Christian Artists and divorce

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

Cairparavel

I remember when everyone was in uproar when Amy Grant got a divorce. And there was also Leigh Nash (Sixpence none the richer), Kevin Max, and many others up to this date, i'm sure. Sad to say Christians' track record for divorce in general is no different than the world's. But I wanted to mention something probably only Plumb "fans" know about and i'm not sure why Relevant Magazine hasn't even covered this.

Something really cool: Tiffany Arbuckle Lee has a reconciled marriage which could also have turned into divorce like all the others. She is such a great example of this!! I don't know why more Christian circles haven't even made a big deal about this. I think as a church we should make a bigger deal of restored marriages and even friendships gone bad. It reflects the power of Christ and what He can do if we let Him do His work in us!! In a nutshell she said that God being first in her life has made all the difference. You can Google about her if you like. I highly recommend it if you got the time!

May 3, 2013
Hmmm!

I don´t know if, Christians or unbelievers ever told the complete truth about their being divorced (or reconciled).

I´m a divorced one (not an artist) and I see NO DIFFERENCE with any person divorced: The pain is the same and, within Christian-minded people, the hit should be less painful but, the truth is IT HURTS and, sometimes, it´s the same (or worst). It depends on each divorcing.

What diference do you expect? One like saying: "Show off, Lazarus. Come out an be seen!".

Each time a marriage is fixed, repaired and made a new, i see their hope to see it works. I see no difference between Christians or not, because the reasons to be divorced ARE always the same: Lack of many things and the absency of enduring love.