christian singles age 30 and above

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

cate

Apr 26, 2009
i have being in born again for almost ten years and one thing that i realized is that there are so many christian girls who have waited God to bless them with a husband so many have given up and to an extent are getting children out of wedlock.Am wondering is it us who have spiritualized everything and failed to socialize?????????????????There was an article on the news paper and they quoted that most of the ads for soulmate are from christians girl.

I

iraasuup

Why is this posted in 'Bible Discussion Forum?'

W

worldlover

yeah it's supposed to be in the singles forum

B

Baruch

i have being in born again for almost ten years and one thing that i realized is that there are so many christian girls who have waited God to bless them with a husband so many have given up and to an extent are getting children out of wedlock.Am wondering is it us who have spiritualized everything and failed to socialize?????????????????There was an article on the news paper and they quoted that most of the ads for soulmate are from christians girl.
I am a virgin and 45 years old, but I am persecuting like Baruch was in the OT to the point that I cannot have even a relationship. So don't give in to the pressure of the world to fit in.

2 Timothy 3:11Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me. 12Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. 13But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

John 7:The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil.

John 15: 18If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. 19If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. 20Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.

John 17:13And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves. 14I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. 15I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.

1 Corinthians 5: 9I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators: 10Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world. 11But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolator, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat. 12For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within? 13But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

1 Corinthians 6:18Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body. 19What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? 20For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

Trust the Lord to help you. He may provide a mate or He may provide an escape to keep your mind off of it till otherwise. Trust Him to direct your footsteps. Seek ye first the Kingdom of God....

2 Peter 2:8(For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds;) 9The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished: 10But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities.

Jude 1: 24Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, 25To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

cate

Apr 26, 2009
hi am sorry i realized when i had already posted it.Correction i do not consider myself stupid just because i made a mistake.let admonish the love our lord jesus christ.

M

Mark2010

It's not limited to just gals. There are more than a few single christian guys older than30 out here wondering the same thing.

Apr 26, 2009
It's not limited to just gals. There are more than a few single christian guys older than30 out here wondering the same thing.

I thought it is only us ladies.Am amazed never thought about it.

1still_waters

ok it's been moved;)

C

chrisbk

There is a guy at my church who met his fiance at christianmingle.com.They are going to get married in december.You have to pay for this service,of course.But it worked for them.

Apr 26, 2009
There is a guy at my church who met his fiance at christianmingle.com.They are going to get married in december.You have to pay for this service,of course.But it worked for them.
I never thought it works i guess i judged i thought they are jokers.my worry is am shy to post a photo and at the same time fear what people who know me what they will say.

L

logos83

I thought it is only us ladies.Am amazed never thought about it.

No cate we Christian men have the same problem. For that matter I know many who aren't Christian who have the same problem.

But God is faithful:

I Corinthians 10:13
"There is no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted abouve that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it."

Apr 26, 2009
No cate we Christian men have the same problem. For that matter I know many who aren't Christian who have the same problem.

But God is faithful:

I Corinthians 10:13
"There is no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted abouve that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it."[/quote

thanks but i still wonder what can be done to solve the issue for years are running fast what role as a person should we play even if we have prayed and asked God to connet us with our soul mate.

L

logos83

Yes cate I'm definitely with you on that one, I know God is faithful, but boy it sure hurts. We have a gal who started working were I work about 6 months ago she is very attractive physically, don't know her well enough and wouldn't have given her a second thought but two or three different times I have dreams about her like I'm in a relationship with her it is kind making me wonder I know God can speak thru dreams but maybe without knowing it I"m just that needy.

J

JohnWesleyMethodist

Well everyone is a Christian girl too. Doesn't matter what degree of sincerity they show toward God, they can claim any title they want.

Bill Clinton with his affair is a Born-Again Christian too. So is George W. Bush with his war machine. God help us with what passes for Christianity today!

J

JohnWesleyMethodist

hi am sorry i realized when i had already posted it.Correction i do not consider myself stupid just because i made a mistake.let admonish the love our lord jesus christ.
I hope that no one called you stupid. Stupid is people who reject God and go to hell. That's not you.

Mistakes happen.

Apr 26, 2009
I hope that no one called you stupid. Stupid is people who reject God and go to hell. That's not you.

Mistakes happen.
thanks john God bless you.i forgave the person and i hope that next time will think twice be responding coz we are here to encourange one another.

J

JohnWesleyMethodist

thanks but i still wonder what can be done to solve the issue for years are running fast what role as a person should we play even if we have prayed and asked God to connet us with our soul mate.
What can I say but to get the clean heart that God has promised to us all! Once you have the clean heart you would be content to live single even if that was God's plan. If not then I am sure God could quickly connect you to whom He has chosen after you receive it.

F

faith79

Romans 15:4-6 (NIV): "For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus, so that with one heart and mouth you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."

Every word of this passage rings true to me. On the one hand, being single is not easy, at whatever age. And, I have never been married, but I can well imagine that being married is not easy, either. I appreciate and am glad that there is a Christian singles forum here and I know that it is difficult for many to even come into contact with believers.
Loneliness and frustration are feelings which we all have time and again felt, and this goes for married people too (so I have heard :) On the other hand, our God is a God who, through Christ and our belief, loves us, longs to show us compassion, provides for us, guides us. We are the sheep, he is our Shepherd. We may want and pray for lots of things, some of which or much of which we do not receive as the months and years go whizzing by at a seemingly ever faster pace. Do we, throughout this time, keep our eyes fixed on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith? do we stumble and fall and by God's grace and mercy get restored to fellowship and back to running the race and fighting the good fight? or do we cease to trust God altogether?

Here is another good passage (I recommend reading the verses before this to get the context):

2nd Cor 4:16-18: "Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."

God bless!