenpassage

I believe I am being chastised by our Father with either a huge guilt or pain within my soul. I believe it started a year ago after I had been in a really unrighteous relationship. This specifically did not necessarily happen right after. I have at last three ideas of why I am being punished.

I ask if you would pray for me, it has been afflicting more. Pray that the Lord shows me what I did or an not going and everything I need to know about this chastisment. Maybe it isn't chastisment, but I'll tell you it's not a physical feeling, more like a strong conviction like it's trying to let me know something.

Thank you for your time!

J

ji

I believe I am being chastised by our Father with either a huge guilt or pain within my soul. I believe it started a year ago after I had been in a really unrighteous relationship. This specifically did not necessarily happen right after. I have at last three ideas of why I am being punished.

I ask if you would pray for me, it has been afflicting more. Pray that the Lord shows me what I did or an not going and everything I need to know about this chastisment. Maybe it isn't chastisment, but I'll tell you it's not a physical feeling, more like a strong conviction like it's trying to let me know something.

Thank you for your time!
That means it breaks God's Heart to loose you.
Isn't that good? :)

God Loves you so much,and that's all you need to have in this life...rest is all vanity.
He Loved you first,so He will Chastise to be with you Eternally..and make you come closer to Him..

damombomb

Feb 27, 2011
And Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, Oh that you would bless me indeed, and enlarge my coast, and that your hand might be with me, and that you would keep me from evil, that it may not grieve me! And God granted him that which he requested.1 Chronicles 4:10

S

SabbieWabbie

There is NO condemnation in Christ Jesus.

He is not punishing you. God does not punish us. We might have consequences to our actions but that is not God punishing us.

Pray for God's forgiveness, and then forgive yourself. Pray for the strength to move on. He has cast your sins as far as the east is from the west.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
God doesn't use guilt, altho guilt can be a strong motivator. He does use conviction, guilt's higher-class cousin ;) . No, the difference is that He shows us where we're wrong. How we react to it is up to us. We can feel pitiful for the sins of the past, or we can confess them and be on our way. Hopefully wiser for the encounter. How do you confess things you may not know or remember? The Holy Spirit knows. If you yield to the Spirit and let Him pray thru you, you can speak to the mysteries you know not of. God usually confirms His word to us thru 2 or 3 witnesses, so if you think He's leading you some way He should confirm it somehow, and it should accord with scripture. But you'd be surprised at the things people accord to scripture these days. Oh that's right, you're here at CC ... you know! lol

You have to understand the power of sin. When you submit to a demon yanking on your leash, you empower it over you. Confession is the way you rebuke that. In God's mind, salvation forgiveness is a once per lifetime event, and the power of sin has no effect on it. But the power of sin in the here and now is that if you submit to an authority, you're submitted to an authority... until you rebuke it. So bring it before God, confess what you got dirty in, and pray the Blood of Christ be poured out upon and within you for the cleansing it brings in both spirit and body. And pray the Holy Spirit be poured out upon you as well, filling your spirit to be stronger against the flesh. Which I infer from the unrighteous relationship statement may be the problem.

You say this started about a year ago... that would be right after you joined here, right? I don't know about you but I know satan has thrown me several curve balls in an effort to keep me off of here. Every time I start feeling like this is a waste of time, I persevere thru and find it to be when I help people here the most. Not that I think that's happening to you, it's a different situation, but something to think of when you ponder these "guilty" feelings.

Lord God, thank You, thank You once again that we may come before You, to bring before You something You already know of... Spokenpassage has been a faithful servant here and has come to us seeking help. He confesses an unrighteous relationship and has in faith shown repentance - as he in faith wants to confess and be cleansed of the wrongs he does not even recall. Holy Spirit gift him with knowledge and discernment, bring to his mind the things he must shed in his heart, and wash him clean as he seeks and confesses You. Lord God, confirm Your word and will to him, that he might be sure of his path. And may angels be set about him, to occupy and fight off whatever enemy seeks to guilt him. For conviction, repentance, and forgiveness are Yours. Guilt is of the enemy, and in Jesus Name I command it's silence and bind it. And as Spokenpassage speaks his passages, you be cast off and left to wander the arid places. Lord God, thank You thank You that by the Blood of Your Son we are able to approach and lay these things before You. You are such an awesome God and we ask You to be awesome here. In Jesus Name, we amen.

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2014

Thank you for your time!

If you have repented for your unrighteousness, And asked for forgiveness, Then it isn't God who is chastising you.
And God doesn't chastise you with guilt or pain in your soul.
God chastises us through His word and Spirit, And the Greek meaning for, "Chastise", Is "To train".
Not to punish.

It could be your own conscience that is convicting you, And the devil is magnifying it.

If you ask God to forgive any wrong words, thoughts or actions that you have done, He will forgive and cleanse you from
ALL unrighteousness. 1 Jn 1: 9.

So, If you do that and trust that God has forgiven and cleansed you, You should have peace and joy.
And I will stand with you.

Then don't torment yourself or let the devil torment you.

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Lord i pray over this matter in Jesus let this be heard, Amen

Feb 21, 2014
There is NO condemnation in Christ Jesus.

He is not punishing you. God does not punish us. We might have consequences to our actions but that is not God punishing us.

Pray for God's forgiveness, and then forgive yourself. Pray for the strength to move on. He has cast your sins as far as the east is from the west.
Those who are in Christ Jesus are not condemned, right. (Romans 8.1)

Those He loves He also purges so that they may bear more fruit (John 15).

Blessings.