Checking for a Fake

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
H

Hobbes360

So, after a decent amount of experience in the chat room, it's amazing how many people I've found you seem to want to misrepresent themselves. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with keeping your identity to yourself, but that can simply be done by not using an avatar or using some general photo. Instead, many choose to use to photo of another person and present themselves as that person. My personal favorite was a lady from California who was using a photo of Miss Colombia 2007 and then proceeded (for about 15 minutes) to say that it really was her.

With that said, here's a simple way to help protect yourself. It's not a foolproof way to do so, but it's a good place to start:
Google Images allows you to search for a photo much like you would do any other search. You can click and drag an image from most webpages or from your computer onto the Google images search and you will see the search bar expand to say "Drop Image Here". Do so and it will search for any similar images. For images that you can't click and drag, you can use your computer's snipping tool to turn the image into something searchable. In Windows, just search for "Snipping Tool" and use the program to highlight the part of your screen you want to "snip". You can then save the image onto your computer and then do the same click and drag action into Google images.

A word for warning: many of the photos that I've found ladies like to use to misrepresent themselves are taken from incredibly inappropriate websites.

Be careful out there. Yes, it's a Christian website, but there are a large amount of very disturbed people out there who have no problem lying for extended periods of time.

Cheers.

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
Why does someone's appearance matter to you so much? Chances are you won't meet them.

If they misrepresent them self it's their problem. Not yours.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
Perhaps Hobbes is single and wants to meet them? And I think he's saying women are using unrighteous sex appeal to attract attention. You're single aren't you Liz? Maybe he's brave enough!

:)

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
Perhaps Hobbes is single and wants to meet them? And I think he's saying women are using unrighteous sex appeal to attract attention. You're single aren't you Liz? Maybe he's brave enough!

:)
Lol. I'm actually in a relationship. I don't meet ppl online anyway, but I have been in chat on webcam acting a fool so my identity has been verified by many. Not that I'm worried about ppl doubting me.

I just don't sweat others identity. But that's just me.

H

Hobbes360

Why does someone's appearance matter to you so much? Chances are you won't meet them.

If they misrepresent them self it's their problem. Not yours.
If you're good wasting your time getting to know people who don't exist. By all means. Enjoy.

M

MelissaSky

that would bother me too if someone was being decieving to me in that way. back when i was like 15/16 i saw like 3 fake myspace pages with MY face.

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
that would bother me too if someone was being decieving to me in that way. back when i was like 15/16 i saw like 3 fake myspace pages with MY face.
I found a fake Facebook profile with my photo thanks to image search.

Unfortunately it's almost impossible to have it removed. As a matter of fact it's still there.

D

Donkeyfish07

I don't see why it matters. CC isn't a dating site. If someone wants to pretend they're queen latifa that's fine with me. lol

M

MelissaSky

I found a fake Facebook profile with my photo thanks to image search.

Unfortunately it's almost impossible to have it removed. As a matter of fact it's still there.

i tried to report one of the fake profiles but still, nothing. she used the name "Kesha" from bronx, new york lol.

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
i tried to report one of the fake profiles but still, nothing. she used the name "Kesha" from bronx, new york lol.
Now I apparently have 2 twitter accounts. I've never used twitter. Ever.

One photo shows up under someone named Betty.
And a few other forums I've never heard of.

I'm learning so much about myself too.
Including one photo of me years ago. My whole name, number, addresses, and birthdate.
I'm just wide open apparently.

There's also a photo of my son and me on Pinterest. I don't use Pinterest.

I'm pretty ticked right now

Feb 11, 2012
So, after a decent amount of experience in the chat room, it's amazing how many people I've found you seem to want to misrepresent themselves. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with keeping your identity to yourself, but that can simply be done by not using an avatar or using some general photo. Instead, many choose to use to photo of another person and present themselves as that person. My personal favorite was a lady from California who was using a photo of Miss Colombia 2007 and then proceeded (for about 15 minutes) to say that it really was her.

With that said, here's a simple way to help protect yourself. It's not a foolproof way to do so, but it's a good place to start:
Google Images allows you to search for a photo much like you would do any other search. You can click and drag an image from most webpages or from your computer onto the Google images search and you will see the search bar expand to say "Drop Image Here". Do so and it will search for any similar images. For images that you can't click and drag, you can use your computer's snipping tool to turn the image into something searchable. In Windows, just search for "Snipping Tool" and use the program to highlight the part of your screen you want to "snip". You can then save the image onto your computer and then do the same click and drag action into Google images.

A word for warning: many of the photos that I've found ladies like to use to misrepresent themselves are taken from incredibly inappropriate websites.

Be careful out there. Yes, it's a Christian website, but there are a large amount of very disturbed people out there who have no problem lying for extended periods of time.

Cheers.
I wouldnt be surprised. most who profess Christ today are imposters, living the lie, having a form of godliness but denying the power of God over sin, temptation and the devil! How they act and behave has no bearing on their salvation as the wolves constantly tell them, so it just amazes me on this professed Christian forum to see many act no better than those of the word, no holiness, no seperation, and if you tell them they must repent and seek the mercy of God, they call you a legalist, mean and hateful! What a mess!

Gal 6:7 Do not be deceived, God is not mocked. For whatever a man sows, that he also will reap.
Gal 6:8 For he sowing to his flesh will reap corruption from the flesh. But he sowing to the Spirit will reap life everlasting from the Spirit.

M

MelissaSky

Now I apparently have 2 twitter accounts. I've never used twitter. Ever.

One photo shows up under someone named Betty.
And a few other forums I've never heard of.

I'm learning so much about myself too.
Including one photo of me years ago. My whole name, number, addresses, and birthdate.
I'm just wide open apparently.

There's also a photo of my son and me on Pinterest. I don't use Pinterest.

I'm pretty ticked right now
dang that sucks:/ its so annoying.

U

Ugly

I don't see why it matters. CC isn't a dating site. If someone wants to pretend they're queen latifa that's fine with me. lol
Who said anything about dating? When you befriend someone you like to think they are who they claim to be. What kind of friendship could be formed by someone lying to you right from the start?

I stumbled on this facebook profile once, with this really pretty woman for an avatar. Its obvious this woman was representing this as her identity. On a hunch i used the google image search to search the picture. Same picture came up on an Australian Christian dating site. The profile listed two different physical descriptions of the woman, one that matched the pic, one that didn't. Also, the locations between the dating site and the FB were two completely different countries.
I didn't it out of boredom and curiosity, more than concern, but it was an interesting experience nonetheless.

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
Tee hee now I am addicted to this.
Oh this is fun

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
True, CC isn't a dating site, but I wouldn't fault any singles perusing the singles forum from hoping.

But it's also about honesty. CC should be an honesty site, frankly if you can't be honest about who you are you shouldn't be here.

L

libertygirl

A creeper's nightmare. I love it. :D Thank you for sharing!