Chef ticked $2,000 for feeding homeless

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 7, 2015
Im with you, trucks arent the issue, given they werent even around at the time Jesus speaks of making a feast for the poor, and its not like they had refrigeration or any of that back in the day, so just to have a truck (for speed alone) is way more then what they had back in that day.

The homeless either starve or eat out of dumbsters, those who make the laws in this country are not worried about first class treatment of them.

I even called the township some time back concerning buying one of those tiny homes (recall I was looking into those?) but before I jumpd into it I called about the zoning laws, and they ended up being violation for too many of their laws, and for just about every location, its nuts. Like its not connected to a septic system, or something like that, and I was like, it has a composting toilet (which doesnt need that) and dumb things like that which they really didnt know what to say except to read from their big books of stupid codes. The other issue wasnt life liberty and the pursuit of happiness for you it was about bringing down your neighbors property value (though yur home might be smaller even mobile) it was just retarded. It was for the rich (even though you might not covet having alot) your little would negatively affect them. I mean just call your counties up about those cute little (affordable houses) called tiny homes, people desire (just to live simply) its crazy.

There were even folks who were coming up with those, or that which is lesser to house the homeless who are running into the same problems (zoning laws, illegal materials) and all the rest of the bogus violations.

These parade around as if they are just laws, I sure dont see them as being that way. Laws that make it almost impossible to allow the homeless to have cover for themselves, even something as small as a dumpster even? I recall hearing there some other law about making it illegal for homeless to cover themselves in one state, Im not sure if that was true, but I was watching videos where the homelesses tents were being cut up by police in various states, simply because no one wanted to see them (or be reminded that they were there). I watched as mans tent in the woods being destroyed who lived there because someone took a walk and reported that there was a strange man who lived in a tent and his covering was taken away. That along with cities of tents of homeless being destroyed, shows these things on youtube.

Its discusting what people are comfortable will allow for as laws to be made which would make those without anything at all (not even a place to lay their heads) even more uncomfortable? Thats just pathetic.

I will only rant to continue.
Yeah I've seen the destruction of the homeless camps on a show I watched not too long ago. And these camps were outside the city, and not seen by the public eye but deemed to be a "danger" to society. And yes they make all those codes and rules and permits for several reasons, like charging fees for this, that and the other thing just because they covet the money more than loving their neighbor.

It's obvious to me how all these new laws are meant to oppress the poor and homeless, not to help or have compassion. In that one article I posted it showed a big increase in these types of laws in cities around the country.

Here's a quote ..... "Citywide bans on things that homeless people need to do to survive are on the rise, according to a new report by the National Law Center on Homelessness & Poverty. Key findings from the center's survey of 187 U.S. cities show that since 2011:

• Citywide bans on camping in public have increased by 60 percent.
  • Citywide bans on begging have increased by 25 percent.
  • Citywide bans on loitering, loafing, and vagrancy have increased by 35 percent.
  • Citywide bans on sitting or lying down in particular public places have increased by 43 percent.
  • Bans on sleeping in vehicles have increased by 119 percent.

BANS ON SLEEPING IN VEHICLES????? IS THIS AMERICA???

F

FridaysChild

The twisted thing is this: the police most likely appeared and ticketed her because someone complained.

I would bet money on that.

Someone, somewhere, probably complained because she was feeding homeless people.
"No good deed rarely goes unpunished."

(underlining rarely as includes exceptions because some literalist will undoubtedly try to debate this quote) :rolleyes:

Jan 7, 2015

It would be better than dozens getting sick and one or two dying, wouldn't it? <-- asked for a 2nd time
So starving the homeless to death would be better than dozens getting sick? HUMMMMM.... honestly, I can't believe a Christian would say that.

D

DesiredHaven

Yeah I've seen the destruction of the homeless camps on a show I watched not too long ago. And these camps were outside the city, and not seen by the public eye but deemed to be a "danger" to society. And yes they make all those codes and rules and permits for several reasons, like charging fees for this, that and the other thing just because they covet the money more than loving their neighbor.

It's obvious to me how all these new laws are meant to oppress the poor and homeless, not to help or have compassion. In that one article I posted it showed a big increase in these types of laws in cities around the country.

Here's a quote ..... "Citywide bans on things that homeless people need to do to survive are on the rise, according to a new report by the National Law Center on Homelessness & Poverty. Key findings from the center's survey of 187 U.S. cities show that since 2011:

• Citywide bans on camping in public have increased by 60 percent.
  • Citywide bans on begging have increased by 25 percent.
  • Citywide bans on loitering, loafing, and vagrancy have increased by 35 percent.
  • Citywide bans on sitting or lying down in particular public places have increased by 43 percent.
  • Bans on sleeping in vehicles have increased by 119 percent.

BANS ON SLEEPING IN VEHICLES????? IS THIS AMERICA???
I knew there were policY INforcers (or rather, policEE officers) harassing people in their tents and even their vehicles. I havent heard much on that since.

I recall a time of just watching all these videos and searching for solutions, I even thought (given the times we live in and the economy) that it would be wise to scale way down (being willing) and that is when I starting looking into those tiny houses. At first, I thought, wow perfect I could live in something under 100 square feet, what peace of mind such a place would bring at one level because you would be forsaking being a slave to your own home (and all the outrageous bills that come with owning a larger one). I thought, this is a great idea, and for those not attached to their goods who dont have children, it could be a perfect solution to things.

Without even thinking of the law and codes one has to do with (or even the connections between the buying of properties and/or the minimumal amounts of it) in order to either build /or park upon the same. Thats when those zoning laws come to the surface which would pretty much stand in your way of doing these things (on our own end) as well as the homeless if you wanted to keep things to the bare minimum. The laws protect the richer not the poorer.

And it was really overwhelming to me because I would to forsake this place (as you already know) I couldnt (because of the husband). And then you know what turned into some other issues on our end here. So, I just couldnt leave this place fast enough, still cant. Although, I understand, he tells me, I will not fit in one of those tiny houses they are closets I will feel claustrophic, especially with me (so, I thought, okay, I couldnt blame him there) so I said, we'll get chu one with the sale of the house (so we will have separate quarters how's that? ) LOL

Anyway that was a no go (with him) But it was after looking into these very things (in my own desire to scale way way down) that all these other things (the zoning, codes and various dumb laws) come into the picture and they were like bindings or nooses surrounding the whole decision.

And then I was like, man, this is just not good at all.

Watch it start to be easier once someone can profit even more from them. Thats what happens, something becomes profitable to someone who can shift the policies (with more money) always a rich guy, and the housing that was once affordable will become discustingly expensive, but what other choice will you have at that point, and then the good thing, is no longer valuable for the initial good purpose (for the poor) but to rake in big bucks for the rich off of it.

I think about this alot, it really bothers me, I was wrangling with my own township over their laws. It would be illegal for Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob to set up a tent Im guessing?

It just seems illegal to do anything in any kind of last resort (out of funds) manner.

Maybe if you can find a prefabricated den or cave?

Like these did in Hebrews 11 :38 they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented;
(Of whom the world was not worthy ) they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, andin dens and caves of the earth.

I wouldnt mind one of these

D

DesiredHaven

So starving the homeless to death would be better than dozens getting sick? HUMMMMM.... honestly, I can't believe a Christian would say that.
They eat out of dumpsters regularly, its amazing most of them dont have a bout with food poisoning daily. A mixture of items go into the trash (including real poisons) with old food (that is often spoiled) which is why it makes it into the trash.

Its sickening, allthe good this chef does how its returned in that manner likely by those who do nothing but make policies to fine you by.

And Im sure this chef (with a good heart) and who had used this particular truck in that one time (for whatever the reason) did the best they could with the situation. Its was not as if it was a habit on his/her part. And, maybe the other truck was getting fixed? Maybe he/she thought, the food was fresh enough to make it just fine and would rather risk getting them a meal then letting them go hungry? While folks (who probaly do nothing to feed the poor) justify her penalty for feeding the poor in a truck not up to the dumb code for a meal (sheesh...)

Jan 7, 2015
I knew there were policY INforcers (or rather, policEE officers) harassing people in their tents and even their vehicles. I havent heard much on that since.

I recall a time of just watching all these videos and searching for solutions, I even thought (given the times we live in and the economy) that it would be wise to scale way down (being willing) and that is when I starting looking into those tiny houses. At first, I thought, wow perfect I could live in something under 100 square feet, what peace of mind such a place would bring at one level because you would be forsaking being a slave to your own home (and all the outrageous bills that come with owning a larger one). I thought, this is a great idea, and for those not attached to their goods who dont have children, it could be a perfect solution to things.

Without even thinking of the law and codes one has to do with (or even the connections between the buying of properties and/or the minimumal amounts of it) in order to either build /or park upon the same. Thats when those zoning laws come to the surface which would pretty much stand in your way of doing these things (on our own end) as well as the homeless if you wanted to keep things to the bare minimum. The laws protect the richer not the poorer.

And it was really overwhelming to me because I would to forsake this place (as you already know) I couldnt (because of the husband). And then you know what turned into some other issues on our end here. So, I just couldnt leave this place fast enough, still cant. Although, I understand, he tells me, I will not fit in one of those tiny houses they are closets I will feel claustrophic, especially with me (so, I thought, okay, I couldnt blame him there) so I said, we'll get chu one with the sale of the house (so we will have separate quarters how's that? ) LOL

Anyway that was a no go (with him) But it was after looking into these very things (in my own desire to scale way way down) that all these other things (the zoning, codes and various dumb laws) come into the picture and they were like bindings or nooses surrounding the whole decision.

And then I was like, man, this is just not good at all.

Watch it start to be easier once someone can profit even more from them. Thats what happens, something becomes profitable to someone who can shift the policies (with more money) always a rich guy, and the housing that was once affordable will become discustingly expensive, but what other choice will you have at that point, and then the good thing, is no longer valuable for the initial good purpose (for the poor) but to rake in big bucks for the rich off of it.

I think about this alot, it really bothers me, I was wrangling with my own township over their laws. It would be illegal for Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob to set up a tent Im guessing?

It just seems illegal to do anything in any kind of last resort (out of funds) manner.

Maybe if you can find a prefabricated den or cave?

Like these did in Hebrews 11 :38 they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented;
(Of whom the world was not worthy ) they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, andin dens and caves of the earth.

I wouldnt mind one of these

Hey, now that looks cozy. LOL When I came up here to the mountains in TN 6 years ago and built my shack there were hardly any building codes, except for septic and electric. Now, because of money and greed there are all kinds of codes and fees, even my taxes on the property has doubled since I've been here.

It is written, the earth is the Lords and everything that is in it. But men and governments believe it is theirs, and so they charge taxes and fees on everything, even when a person owns his own property. If you build anything on it you are supposed to get permission and pay them for a permit to do it. If I hunt I have to pay them to hunt, if I fish I have to pay them to fish, and now if you want to feed the homeless on public property you have to pay them to do so now as well.

But the Lord will judge, and the meek shall inherit the earth. :)

Jan 7, 2015
They eat out of dumpsters regularly, its amazing most of them dont have a bout with food poisoning daily. A mixture of items go into the trash (including real poisons) with old food (that is often spoiled) which is why it makes it into the trash.

Its sickening, allthe good this chef does how its returned in that manner likely by those who do nothing but make policies to fine you by.

And Im sure this chef (with a good heart) and who had used this particular truck in that one time (for whatever the reason) did the best they could with the situation. Its was not as if it was a habit on his/her part. And, maybe the other truck was getting fixed? Maybe he/she thought, the food was fresh enough to make it just fine and would rather risk getting them a meal then letting them go hungry? While folks (who probaly do nothing to feed the poor) justify her penalty for feeding the poor in a truck not up to the dumb code for a meal (sheesh...)
They were just using that for an excuse, the problem is widespread as is shown in all those articles.

N

nw2u

Yep. You know there will be those who will attempt to give them spoiled food, either by accident or on purpose. Actually, she gives chefs and her place of work/business a bad name doing that. When I first read the article, I felt bad for the homeless not having food, but it's very important not to make them ill. If the police let one go, they may have to let more pass.

Health Department Regulations are to prevent tainted/spoiled food stuffs from being served to and consumed by the public at large, not just the homeless. Here is some info...........

To assure that food stuffs are maintained at a safe temperature to avoid spoilage, they must meet these required temperatures:

Raw, uncooked meats, poultry products, certain salad products such as lettuce, and other specified food stuffs must be held at a temperature of 40 degrees or below

Cooked foods meant to be served as hot meals must be held at a temperature of 140 degrees or higher

Food stuffs not properly cared for will begin to spoil within just a few minutes, and are not safe to consume by anyone. Food poisoning is not a pleasant thing to endure.............especially for the homeless who would not have the resources to seek and receive proper medical treatment should they contract it from consuming tainted foods.

She must be aware of this if she is a Chef.

D

DesiredHaven

Hey, now that looks cozy. LOL When I came up here to the mountains in TN 6 years ago and built my shack there were hardly any building codes, except for septic and electric. Now, because of money and greed there are all kinds of codes and fees, even my taxes on the property has doubled since I've been here.

It is written, the earth is the Lords and everything that is in it. But men and governments believe it is theirs, and so they charge taxes and fees on everything, even when a person owns his own property. If you build anything on it you are supposed to get permission and pay them for a permit to do it. If I hunt I have to pay them to hunt, if I fish I have to pay them to fish, and now if you want to feed the homeless on public property you have to pay them to do so now as well.

But the Lord will judge, and the meek shall inherit the earth. :)
The insane looks sane these days I suppose.

You should upload a pic of your little shack its adorable LOL

You did a good job with it ( I cant believe they have the nerve to hike the tax on your closet) LOL

roxxyroller

Mar 16, 2015
Did you all know that Jon Bon Jovi has a restaurant where the poor can earn their free meals by either paying a little bit of what they can afford, or if they cannot give any money, then they just work at the restaurant a little bit like washing dishes, etc? Off topic, but I think that is really great of him to do that!!!!!

"JBJ Soul Kitchen is a community restaurant with no prices on the menu; customers donate to pay for their meal. If you are unable to donate you may do volunteer work in exchange for your family’s meal."

Hats off to him!!!!!!

Jon Bon Jovi Soul Kitchen

Jan 7, 2015
You should upload a pic of your little shack its adorable LOL

You did a good job with it ( I cant believe they have the nerve to hike the tax on your closet) LOL
You kidding, I'd be too embarrassed. LOL Besides I don't have a digital camera, or know how to upload a pic. LOL (good excuse) :)

Jan 7, 2015
Did you all know that Jon Bon Jovi has a restaurant where the poor can earn their free meals by either paying a little bit of what they can afford, or if they cannot give any money, then they just work at the restaurant a little bit like washing dishes, etc? Off topic, but I think that is really great of him to do that!!!!!

"JBJ Soul Kitchen is a community restaurant with no prices on the menu; customers donate to pay for their meal. If you are unable to donate you may do volunteer work in exchange for your family’s meal."

Hats off to him!!!!!!

Jon Bon Jovi Soul Kitchen
I think that's a great idea, thanks for sharing. :)

V

Viligant_Warrior

I can't believe you're that blind. Done here.

D

DesiredHaven

You kidding, I'd be too embarrassed. LOL Besides I don't have a digital camera, or know how to upload a pic. LOL (good excuse) :)
Yeah but I could do it for ya
( cause I gots a picture and I gota a scanner ) LOL!

I wouldnt though, I was just suggesting LOL I would have asked first, I just think its adorable

Build me one LOL