christian suicide

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

elias_mcqueen

Do christians who commit suicide go to hell? explain why or why not?

J

josh123

to kill is to comit a sin and your killing yourself so it's a sin so yes whoever kills themselves go to hell

B

Bryancampbell

Bible is not completely clear on the specifics of it pertaining to salvation...but..

It's a form of homicide (murdering) if one is taking matters under their own hands [playing God], killing a life that belongs to God. And by that you cannot confess for forgiveness after committed.

But there is some cases that the mentally insane and such, who don't mean to do it deliberately (if they weren't in the right mind), then it can't be sin because he can't comprehend the moment in time for guilt.

Suicide is premeditated most likely if not mentally instability. And it's a form of murdering what God made to live. Killing the creation who is made in the image of God [also destroying the temple]. Whether Christian or not it's a form of killing mentioned in Exodus 20:13:

"You shall not murder"

But as I am human, understanding limited, I cannot judge the believer or non believer's destination. It's up to Christ who judges also the motives of the heart.

Jul 25, 2013
What does scripture say about that? Where does it say Judas went to hell? It says he went to his place. I'm sure the Apostles asked the Lord about that one after His resurrection and he probably told them, to his place because it isn't for them to know.

B

Bryancampbell

"Do you not know that you are a temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? If any man destroys the temple of God, God will destroy him, for the temple of God is holy, and that is what you are." - 1 Corinthians 3:16-17 NASB

I cannot judge...the outcome

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
Are you depressed and feel like committing suicide? Or someone you know? There is hope. There are many suicide hot lines, and I pray you find one. In my city, the Salvation Army does Christian counseling.

Pray that you or someone you care about gets the help they need. There are so many reasons to live!

Dec 11, 2011
I find this to be an extremely difficult subject. Some people say its a part of the unpardonable sin, because to kill yourself is to reject Christ. I personally don't think that's true.

I believe that to kill yourself is to shorten your story but not to end what chance you have with God and heaven. That is my personal take on it. To reject God would to be to hate him, to want to live your own life selfishly without Him or to not believe in Him at all. I think many suicidal people believe in God, and I think Christians can be suicidal. A Christian who takes their own life could have their reasons. The idea of suicide is to not be able to continue on... a hopeless struggle of eternal anguish in mortal life. I don't think it has much to do with outright rejecting the Lord as your salvation.

A life taken by suicide is so tragic. I think a lot of suicides could be prevented if people would look past themselves and reach out, not make excuses to not care about other people.

Feb 4, 2013
This is a great video, I think everyone should look at concerning suicide.

[video=youtube;wT2YlZORFFI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT2YlZORFFI[/video]

E

elias_mcqueen

Wow! you have some good points! thanks that really helped!

E

elias_mcqueen

Wow! you have some good points! thanks that really helped ;)

Feb 16, 2011
If it is premeditated they do. That is willfull. If they did it on a whim it is questionable. It is never a good idea.

E

elias_mcqueen

No, i am not at all contemplating suicide..was just wanting to know from a biblical prospective the truth about this subject! thank you everyone for your responses they have really helped me...I really believe God has called me to the castasides of society the broken and lonley in the world...alot of christians young and old alike are dealing with this issue...lets all pray...love you all!!!

T

Trax

A saved person doesn't go to hell. If Jesus the Lord left ANYTHING up to the individual to do,
or not to do, in order to get to heaven, none of us would make it. Getting there is up to Him.
We put our faith in Jesus. Even though He died on the cross to pay for our sins, if He had left
anything up to us, we wouldn't make it.

As far as commiting suicide, the desire to die even happens to the best of God's people.

1Ki 19:4 But he [Elijah] himself went a day's journey into the wilderness, and came and sat down
under a juniper tree: and he requested for himself that he might die; and said, It is enough; now,
O LORD, take away my life; for I am not better than my fathers.

Jon 4:3 Therefore now, O LORD, take, I [Jonah] beseech thee, my life from me; for it is better for me
to die than to live.

2Co 1:8 For we would not, brethren, have you ignorant of our trouble which came to us in Asia, that we
were pressed out of measure, above strength, insomuch that we despaired even of life:

The state of mind of not wanting to continue has happened and will happen to even the best of the saved.

K

Kerry

A saved person doesn't go to hell. If Jesus the Lord left ANYTHING up to the individual to do,
or not to do, in order to get to heaven, none of us would make it. Getting there is up to Him.
We put our faith in Jesus. Even though He died on the cross to pay for our sins, if He had left
anything up to us, we wouldn't make it.

As far as commiting suicide, the desire to die even happens to the best of God's people.

1Ki 19:4 But he [Elijah] himself went a day's journey into the wilderness, and came and sat down
under a juniper tree: and he requested for himself that he might die; and said, It is enough; now,
O LORD, take away my life; for I am not better than my fathers.

Jon 4:3 Therefore now, O LORD, take, I [Jonah] beseech thee, my life from me; for it is better for me
to die than to live.

2Co 1:8 For we would not, brethren, have you ignorant of our trouble which came to us in Asia, that we
were pressed out of measure, above strength, insomuch that we despaired even of life:

The state of mind of not wanting to continue has happened and will happen to even the best of the saved.
Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Job cursed the day he was born and longed that he was a still born. Because he did not want to face what he was facing. Yet he did not take his own life. Suicide is murder. No one has faced the trouble of Job. This man lost everything and I mean everything even his health. Yet he said I know my redeemer liveth and held true to that fact and came out better than he was before. Suicide is a trick of the devil.

T

Trax

Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Job cursed the day he was born and longed that he was a still born. Because he did not want to face what he was facing. Yet he did not take his own life. Suicide is murder. No one has faced the trouble of Job. This man lost everything and I mean everything even his health. Yet he said I know my redeemer liveth and held true to that fact and came out better than he was before. Suicide is a trick of the devil.
If you want to consider sucide murder, then I'll let you hold that opinion. But I have to reply with
some issues from the same list:
Exo 20:14-17 Thou shalt not commit adultery.
(15) Thou shalt not steal.
(16) Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.
(17) Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife,
nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.

What happens if you die commiting one of those issues? If commiting suicide sends a person to hell,
we ALL in a lot of trouble. No suicide is going to catch God off guard. Jesus already paid for the act
while on the cross. Jesus said:
Joh 6:39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should
lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

Jesus said He isn't losing no one that belongs to Him. As I said before, no saved person goes to hell.
Jesus has taken that option out of the believer's hand.

May 15, 2013
This video should explain all the questions about how things are done...

<strong>[video=youtube_share;6PfQ2ilEJFg]http://youtu.be/6PfQ2ilEJFg[/video]