CHOICES

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

simplyme_bekah

JESUS IS LORD The Way, The Truth, The Life
CHOICES
But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful, for he had great possessions. Matthew 19:22

Your life is the sum of the responses you have made toward God. Once God makes Himself known to you, what you do next is your decision. Your reaction reflects what you believe about Him. The rich, young ruler lived a moral life. He was well versed in Scripture and the laws of God. But his response to Jesus’ invitation clearly showed that, although he possessed a head knowledge of the teachings of God, he did not know God in an experiential way that could be demonstrated by a response of faith (Matt. 19:16-22).

Whenever the Lord speaks to you, it will require an adjustment in your life. This truth can dramatically affect your prayer life. Every time you pray you must be aware that if God answers your prayer and reveals His will to you, it will immediately require you to reorient your life. Each time you read your Bible, you must to be prepared to obey what God tells you. Why did God use Peter and James and John so significantly to turn their world upside down? And why were others, like the rich, young ruler, never heard from again? Choices! The disciples chose to believe, and their belief was proven by their obedience. The rich, young ruler could not bring himself to obey, and Scripture tells us that he “went away sorrowful.”

You are faced with the same question as the rich, young ruler. What adjustments are you willing to make in order to respond positively to Christ?

Blackaby Ministries

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
very interesting post, I don't know what it is god wants me to do right now other than get closer to him and read his word. But it would be fantastic if I was as close to jesus as is beloved deciples

S

simplyme_bekah

very interesting post, I don't know what it is god wants me to do right now other than get closer to him and read his word. But it would be fantastic if I was as close to jesus as is beloved deciples
You know one thing I pray every day is "Lord please let me be the apple of your eye and hide me under your wing" if you just keep talking to him (and for me I listened to klove online while He was drawing me closer to Him) and don't give up no matter what temptation the devil throws at you even if you fall for it (and you will cause your human) don't stop trying to have a relationship with Him. When you do fall for temptation whatever you do do not let the shame keep you from reaching for him because he already knows ALL of the sins you will commit in this life time and he still loves you. The way I look at falling for temptation and sin is that it is another opportunity to repent and reach up for him again and to try my hardest to do better next time. The devil is good at using shame to put distance between you and God. DONT fall for it! Its a lie. Hence the master of all lies.
If you keep reaching for Him and you don't give up He will change your life forever and ever and ever in the most beautiful of ways.