Christian Piranhas?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 29, 2012
In the first week at CC i've seen a lot of heated discussions about homosexuality, both at the forums and in the chatrooms. Mentioning the word 'homosexuality' here sometimes has a resemblance to pouring blood into a fish tank filled with piranhas. No wag of the finger here though, i myself am guilty of that behavior too. When you love Christ and are convinced of his Truth it's hard not too react whenever someone starts up the same old discussion again. Ofcourse, sometimes people with genuine questions come here looking for answers. We can only point them at what's said in the bible about homosexuality and urge them to sin no more. But most of the time it seems like 'homosexuality' is something that is just brought up to stir up things, to troll the good people in here, and to make a point at all costs. I know it's hard not to overreact, but sometimes it's better just to walk away...

GBU...

Last edited:
J

jkalyna

:) I DON'T HAVE ANY FRIENDS WHO ARE LIKE THAT, BUT I DO KNOW THIS THOUGH. THE WORLD IS FALLING INTO SIN MORE AND QICKER THAN QUICK SAND. IF THERE IS NO PLACE TO LISTEN, OR TRY TO HAVE COMPASSION, JUST SHOW THE WORD, THEN IT SHOULD BE HERE. THERE IS A LOT OF HOPE FOR THIS GENERATION, AND DIMINISHING HOPE IN THE WORLD. BE A LIGHT JESUS SAID, DON'T HIDE YOUR LIGHT IN THE CLOSET. :p

U

Ugly

This section of the Forums is to give suggestions to the site owner on how he can make improvements on the site. Adding rooms, or forums, adding features, etc .. This post is more of a Misc Forum post.

Nov 29, 2012
This section of the Forums is to give suggestions to the site owner on how he can make improvements on the site. Adding rooms, or forums, adding features, etc .. This post is more of a Misc Forum post.
Alright. I thought this forum was for making suggestions in general, and my suggestion was not too react too much to the word 'homosexuality' anymore. But the admin can move this to misc if he wants.

U

Ugly

No worries. I knew that you were new to the site, so was just giving a heads up.

Nov 29, 2012
I appreciate it... :)

T

thewolfdetector777

We are to love the sinner Hate the Sin
this is the problem
too many want to throw the stones
yet they dont want them or do they think they need them thrown back

I have 2 in my family that are homosexual
and i love them dearly
they have a heart and brain and feelings like anyone else

i pray for them
and let God open the heart
its all i can do

sometimes LOVE is the best deliverance

but when you have people beating you with rocks
it dont make it very comfortable to open up does it

God bless you
and keep you
Deborah

D

dmdave17

We are to love the sinner Hate the Sin
this is the problem
too many want to throw the stones
yet they dont want them or do they think they need them thrown back

I have 2 in my family that are homosexual
and i love them dearly
they have a heart and brain and feelings like anyone else

i pray for them
and let God open the heart
its all i can do

sometimes LOVE is the best deliverance

but when you have people beating you with rocks
it dont make it very comfortable to open up does it

God bless you
and keep you
Deborah
Dear Deborah,

God bless you for posting this. You unquestionably have more chance of your family members seeing the truth if you treat them with love and respect, than if you harp on their shortcomings.

And Newluke, you show remarkable insight for someone as young as you. You are absolutely right.

AAAPlus

Aug 2, 2011
The reason Christians attack the sin of homosexuality so much is because most people don't struggle with it. They don't understand since they've never struggled with it, and so in their heads the person who does struggle with it must be weak or just purposely evil. A level headed Christian will realize that their own sins are just as bad.

It's much in the way that I've never struggled with drinking alcohol, so I tend to be more judgemental towards the many people who do. Alcoholism is rampant in our society, and many of our Christian peers like to get drunk, and many of us encourage it!

Both sins are equally evil. They both ruin our lives.

R

rauleetoe

The reason Christians attack the sin of homosexuality so much is because most people don't struggle with it. They don't understand since they've never struggled with it, and so in their heads the person who does struggle with it must be weak or just purposely evil. A level headed Christian will realize that their own sins are just as bad.

It's much in the way that I've never struggled with drinking alcohol, so I tend to be more judgemental towards the many people who do. Alcoholism is rampant in our society, and many of our Christian peers like to get drunk, and many of us encourage it!

Both sins are equally evil. They both ruin our lives.
Yes..but it should not be this way..sadly some get caught up in the thinking of 'i am not as bad as this person over here' and that is the self deception that the enemy can blind us with..we can really deceive ourselves into thinking all is well wth us and that we have arrived..when we ourselves are struggling with something..albeit not as visible as homosexuality, or gluttony(overweight person),etc..but we are uncomfortable with a gay person, obese people..me..i embrace them all..i am not homophobic..i will hug a gay guy and not think twice about it, after all, Christ died for him as well..
i hear what is being said though..even at times you are looked as less than others if your soteriology does not match up with their view of God's nature, or your pastor is a woman, you speak/do not speak in tongues, attend 'that kind of church'..preach only grace oriented gospel, or believe grace/and works/living right can go hand in hand..etc etc. Maybe this why i visit this site even less and less..i come here to be encouraged..not get torn up..sadly some here give Jesus a real bad name..

G

GM777

I don't understand our obsession with homosexuality as if it is the worst sin of all and unpardonable. We turn many good people away because of how we treat homosexuals and view homosexuality. Homosexuality is in the same paragraph as adulterers, fornicators, drunkards, thieves, etc. So, a heterosexual who goes to the bars every Friday night and has pre-marital sex with women is committing just as much sin as a homosexual. A lot of gay bashers will condemn homosexuality and then have pre-maritial encounters or get wasted or swindle their customers or someone because "that's business" or "part of the job," and they are hypocrites. We need to focus on ALL sin. I am sure many homosexuals don't even feel comfortable entering a church or seeking salvation because of the way many Christians turn them off or look at them as if they don't belong, and you can guarantee THAT is the work of the devil. The devil wants to turn away as many people as possible, and a lot of "Christians" are doing his bidding for him. Remember, MANY people will seek to enter the Kingdom of Heaven, and there will be a gnashing of teeth and utter shock when many people who believe they are good Christians are turned away. We need to have COMPASSION.

R

rauleetoe

I don't understand our obsession with homosexuality as if it is the worst sin of all and unpardonable. We turn many good people away because of how we treat homosexuals and view homosexuality. Homosexuality is in the same paragraph as adulterers, fornicators, drunkards, thieves, etc. So, a heterosexual who goes to the bars every Friday night and has pre-marital sex with women is committing just as much sin as a homosexual. A lot of gay bashers will condemn homosexuality and then have pre-maritial encounters or get wasted or swindle their customers or someone because "that's business" or "part of the job," and they are hypocrites. We need to focus on ALL sin. I am sure many homosexuals don't even feel comfortable entering a church or seeking salvation because of the way many Christians turn them off or look at them as if they don't belong, and you can guarantee THAT is the work of the devil. The devil wants to turn away as many people as possible, and a lot of "Christians" are doing his bidding for him. Remember, MANY people will seek to enter the Kingdom of Heaven, and there will be a gnashing of teeth and utter shock when many people who believe they are good Christians are turned away. We need to have COMPASSION.
well said sir..well said, could not have said it better..we will be responsible how we treat others..sadly some people hold onto the sacred cow of bad theology case in point hypercalvinism/look at the westboro baptists for example..or think since they are 'elect' in their minds, or saved that they do not have to treat everyone good and with respect..but i recall it says in the Bible to do good to all men..galatians 6:10..
if you love God as you say, then you must love your neighbor as well..or you are not in the truth and stumble in darkness.