Christian question

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Gc_2011

May 12, 2011
Does anyone knowof good website that explains the different branches of Christian religion? Thereason I asked is because of a friend of mine has grown in Baptist home but heis thinking of changing to Methodist or something different. I tried faith.combut the website is screw up. Thanks. I am looking everywhere that give me help.The thing is I am looking for one that listed beliefs, traditions, and history.

K

kenisyes

There are tens of thousands of them. Surprisingly, the best treatment for a new or non-Christian seems to be the wikipedia article. List of Christian denominations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia It has a chart, is divided by groupings, seems pretty current, and has hundreds of sublinks for whatever your friend might want to follow. Only the non-denom churches started without formal headship and the informal home churches seem to be left out, and those are both very recent developments, almost unknown except to a few who are active in them.

cookie39

Oct 5, 2009
the true church starts from within one's heart, and there is no division in the Body of Christ.... as Paul said Christ is not divided. So I choose to stay neutral... and just follow the Lord as the Holy Spirit leads me... I have learned through my studies that all most all these denominations are corrupt and teaches false gospel..... I would say just go to youtube and type in that religion and see what they say that is good and what is said that is bad... make sure they use scripture text... and do not take their word for it read the bible yourself with the Holy Spirit.... read those verses in context... and then make your decision. that is the best place to go because you will here from people who were once there or is still there and the reason why. Hope this help

Gc_2011

May 12, 2011
Thanks i will tell him.

T

Tintin

Rubbish. Churches are made up of imperfect, sinful people but many do teach the True gospel. No one denomination has it all right.

the true church starts from within one's heart, and there is no division in the Body of Christ.... as Paul said Christ is not divided. So I choose to stay neutral... and just follow the Lord as the Holy Spirit leads me... I have learned through my studies that all most all these denominations are corrupt and teaches false gospel..... I would say just go to youtube and type in that religion and see what they say that is good and what is said that is bad... make sure they use scripture text... and do not take their word for it read the bible yourself with the Holy Spirit.... read those verses in context... and then make your decision. that is the best place to go because you will here from people who were once there or is still there and the reason why. Hope this help