Cheating husband

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

Lindsey14

Hello! I am new here and seeking advise. I recently found out my husband has been having an emotional affair. He will tell me he still loves me and doesn't want a divorce but at the same time is continuing his relationship with this other woman. I want our marriage to work and am willing to forgive but I don't know if he feels the same and he will not talk about it.

U

Ugly

Hello! I am new here and seeking advise. I recently found out my husband has been having an emotional affair. He will tell me he still loves me and doesn't want a divorce but at the same time is continuing his relationship with this other woman. I want our marriage to work and am willing to forgive but I don't know if he feels the same and he will not talk about it.
Perhaps this should be moved to the Family forums, where the other divorce posts are, rather than asking Singles about your marriage.

Sep 6, 2013
I'm really sorry this happened, Lindsey. Same thing happened to me, growing into an actual affair and worse. You caught it early, which is good. He does need to be willing to give the woman up, cut off all contact with her, in order to stop the damage and start to repair your marriage. As scary as it is, you may need to give him an ultimatum. You are welcome to PM me to talk about this further. My internet is down right now (I'm at my office but am leaving soon) but I should be back on-line by tomorrow night. I am praying now for your marriage. I'd love to tell you that this is nothing serious, but unfortunately it is, especially if he's refusing to stop. It's good that you are taking it seriously.

SparkleEyes

Mar 23, 2013
Get both of you to a licensed well recommended Christian counselor for regular counseling. A pastor is good place to start, but NOT the best person to help the two of you work it out.

Marriage is hard work. Harder than dating. Many people think they can start coasting and get too comfortable after they are married. Something is not working in the marriage and you need to figure out what it is.

Believe me, I have been there and know your pain.

Oh, and keep praying. Praying together would be a good idea. :cool:

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Moved from Singles.

B

brokenclay

Hello Lindsey. Its amazing how so many couples; either the husband or the wife take their spouse for granted and have an affair. Then they come up with excuses like; I was abused before,you didn't show me any love so I went to bed with someone else, and many other lame excused. While crushing their spouses heart. I feel for you. Keep pressing him for answers. That's not right to ignore you and reject you. He swore an oath at the alter to love and cherish you. If possible ask your pastor to speak with him. Praying God will turn your husbands heart back to Him and you. Praying any emotions he has for this other woman will die immediately. Praying you both will be wiser and hold each other up in daily prayer. Trust God. Tell him everthing. Stay blessed.__Larry.

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
Has he confessed to an emotional affair?

Work on building up the marriage relationship...ask him if there's something that you have done or not done that has put emotional distance between you. Not that this is an excuse to turn to another woman, but it will hopefully get some things out in the open. It's hard to deal with problems that remain hidden. Plan to spend quality time together...a positive time to build each other up; not to criticize.

It's easy to get resentful and this will just makes things worse. A marriage counselor is wonderful for opening up communication lines.

Husbands really need to feel needed :). And they desire our respect. Of course, this is true for both spouses but observing my own husband, I've noticed that he really does need my approval, even when he seems to be 'macho' and independent and doesn't need anyone's approval. It took me awhile to realize this.

Praying for you both...love, forgiveness, and the leading of the Holy Spirit in your relationship :).

E

emptymailbag

Ms Lindsey... I truly feel for you. Do a little search on the forums and you will find my story, how I have tried to relay all of what has happened in my life over the last few months.

As a man, I am on the other side of the equation from you, but we are BOTH in a similar equation none-the-less.

What you are going through, what you will go through, is THE most difficult thing that I have EVER been through. You can make it, you just have to be strong. You will be asked to be stronger than you ever thought you could be, but God WILL see you through this. Use that fire that you had when you first met your husband, that connection that you shared, use anything and everything that is good about your relationship. It is more important to me to help my wife and I repair our marriage, than it is about what got us to where we are that caused her to fall. MY job is to lift her up, yes, to hold my spouse accountable as well, but it is my job to be her greatest supporter.

Funny, my wife just texted me while I was typing this and said, "Thank you for being a better person/spouse than me." My response, "I am truly confused. I look to you for my inspiration... I am far from 'stronger'... if anything, this has proved to me how weak I truly am. I know that I couldn't do this without you... what would be the point in trying."

Having your husband cut off ALL ties to that other person, is ABSOLUTELY critical to being able to mend and repair your marriage. From my own personal experience, that is going to be extremely hard for your husband to do... as it was for my wife. She initially said she would, but she she didn't follow through. She said she would again, but I found that she had more trouble again. It is a really horrible emotional roller-coaster ride.

Be strong, even when it is more than you think you can bear. Hold to your faith, God will be there when you need strength. Seek a Christian counselor, and when he says he doesn't want to continue, strongly urge him to do so... at the VERY least, YOU continue. You WILL be tempted to allow him more leeway... I will STRONGLY caution you against that. My wife came around to seeing the need for the counseling, once she saw me taking my frustrations out on a hanging bag and seeing me drift in thoughts when I thought no one was around.

It took me a while, but I finally realized that there is nothing that one spouse can do that deserves another spouse to cheat on them. It is THE most hurtful thing that someone may go through. The intimate secrets that get shared between the spouse and their "friend", cuts to your core. The cheating spouse cannot understand that hurt, no matter how hard you try to make them understand, no matter how much you wish they could. Those feelings of betrayal and the lies that follow are some of the most difficult moments, they test your resolve. But in my case, and I hope this is mirrored in your case as well... I am thankful that my wife will NEVER know that pain. But I am also equally thankful that I am the one who gets to help her through her pain, and to be there on the other side when she does come through.

She means the world to me, and I am honored that God gave her to me... I am thankful that He trusts me to be there for her, supporting, waiting, and lifting her. How could someone do anything less with the gift He gave to you? She is my jewel, she is more precious than gold.

Have a blessed day,
-emptymailbag

Agricola

Dec 10, 2012
Emotional Affair, please, no matter how much it is played down it is still an affair and still adultry and grounds for divorce. I am willing to bet its more than just an emotional affair as well. Liars and cheats will not give honest confessions, its damage limitation exercise.

Sep 6, 2013
Emotional Affair, please, no matter how much it is played down it is still an affair and still adultry and grounds for divorce. I am willing to bet its more than just an emotional affair as well. Liars and cheats will not give honest confessions, its damage limitation exercise.
Sadly, this is often true. We don't always know people as well as we think we do. My main concern is his refusal to give up the affair. He doesn't seem to be showing a spirit of conviction or regret for this relationship. I hope things turn out okay for the OP.