Chicken Hearts :)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

BillyTheKid

Feb 17, 2009
Really easy recipe for ya. You can pick up chicken hearts and gizzards at most groceries store meat departments. I usually throw out the gizzards unless there is a very small amount of hearts in the package. If you do keep them trim off the skin with a knife before cooking them. Now, first you need a pot of boilling water. Then you want to take the hearts and gizzards and trim the skin off of the gizzards. Next rinse them off (you don't want to eat dirty chicken.) I normally cut off the tops of the of hearts as well. Put all of them in to the boiling water. Let them cook until the blood comes to the top of the water. When that happens drain and dump the water and start with a fresh batch of boiling water. Bring it to a boil again until the chicken is almost cooked all the way through. Get some flour about 3/4 of a cup or so and put it in a sandwich bag (ziploc). Throw some pepper, garlic, and salt to season the flour. I normally throw some Cavender's Greek Seasoning in with it (about a tablespoon). After draining the water put the hearts and gizzards in the bag and zip it shut. Shake the chicken around until all the pieces are covered with the flour mix. Let the chicken sit for a minute in the bag and get a skillet nice and hot with some crisco in it. Once the skillet is hot throw those babies in there until they are nice and golden brown. Remove from the skillet, put it on a plate and enjoy!!!! And Remember chicken is dangerous. Make sure you clean each dish or utensil as soon as you are done using it. Same with the skillet and pot. You will have a few minutes while the meat cools to clean up :)

leelee

Sep 5, 2011
um chicken hearts are tiny. how many innocent hens died for you meal?

BillyTheKid

Feb 17, 2009
Not sure, but it was delicious. I am sure someone else finished off the rest of the chicken

Oct 7, 2011
Oh man. I can't wait to hurry on over to the butcher and grab me a jumbo bag of chicken hearts so I can try out this recipe!

Puke!

;) Question: Do you serve the chicken hearts with a side of green beans?

Jul 13, 2009
I'll copy this recipee but I'll replace the words heart and gizzard with just chicken.

BillyTheKid

Feb 17, 2009
Bridget you are a siner for eating green beans and henry hahahaha it isnt the same!!!!

Jul 13, 2009
I know it isn't the same Billy...chicken is better than guts! lol

Jun 19, 2011
adjust this meal to a 2 pound level, and use Beef heart, or depending on your macho neighbor, venison. Excellent. works for me!

P

perdonato

All I got out of this was "chicken is dangerous." Now I don't know what to think.