Christ Has Set Us Free ( Gal.6 )

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

DustyRhodes

Dec 30, 2016
e Are No Longer Burdened By Slavery,

So we wonder what that burden was; it was the chains
of the old law. We are no longer shackled by that yoke.
The old law led to death and so to be tethered to the old
law is putting a burden on us that was removed by Christ
crucified. Scripture says: Christ is of no value to those
who feel obligated to the old law. We have been freed
by Christ and His two commandments which are : Love
the Lord your God and Love your neighbor as yourself.
To that end scripture says Love fulfils all the law. Some
feel we are still under the ten commandments but Jesus
not only fulfilled all of that law but made it eve more sever.
For example, Jesus said the old commandment says you
shall not kill; but I say anyone who is angry at his neighbor
has already broken that law. So in saying love fulfils all the
law does not makes us beneath the law but above the law.
To that end, we are living in the Spirit and no longer living
in the flesh.

Jimbone

Aug 22, 2014
Let us not forget directly before this He says in,
Matt 5:17-20
17“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished. 19Therefore whoever relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.,
then He goes on to say in Matt 5:21-22,

21“You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not murder; and whoever murders will be liable to judgment.’ 22But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment"

And then goes on to say the same about lust, divorce, oaths, and retaliation.
He is separating the things of the flesh from the things of the Spirit, telling them the problem isn't only the physical act of killing your neighbor, the anger in your heart is where the sin resides.

Being reborn in spirit does not "free us" from the law, in my experience, it give us the ability to love and treasure His law and rule. Please don't misunderstand, we are absolutely freed from ALL condemnation, we are reconciled to our almighty Creator and made whole, we are no longer in rebellion against our almighty God. We are now at peace with God, by His grace, through the atonement His Son Jesus, that lay down His life for the glory of His name, to reconcile His people to Himself as He promised He would, and all while we were still sinners. Oh my goodness praise the name of Jesus, our savior and King!!!!

I understand the point you're trying to make, we are free from all condemnation, but I personally think Gods law is amazing and the very meaning and source of TRUTH. Gods law is part of the objective truth of creation, we are no longer oppressed and crushed by it, but now rejoice and praise His name for it, for it flows from Him into us through His Spirit.

Sometimes I think we get a little too scared that sin remains sin, and facing our sin in truth is a hard thing. That is why we NEED Jesus, without Him we can't hope to change it. I personally had to be crushed mentally, physically, and emotionally before I could throw up my white flag surrendering "my way".

Anyway I just wanted to add some extra perspective on the same topic, thanks for the topic to think about, and have a great day.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
I will never believe while this age endures that the laws are not to be obeyed. Yes, when we should break one we yet obey in the spirit, but Jesus says in plain words, not to teach against the law.

Now all must learn just how they apply according to His teaching. He does not lie. He came to fulfill the law and not abolish it. All the laws that are the componnets of Love are yet extand, yet valid. How could they not be?

When Jesus teaches not to teach against even the least of the laws, He is not lying.

If we are to obey the laws of Love, all the laws He would have us u8se as a guide to good conduct are contined therin. All mus learn which they are.....it is not difficult.

We do not earn anything by being obedient, but we can lose all by living a life of disobedience.