Chat Disconnection Increasing to annoyance.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

Richie_2uk

Grrrrrrr, the chat needs an over hall or deleting and have something better in it place or something, it is getting worse by the minute. it keeps disconnecting within 3 mins, its getting worse and its rather annoying. Specially if you praying for someone or talking to someone in private.

AlaynaJ

Staff member
Dec 15, 1999
I very rarely have a problem with this, Richie. Maybe once a day if that. Are you sure it is not your personal connection instead?

I do not know very many users who seem to be having any problems themselves. Some even leave their nicks in the room overnight, for hours and hours at a time and have no problem staying connected.

R

Richie_2uk

I very rarely have a problem with this, Richie. Maybe once a day if that. Are you sure it is not your personal connection instead?

I do not know very many users who seem to be having any problems themselves. Some even leave their nicks in the room overnight, for hours and hours at a time and have no problem staying connected.
Heya Alaynaj, I was speaking to a good few and they too were getting problems, I told them to say something, to let Roobo know, so he could look into it and do something, but they rather leave it to other ppl to say.

But I have checked my connection, seems to be no problem. I visit a few other sites that uses flash chat, and I don't get any of the problem than I do with this chat. In the forums its great, tho I know its nothing to do with the flash chat. But its just strange how the chat just keeps disconnecting.

I think other people should really open up and share there problems, but maybe they feel nothing would get done. im not sure. what ever there reasons, But they don't. So maybe that's why you wont see many people mentioning it.

I know chats will get the odd few glitches, but this is ridiculas. its only this chat is get the problem with, Anyways, I know Robo is doing all he can with this site. and I respect him for that. But something somewere is not right you know. I am not complaining, But just finding it rather annoying, specially when you speaking to people about something important or praying for someone. Im sure it will fix itself somehow, and it not every day I get this problem, but when its there, its a pain you know lol . anyways God bless Alaynaj.

D

djness

Really wish I could help you duplicate this. I sit in the chat for hours at a time, like up to 8 hours sometimes, and no disconnects. Also the chat tells you when someone has quit or entered a room and I don't see people mentioning it, nor do i see people consistently being dropped.

Unfortunately one of the worst words I ever had to hear being a tech is intermittent which usually meant I was never going to see it.

I don't think there is any sort of cover up from people to not report this, most users love to complain even when something is free, so I would think there would be more posts on the issue.

If you could actually get any of these other people to keep some sort of log or screenshot of when it happens maybe we could narrow it down, but as it is, we just have several threads from you with the same problem.

As it is I really don't know what to offer you on this, my internet tends to slow down in the evening with heavy use from the populace sometimes tt he point where chat lags a bit, but even then I don't get disconected.

Maybe you can find some sort of bandwidth monitoring program and see what is actually going on during those times.

Something like this maybe.

Bandwidth Monitor - Monitor Bandwidth, Network Bandwidth Monitor, Bandwidth Monitor Software

R

Richie_2uk

Really wish I could help you duplicate this. I sit in the chat for hours at a time, like up to 8 hours sometimes, and no disconnects. Also the chat tells you when someone has quit or entered a room and I don't see people mentioning it, nor do i see people consistently being dropped.

Unfortunately one of the worst words I ever had to hear being a tech is intermittent which usually meant I was never going to see it.

I don't think there is any sort of cover up from people to not report this, most users love to complain even when something is free, so I would think there would be more posts on the issue.

If you could actually get any of these other people to keep some sort of log or screenshot of when it happens maybe we could narrow it down, but as it is, we just have several threads from you with the same problem.

As it is I really don't know what to offer you on this, my internet tends to slow down in the evening with heavy use from the populace sometimes tt he point where chat lags a bit, but even then I don't get disconected.

Maybe you can find some sort of bandwidth monitoring program and see what is actually going on during those times.

Something like this maybe.

Bandwidth Monitor - Monitor Bandwidth, Network Bandwidth Monitor, Bandwidth Monitor Software
Thanks DJness. I'm not complaining as such, as it don't happen like everyday. However when I tell people in the room, I'm having connection probs, they always in return tell me that they were having the same earlier or they too are having the same. So that's when I ask have they said anything to the Mods or admin, they say in return, nahh! don't want to bother, it will right itself some how and all that, so people do, just they dont't want to say. I guess its up to them really.

But thanks anyways for your suggestion. I will look into that. see what happening with the bandwidth. Just find it annoying. God bless and thanks again..........