Christian Marketing: How Many Wristbands Can We Christians Buy?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

dyingeveryday

I kind of see it like Philippians 1: 15-18 It is true that some preach Christ out of envy and rivalry, but others out of goodwill. The latter do so out of love, knowing that I am put here for the defense of the gospel. The former preach Christ out of selfish ambition, not sincerely, supposing that they can stir up trouble for me while I am in chains. But what does it matter? The important thing is that in every way, whether from false motives or true, Christ is preached. And because of this I rejoice.

In the same way, the motives may be to slap a scripture on something and make a profit. Either way it is still scripture and truth. I have not bought any scripture plastered products or rocks. I have bought some music from Christian bookstores of course bibles and also some books.

N

NodMyHeadLikeYeah

lol, truely Nod knoweth that the KJV the KJV is the True Words Of Christ, just as he spaketh them.

Has anyone on this site Not seen Dogma?
Or was it just my worldly former self?
(This being a Jay & Silent Bob type movie I am Not actually posting a recommendation for it on CC. George Carlin as a priest & Alanis Morisette....well, look it up on IMDB if you don't know...)
I've seen it. It was so..... weird. I wasn't impressed.

D

dyingeveryday

Yeah, I saw that movie. Jay and Silent Bob are in it right?

T

Tintin

I haven't seen it but some friends from church have recommended it to me. It sounds challenging, thought-provoking and a little inappropriate.

Fenner

Jan 26, 2013
I didn't like the movie Dogma. I can't remember why I just remember not liking it.

Jul 25, 2005
Responding to the OP, I can't stand most Christian merch as it gives off the impression we are selling something other than an eternal relationship with Christ.

As for "Find God's Match for You"... it worked for me. If you are a single and depressed about it, there is no shame in getting a profile on one of those sites. Particularly CM.

That said, they really should change their ad campaign.

S

SeatBelt

I haven't seen it but some friends from church have recommended it to me. It sounds challenging, thought-provoking and a little inappropriate.
ya might could drop the "a little"

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jullianna

I am not a fan of merchandising Christianity. Not a fan of the Christian self-help book of the month club either.

Aug 2, 2009
I went to church and all I got was this t-shirt. :p