Christian Metal and Hard Rock

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Monnkai

Mar 18, 2014
Ive been listening to alot of Demon Hunter, Nine Lashes, Extol and a few others. Are any other christian metal bands that are good? I'm sure there are but suggestions are welcome.

S

sigh33n

Based ugly

Dec 1, 2014
In my day, the hot CHRISTIAN bands were Petra, Stryper, and White Cross. However..whether a band is considered good is only the opinion of the listener. Yes, you can have talented musicians that put out exceptional music, but, when a band is labelled as "CHRISTIAN" there is a higher standard. DOes that band express, exalt, and lift up the name of JESUS as it's total focus? Is the music ANNOINTED? Does it draw people to CHRIST? How truely effective is it when it comes to spreading the GOOD NEWS? Does each member proclaim JESUS as their Savior? I had a pastor who was extremely talented singer, guitar and keyboardist who had his own personal band that was popular in my local area. However, when you went to the band's webpage, what popped up was something totally different. NO other member claimed to be a CHRIST follower. One was a lesbian, one was into more of a new age approach, and worse. The pictures alone told a sad, sick story of nearly nude females, alcohol, cursing and worldly pleasures. Sadly..when you clicked onto the pastor's picture on our church website, all of this would take over the screen. If was not long before he resigned, got completely out of the pulpit, got divorced and is now totally focused on his band and music.

Bottom line..whether the style is rock, heavy metal, country, pop, rap, bluegrass..etc...and that is attached to the word CHRISTian....make sure that CHRIST has predominance.

Monnkai

Mar 18, 2014
Thats such at tough one. I want to say Demon hunter. But Nine lashes is really good too. I usaully base my favorite at the time as how close it makes me feel to God. Most of the bands I listen too have made me cry at least once. I feel so close to God when that happens. Its how I know God is real, nothing else makes me cry like that.

U

Ugly

Thats such at tough one. I want to say Demon hunter. But Nine lashes is really good too. I usaully base my favorite at the time as how close it makes me feel to God. Most of the bands I listen too have made me cry at least once. I feel so close to God when that happens. Its how I know God is real, nothing else makes me cry like that.
I pasted a link to the Christian metal thread that already exists.

S

ServantStrike

Favorite Christian metal thread... over 100 pages... good for the soul, every style imaginable there, every single style.

But I'm going to go out on a limb and say... core and or hard rock.

How about some deathy core?

[video=youtube;rx_mwjwX5t8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx_mwjwX5t8[/video]

If so, metal thread, it's full of core... I filled it with core.

Monnkai

Mar 18, 2014
I like it :) thanks very much! God Bless

U

Ugly

Favorite Christian metal thread... over 100 pages... good for the soul, every style imaginable there, every single style.

But I'm going to go out on a limb and say... core and or hard rock.

How about some deathy core?

[video=youtube;rx_mwjwX5t8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx_mwjwX5t8[/video]

If so, metal thread, it's full of core... I filled it with core.
I already provided the link. He responded by answering the question here....