Christian alternative/ rock bands?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

jcheartsu2

Does anyone of any good Christian rock or alternative bands? I haven't had luck finding any. :/

U

Ugly

Red
Love & Death
Thousand Foot Krutch
Third Day
Skillet
The Letter Black
Flyleaf

That's just the first few that came to mind. There are tons of bands fitting this category.

M

MySavior

P.O.D.
12 Stones

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Red
Love & Death
Thousand Foot Krutch
Third Day
Skillet
The Letter Black
Flyleaf
add to list a couple of my favourites:

My Epic
Stavesacre (not active now i think)
The Walking Tree
The Prayer Chain (not active anymore for sure)
Voice of Glass
Wovenhand
Starflyer 59 (more indie lately, and earlier very shoegaze, but a really big variety of alt-rock sound across his long career)

.. & many more. really, there are a thousand bands that fit the description - how can you not be having any luck?
some specific sound you're looking for?

J

jcheartsu2

No thats all thank you. I think its because I don't type in the right thing but thank you for all the bands. :)

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
No thats all thank you. I think its because I don't type in the right thing but thank you for all the bands. :)

i think it's because i've been collecting odd Christian music for such a long time i think it's easy to come by :p

a couple more i love:

Poor Ol' Lu
Maylene and the Sons of Disaster

J

jakester8194

A couple of my favorites that weren't mentioned are pillar and decyfer down

M

muzikguy

cord of 3 is a good one, they are relatively new. Also check out spoken and thrice